Kevin Rhodes - Lubbock TX. BEWARE - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:23 PM   #11
lanceheads
Jim,
Maybe you should take this to the shipping forum,
Because the only problem I see is your starting a thread about a guy who shipped you a snake who pooped and shed in the deli-cup.
Get a grip dude.
Randal

Old 07-02-2008, 09:57 PM   #12
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads
Jim,
Maybe you should take this to the shipping forum,
Because the only problem I see is your starting a thread about a guy who shipped you a snake who pooped and shed in the deli-cup.
Get a grip dude.
Randal

Are you serious ????
you don't see anything wrong with the way he packed the snake ???

Get a grip ?????

Old 07-02-2008, 10:02 PM   #13
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim
Sorry to hear about the bad experience... What was the condition of the animal?
So far seems to be ok, drank for a few minutes when I set it up.
I will try to feed it in a few days.

I know this could have turned out a lot worse for the snake, fortunately I let my FedEx driver know the day before, that I was getting the delivery. So he kept it up front in the AC with him.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #14
lanceheads
Jim,
Answer this honestly, was the snake injured in any way by the way it was packed?
Randal

Old 07-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #15
homegrownherps
Quote:
Jim,
Answer this honestly, was the snake injured in any way by the way it was packed?
Randal

I think I already answered that.

And I also think that if I wasn't on such good terms with my FedEx driver and he didn't keep the box up front with him in the AC ...that snake would be dead from the heat.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #16
homegrownherps
Quote:
Jim,
Randal

Now you answer this honestly ;

Do you think that the way that snake was boxed was professional, and in the best intrest of the snakes safety ?

Do you ship animals ?
Do you always include some feces with each snake you ship ?
What does that say about the way he might keep the animals in his possession?

Old 07-02-2008, 10:48 PM   #17
John E Dove
WOW!!! That is an image of his business I would not want the world to know about were it me.

Could not be bothered to package the animal in a clean container for shipping.
Could not be bothered to add a top sheet of insulation to protect it from the heat.
Did not care enough about the animal to use a cold pack.
No padding in the box. Likely felt cramming in the water bottle was fine.
Ships in a used box.
Like Mr. Garcia said, I am surprised Fed-Ex even accepted that box.
Holy Moly, is this the first time this guy has shipped anything?

Very unprofessional at best and if this is reflective of his husbandry practices I would think three times about buying from him.
If the snake is fine I’d say you got lucky.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #18
krhodes
Reply from Kevin Rhodes

Jim,
My apologies for the way that the snake was packaged. My purpose in packing 5 sides of styro was just to protect the box from being set on any hot surfaces. I should have told you I would wait until my shipping boxes had arrived from superior enterprises-as you know those boxes are excellent.

As far as the shed goes, if you look at the pics I posted, the snake was in blue at that time. He shed the night before shipping and probably pooped too without me noticing as I packed- I am sorry, I'll be more attentive next time, I do realize that this is unacceptable.

As far as the coldpack goes- and yes it was a coldpack. I pack frozen water bottles wrapped in Newspaper then in a ziploc to prevent leaking. Typically they stay frozen for 8-10 hours and cold for another 4-5.

Though most people have requested Fedex for shipping as of lately, Dhl is far superior in the Southwest. I have only had 1 box in 7 years arrive late. I have heard that they are much worse in other parts of the country.

Jim , I am quite shocked at the unprofessionalism you promote. Instead of contacting me first about the issue and helping me see the packing flaws and become a better shipper, You have raced off to slam another vendor, no doubt to make you and your business look good to all who read.

Please send the snake back- I have others who are waiting in case the transaction did not go through. I will refund your total amout and will pay the freight for the snake to come back to me.

For any others who read, I have learned a valuable lesson about transporting animals and will change all future shipments.

Thank you for letting me post and for helping me to understand the flaws.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #19
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes
Jim,
My apologies for the way that the snake was packaged. My purpose in packing 5 sides of styro was just to protect the box from being set on any hot surfaces. I should have told you I would wait until my shipping boxes had arrived from superior enterprises-as you know those boxes are excellent.
I'm having a hard time understanding the logic about the five sides. You protected four sides and the bottom. Do you think any carrier pays attention to see if the box is sitting on the top? I don't think it happens even when you have arrows pointing up on the box. Insulating a box partially is probably not much better than no insulation.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #20
krhodes
Understood, and as stated above, I have learned a valuable lesson in custom packaging.
thank you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!