Slam fest in the classifieds! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
Ed Clark
Slam fest in the classifieds!

This is exactly the behavior that I thought was no longer allowed on the classified forums.

People like spj, jas and a few others telling sellers what they should be selling and not selling and to whom they should sell to etc, etc. this is wrong!

Maybe I'm mistaken, please correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=122771&page=4

Old 12-07-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
hhmoore
I've been watching the 2 threads you are talking about (even though you only linked one, I suspect there is another ). While I have been tempted to intervene, I have been hesitant to do so. Both sellers know how to delete ads should they so choose, and, particularly in the case of the one linked, some useful info has come into focus and saved at least one potential buyer from possibly making a mistake. As noted by Rich in a current Sound Off thread, there are substantial pros and cons to allowing people to post responses to classified ads...and sometimes the responses do reveal some important information. That is why each seller has the option to leave them open or close them.

For that reason, I am not inclined to randomly go in and stop the interactions or close the threads. However, posters in both ads are at risk of incurring warnings or infractions.
Guess I should go back and take a peak at what is happening in the other ad now

Old 12-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #3
SPJ
Give me a break Ed.

When did you become the all high and mighty ethical man?

Commenting on JnJ's ad, posting a snide remark in one of your ads as a veiled shot at JnJ, and starting the discussion in the BP forum.

Just because someone has the cash, does not mean they should be sold an animal when they have proven they are not ready to deal with a problem animal (and that was what was advertised).

Old 12-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
Give me a break Ed.

When did you become the all high and mighty ethical man?

Commenting on JnJ's ad, posting a snide remark in one of your ads as a veiled shot at JnJ, and starting the discussion in the BP forum.

Just because someone has the cash, does not mean they should be sold an animal when they have proven they are not ready to deal with a problem animal (and that was what was advertised).
It took you long enough! I have been bitting my tongue..

Old 12-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #5
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs View Post
It took you long enough! I have been bitting my tongue..
A little slow lately.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:27 PM   #6
Bill & Amy
Mr Potato HEAD

Old 12-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #7
WebSlave
If you all want to slam a particular member, then the BOI is for that. Doing so outside of the BOI is going to be earning some people "infraction" points.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:44 PM   #8
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
If you all want to slam a particular member, then the BOI is for that. Doing so outside of the BOI is going to be earning some people "infraction" points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post

People like spj, jas and a few others

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=122771&page=4
Yea Ed, Keep it in the BOI or take it to HELL where it belongs in the first place...

Old 12-10-2008, 07:45 PM   #9
jnjreptile
We finally locked the add, its to bad because there was a lot of valuable information in that thread that a lot of people could have learned from. A lot of good questions were brought up, and we try to answer them all the best we can, but I am not going to put up with a low life like ed raising hell just because he needs some xtra sales.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the valuable discussion in that add.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #10
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjreptile View Post
We finally locked the add, its to bad because there was a lot of valuable information in that thread that a lot of people could have learned from. A lot of good questions were brought up, and we try to answer them all the best we can, but I am not going to put up with a low life like ed raising hell just because he needs some xtra sales.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the valuable discussion in that add.
You are Welcome!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!