Kevin Rhodes - Lubbock TX. BEWARE - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #21
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes
Jim,
My apologies for the way that the snake was packaged. My purpose in packing 5 sides of styro was just to protect the box from being set on any hot surfaces. I should have told you I would wait until my shipping boxes had arrived from superior enterprises-as you know those boxes are excellent.

As far as the shed goes, if you look at the pics I posted, the snake was in blue at that time. He shed the night before shipping and probably pooped too without me noticing as I packed- I am sorry, I'll be more attentive next time, I do realize that this is unacceptable.

As far as the coldpack goes- and yes it was a coldpack. I pack frozen water bottles wrapped in Newspaper then in a ziploc to prevent leaking. Typically they stay frozen for 8-10 hours and cold for another 4-5.

Though most people have requested Fedex for shipping as of lately, Dhl is far superior in the Southwest. I have only had 1 box in 7 years arrive late. I have heard that they are much worse in other parts of the country.

Jim , I am quite shocked at the unprofessionalism you promote. Instead of contacting me first about the issue and helping me see the packing flaws and become a better shipper, You have raced off to slam another vendor, no doubt to make you and your business look good to all who read.

Please send the snake back- I have others who are waiting in case the transaction did not go through. I will refund your total amout and will pay the freight for the snake to come back to me.

For any others who read, I have learned a valuable lesson about transporting animals and will change all future shipments.

Thank you for letting me post and for helping me to understand the flaws.

WOW ...I guess this the part where the great debate comes in.

I completely do not see the logic in why you only use styro on 5 sides.
You mention hot surfaces ...what about the heat in general ?
How is a cool pack supposed to last without the proper insulation?

There's no way you can tell me that snake shed and defecated in that cup over night and it was as dried out as it was.
I have packed snakes for weekend shows that have shed and defecate in the delis...and it has never been that dried out.

I have tested the water bottle as opposed to the cool pack, a the water does not last 8-10 hours, especially in a box w/o proper insulation.

I requested FedEx because that is the only legal method to ship snakes. And I personally have not had many issues since I have been using them.

I did not contact you because what's done is done. Contacting you would not have changed the method you use to ship that snake.

Yeah right ...I raced here to slam yet another vendor....do a quick search and see how many people I actually "slammed" to make myself look better. I came here to let people know that if they purchase a snake from you that has to be shipped, what they might expect to get...that's what this forum is for right?

I don't need to slam anyone to make myself look better.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #22
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
WOW ...I guess this the part where the great debate comes in.

I completely do not see the logic in why you only use styro on 5 sides.
You mention hot surfaces ...what about the heat in general ?
How is a cool pack supposed to last without the proper insulation?

There's no way you can tell me that snake shed and defecated in that cup over night and it was as dried out as it was.
I have packed snakes for weekend shows that have shed and defecate in the delis...and it has never been that dried out.

I have tested the water bottle as opposed to the cool pack, a the water does not last 8-10 hours, especially in a box w/o proper insulation.

I requested FedEx because that is the only legal method to ship snakes. And I personally have not had many issues since I have been using them.

I did not contact you because what's done is done. Contacting you would not have changed the method you use to ship that snake.

Yeah right ...I raced here to slam yet another vendor....do a quick search and see how many people I actually "slammed" to make myself look better. I came here to let people know that if they purchase a snake from you that has to be shipped, what they might expect to get...that's what this forum is for right?

I don't need to slam anyone to make myself look better.
The guy apologized, admitted he made a mistake and offered you a full refund, including return shipping. What more do you want? To continue to "debate" with him as you put it just makes you look petty. At this time accept the refund or move on; beating this dead horse serves no real purpose.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #23
Amspoet67
Quote:
The guy apologized, admitted he made a mistake and offered you a full refund, including return shipping. What more do you want? To continue to "debate" with him as you put it just makes you look petty. At this time accept the refund or move on; beating this dead horse serves no real purpose.
Sam,

Don't understand your statement, Jim responded to Kevin's comments. Am I misunderstanding the purpose of a forum, someone makes a statement then someone else responds to it?

Old 07-03-2008, 01:54 PM   #24
Critterfarm

Sounds like the snake will pull through, and Mr. Rhodes learned a thing or two. Give the guy a pass for this one, and hopefully he does better in the future.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #25
Critterfarm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critterfarm

Sounds like the snake will pull through, and Mr. Rhodes learned a thing or two. Give the guy a pass for this one, and hopefully he does better in the future.
Was agreeing with Gecko_Den, but got slow finger syndrome.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #26
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den

I don't want anything ...I posted here to make others aware of his shipping methods.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #27
Carlos F.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes
My purpose in packing 5 sides of styro was just to protect the box from being set on any hot surfaces.
I don't get what you meant and just want to know where you are comming from. Do you mean that you usually ship with styro on 6 sides but this time left the top without styro incase the box was set on something hot and the heat made its way into the box the heat would have a way to escape because the top is clear? or did you mean that you usually ship with styro on 4 sides but this time added styro to the bottom incase that the box was placed on a hot surface it would have an insulated barrier between the snake and the hot surface?

I'm just curious what your logic was?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!