Bad Guy Nate Swanson sentenced. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
IRH84F
Nate Swanson sentenced.

1 year in federal prison and $28,500.
I hope he rots.

WASH. TURTLE TRAFFICKER GETS YEAR IN PRISON .

Old 02-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #2
Jorge Horna
The Snake/Reptile hobby (or business for some people) is definitely not the same anymore. 15 years ago this was a completely different culture. More bad press for the few of us that truly care about these animals. It is a Sad Reality!!!

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...WS03/140119082

Old 02-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
LauraB
http://www.examiner.com/article/ever...imal-smuggling
"Swanson asked to be sentenced to probation and described himself as a reptile lover whose dream was to operate a pet store.

'I lived that dream and failed, and I am sad that it has left me in this current state,' Swanson said in a letter."

------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.monroemonitor.com/2014/01...-rare-turtles/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/artic...#photo-4597464

"Asking that he be sentenced to probation, Swanson described himself as a reptile lover who went too far while struggling to sustain his dream of operating a pet store.

'I lived that dream and failed, and I am sad that it has left me in this current state,” Swanson said in the letter. “I have not lost my love for these creatures, but have acted in ways that I am ashamed of, and which have been harmful ...

'The amount of shame I am feeling, and have simultaneously brought the reptile industry, is enormous.' "
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, this is how much he "loves" these creatures. Too little "love", too little conscience, too much greed. Karma ... gotta love it!
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2014, 09:31 PM   #4
nickolasanastasiou
Chelonian BDSM does not pay, folks. Well, it sort of does until one gets caught.

On a serious note, they picked a really good photo in that first article. I instantly felt bad upon seeing it.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #5
Mystic Exotics
I'm wondering why they are not mentioning the store in Everett that he owned/co-owned during this time as well (that has now changed names and the co-owner is now listed as the owner).

Old 02-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #6
Mystic Exotics
*I meant in the recent HeraldNet article.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #7
GMTIRRILL
probably the reason the reptile food depot owner Steve isn't mentioned is he was not involved with the illegal activities and is trying to keep his business from being tainted by the actions of Mr. Swanson

Old 02-27-2014, 01:18 PM   #8
KenyaChams
I am so, so happy to see this slimey dude put away. He always had a table at my local reptile expos filled with sick wild caught animals that obviously lived in the same delicups the whole time the stayed with him. He even had WC axolotls at a show a few years back and seemed unphased when I told him that they are endangered and he would be wise to get them from CBB sources. On top of that, he always had ads on Craigslist asking locals to bring him any wild caught salamanders, snakes, and lizards they could find for a bounty of a few bucks. This is exactly the type of crap that needs to be wiped out of the reptile hobby; he should have had to pay a lot more and do a lot more time than that, in my opinion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!