Bad Guy Reptilesncritters.com - Thieves - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #81
RichsBallPythons
Anyone else getting a 500 server error on their site.

Seems either their editing it and have it down or the Hosting site shut them down

Old 06-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #82
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
Anyone else getting a 500 server error on their site.

Seems either their editing it and have it down or the Hosting site shut them down
Hmm now its back up. Id say their on the site doing some editing.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:34 PM   #84
aSnakeLovinBabe
Ummmmmmmm....

http://www.reptilesncritters.com/bla...ca-indigo.html

In case you weren't aware... this is a friggen' RATTLESNAKE! A bit different than an indigo....?

there are literally 30 or 40 more like this that are entirely, utterly wrong. well that's how many I counted before I got fed up and stopped. Isn't this some sorts of illegal? Why would ANYONE buy from this site??? You can detect the shady-ness of it the moment you start browsing it. This is sad.... why do people like this bother with the business of live animals? Isn't there something else you can flip that's not alive? Like... shoes, or handbags or furniture? I almost want to see snakes that people have ordered off this website... I want to know what they ordered and see what they actually got. That'd be interesting..... but I am afraid of what the results would be.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #85
RichsBallPythons
I find it funny, that he states he does no work on the site. Yet hes a graphical designer for Websites. So you know hes the one surfing the site looking for pictures to add into his site.

How dumb do you think we are. Your Hosting site has already been contacted so its a matter of time.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #86
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
Ummmmmmmm....

http://www.reptilesncritters.com/bla...ca-indigo.html

In case you weren't aware... this is a friggen' RATTLESNAKE! A bit different than an indigo....?

there are literally 30 or 40 more like this that are entirely, utterly wrong. well that's how many I counted before I got fed up and stopped. Isn't this some sorts of illegal? Why would ANYONE buy from this site??? You can detect the shady-ness of it the moment you start browsing it. This is sad.... why do people like this bother with the business of live animals? Isn't there something else you can flip that's not alive? Like... shoes, or handbags or furniture? I almost want to see snakes that people have ordered off this website... I want to know what they ordered and see what they actually got. That'd be interesting..... but I am afraid of what the results would be.
Funny thing is Indigos are protected in a lot of states that require permits to even own/receive them through shipments. Thats another thing im sure hes doing illegally.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #87
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet View Post
I'm wonder what, exactly, he DOES do... for a guy that's so busy he can't delete photos proactively, he sure seems to NOT do a lot of stuff...

:
He's a drop-shipper what he does is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in all retail businesses, the retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price.

Not a bad thing necessarily Except when you're dealing with living animals at least flippers actually have contact with the animal and tend to know a little bit about care, species ID and the actual health/history of the animal you will get shipped.
IMHO, Drop-shipping animals is for hacks...( case in point)

Old 06-02-2011, 03:07 AM   #88
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by crespo72 View Post
Let me set the record straight with the wise cracking Mister Internet:
Nice try, but I'm about to destroy what little credibility you may have had left...

Quote:
- doesn't upload any of the images FALSE I upload 100% of the photo on the website.
You must have already forgotten your previous assertion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'private' email to Danny Mendez of Urban Jungles View Post
Many images are from customers who give them to me of their own free will (usually pictures they take of their own animals). Other images are from Wiklipedia.org that are listed as public domain and thereby not covered by DMCA rules, while other images were uploaded by a contractor who worked with my company uploading missing images on my website. That contractor did not follow my express instructions on gathering only free or public domain images, which ultimately was my fault for not thoroughly checking this contractors work.
So, you upload 100% of the images, yet images that are IN PLACE now were uploaded by your phantom foreign contractor, and were not "checked" by you. Explain to us how, exactly, you are able to upload 100% of the images on your website if in fact a contractor is uploading them and you're not even looking at them?

Quote:
- doesn't write any of the species descriptions or scientific names False I write the species names as I see them on my suppliers price list.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*coughcoughcoughcahbleasj;asdjhlas df* .... ahem.

So you indiscriminately copy whatever your suppliers send you, got it. So, you don't WRITE them, you CTRL-V them... and you think this is "writing"?? This site is like a bad school project. You know what, you're better off NOT taking credit for the "writing" on the site, actually... still speaks volumes of your character that you're willing to throw your suppliers under the bus for your lack of knowledge on the live animals you're selling.

Quote:
- doesn't handle any of the animals he sells TRUE I handle the very time consuming aspects of customer service, marketing, answer phones, and website maintenance.
Here's a thought... get photos of the actual animals people are buying, or let them know in BIG BOLD RED LETTERS that they are viewing a (stolen) REPRESENTATIVE picture. But you won't do that will you? Nope... Brooklyn business at its finest.

And don't for one minute think that we believe you do any kind of "website maintenance". When you have something besides a rattlesnake picture for your indigo snakes, I'll believe you spend any time at all going over the website and "maintaining" it.

Quote:
- doesn't ship any of the animals he sells TRUE My supplier ship the animals in my behalf.
I'm surprised you trust them with this task, since they don't know the difference between an Indigo snake and a Rattlesnake... one of your customers might be in for a nasty surprise, eh?

Quote:
- doesn't manage the content of his own website FALSE I manage all the content. I have a freelance writer who writes my care guides and I write many of the the animal descriptions.
Just so I understand you correctly, you manage all the content, yet you have hundreds of images routinely uploaded that are completely un-vetted by you, you have free-lance writers writing care guides with no accuracy oversight, and you write animal descriptions.

By the way, you're again not WRITING, you're CTRL-V'ing... for example:

RNC Gopher Snake Description: http://www.reptilesncritters.com/gopher-snake.html

is 100%, COMPLETELY ripped off of the published materials from the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum (website or book, take your pick).

RNC Flapnecked Horned Chameleon description: http://www.reptilesncritters.com/fla...chameleon.html

is ripped off the Atmosphere Chameleons & Exotics page for same... until the second half where you decide to add on some academic-sounding drivel that actually makes no syntactical or biological sense.

I'm sure I could go on and on, and I did check more of your "written descriptions" ... you are not the "writer" you're trying to make yourself appear to be, most of the descriptions (when there even are any) are lifted directly off of other, legitimate source. Tell us, how much "writing" is involved in that?

BTW, your freelance "writer" doing the care sheets is either not a primary English speaker, or dropped out of the creative writing program at your local community college. I can't believe someone had the gall to charge you for that "writing".

To summarize, everything I stated or insinuated was true. You do not control the content on your website (or you lie about it if you do), you have no idea what the animals you are selling look like and LIE about the fact that your customers know what they're getting, you pass the buck to your suppliers when there is incorrect info (wait, I thought you managed the content of your website?), you steal images (no wait, that was a contractor, I forgot), and you STEAL textual intellectual property wholesale, and without credit.

You embody the scammy, smarmy Brooklyn middleman to a "T" ... make a buck or two on volume, give people the run-around, nothing's your fault, everything's above-board, blame suppliers, blame the customer for not realizing exactly what they're getting, and on and on it goes... if I had a dollar for every story I've heard about people dealing with Brooklyn electronics "stores", I'd be rich. It must be a special club of smarmy middlemen who all get together regularly out there to discuss tactics.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #89
rjarosek
Oh boy . Where does it end with this theif.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #90
Focal
I don't understand why he doesn't fork the money up and just buy the rights for some pictures. Is that investment to big for your business?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!