Donald Schultz - Mfezi (Bad Guy) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #31
Mangshan
Hmmm...
Simple solution:
She could take photos of the snake while it is being sexed. Decent focused photos.
Where you can clearly see hemipenes. Email them to Don.
Don is a decent guy....but we all make mistakes. Lets remember, is also human.
If you cannot demonstrate it to be mis-sexed by photos then perhaps you are forced to pay the return shipping. (Unfortunately, by sending payment to a vendor with this sort of SOP in their TOS...you have basically agreed to his/her SOP.)

Now....
I understand that you have TWO males...so you need to show BOTH being sexed as males in the photographs... ie: "Two snakes in one Photograph"
(This is nothing like "Two Girls One Cup"....that is an entirely different subject!) lol.

If Don sees the photos, perhaps he might be more willing to bend his SOP a little...and pay to have the snake shipped back to himself....as well as paying the shipping of the correctly sexed female back to her. It should be worthwhile for his reputation to do so.

Aside from this solution... In my opinion, if a seller may have made a mistake in sexing an animal...the seller should be the one to pay the shipping costs.

It should not be the customer's responsibility.

Afterall...the service a seller provides to their customer is a direct reflection of their own integrity.
Certainly a seller's reputation is worth more that what he/she earns on a single sale!
(If not...your're dealing with the wrong supplier!) lol

Harlin Wall - WALL TO WALL REPTILES!
970-245-7611
970-255-9255

Old 06-26-2008, 10:18 PM   #32
lanceheads
Good post Harlin.

Randal

Old 06-26-2008, 10:18 PM   #33
John E Dove
Mr. Flaherty,
No I did not even look at your site. I have no idea what it is. I only took info from sites I have bookmarked. If one of those looks like yours then you borrowed the wording from someone else or they borrowed it from you.

My only point was that not paying the return shipping is for the most part an internet business standard. I have a high dollar lawn mower with all the bells and whistle. It has a great warranty package and has already been to the shop once on their dollar. They have sent me boxes of maintenance parts 100% free. And if at the end of six months I am not happy with it I can send the mower back for a 100% refund BUT I will have to pay the shipping.

Granted the TOS is merely their to cover our behinds and we can do a better deal if we want but it IS standard for the purchaser to pay return shipping. We hear people complaining about it all the time on the BOI so it can't be that unusual.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #34
Chameleon Company
Maybe you should post in the lawn-mower forum.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:30 PM   #35
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Maybe you should post in the lawn-mower forum.
Why would I do that?
I am an adult, I read all the fine print, I was aware of the TOS & return policy before the purchase was made. To me it would be rather petty and childish to gripe about it now or if I decide to return it.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:15 PM   #36
Chameleon Company
I was not suggesting that the lawn mower was not properly sexed.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #37
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
I was not suggesting that the lawn mower was not properly sexed.
Ahhh, The key word being "suggesting".
If there indeed is a problem in the sexing, we only have the OPs word on this, then indeed it should be the responsibility of the seller to pay shipping. IMO
Especially since he does not seem to have a TOS disclaimer of any type, BUT if he did indeed have a TOS, stating he did not pay for return shipping, it would be left to his discretion.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:06 AM   #38
Mangshan
Thanks Randal.

Hope all is going well for you.

Your friend,
Harlin

Old 06-27-2008, 12:22 AM   #39
David_Means
John,

Just playing devils advocate here, I mean no disrespect. If you paid for a lawn mower and were shipped a weed eater, should you have to pay to ship the weed eater back, even if their TOS stated you where responsible for shipping? If you paid for a ball python and were shipped a rock python, are you responsible for paying to ship it back?

David

Old 06-27-2008, 12:22 AM   #40
spawn
Simple solution. Susan needs to get pictures proving the animals are males. Post it here, so Don can see. If he continues to resist the return shipping, then we hit him. But he says he's sure he sent a sexed pair, so so far we've got a he-said-she-said.

By the way, I saw a tentacled snake yesterday for the first time in person (very cryptic, cool animals), and I have to say they're fairly small animals, and wondered about the accuracy of sexing them to begin with, being that they are finger-width animals. Not that I know anything about snakes to begin with, but they are indeed thin snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!