The People's Un-Choice - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
Dragondad
The People's Un-Choice

Quote from Rich Z in Peoples Choice, post #3

Quote:
I think such a poll would be much more informative if it was via members voting AGAINST who should have that "power".......
I mentioned in that thread I think it would be good, yet nobody wants to take the initiative and go for it.

First the ability to take one's self out of the equation and handle the points without any personal feeling is something that I think is crucial. As Rick said in the other thread:

Quote:
I choose them for their level heads, and apparent ability to not take things to a personal level. They don't appear to take sides with any given "group"
Or the nutshell for me is the ability to think outside the box you created or want to create, and live within the box that society (the members) have to go by within the rules. You may have a feeling about a post, but maybe the best to do is step back and away and look at it as if you don't have a personal feeling attached.

The term moderation by definition is:
Quote:
1. the quality of being moderate; restraint; avoidance of extremes or excesses; temperance. 2. the act of moderating.
Thank you Dictionary.com

With that said here is my list:

Dand
Dr Owens
Lucille
Dragondad-I have no ability to follow my own advice on moderation
The no brainers like Chameleon Counters, Dave Lawson, and several other well knowns from the BOI.

There are some others that touch on the fringe, yet most of the current new mods are taking it slowly and seriously so as not to appear biased.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #2
jsrocket
Oh, man, now you've gone and done it. Now you've REALLY gone and done it......

Old 02-22-2007, 04:55 PM   #3
WebSlave
Just for the record, if anyone uses this thread as a vehicle to bash and belittle anyone here, moderator or not, this thread will wind up being deleted.

I was really jesting with that comment made in that other thread, but I am not going to deep six this thread unless it gets out of hand. In my opinion, all this will become is a gripe thread from people complaining about getting warning points.

And just as in the other thread, nothing anyone says here will have any effect whatsoever in who is chosen or remains as a moderator on this site. I have not asked anyone's opinions in this matter, and do not intend to do so in the future. For OBVIOUS reasons.........

Old 02-23-2007, 09:04 AM   #4
Cat_72
Is there a list somewhere of those who are currently the moderators by "paid" rights?

Old 02-26-2007, 01:29 AM   #5
ravensgait
Cathy this is the list Rozann posted in another thread
A&M Gecko
ALLSTAR
AncientDNA
Art Klass
bcherps
ben siegel
BigBreeder
Bob Kite
ByronsBoas
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
christopher66
Clay Davenport
csreptiles
Dachiu
Dan Lubinsky
Dand
Dr Owens (paid)
Epidemic
Ghi Reptiles
hhmoore
Isis Reptiles
Jimmy P
John Apple
Junkyard
Laura Fopiano
listenn
Lucille
Mark Beverly
MorphCapital
NERD,Inc
PerfectPetPython
Pintado
Preacher Pat
R Reptile Ranch
ragnew
Ravensgait
redtailboas
ricblair
rodneyj
scalyskins
Stardust
strayvoltage
Tim Cole
TripleMoonsExotic
Varnyard

I think(could be wrong) that only one person has paid to become a Mod since the change.. So saying they PAID to be Mods isn't very accurate. Some were supporting the site(before the change) and others were forum Mods. Not that it really matters just thought I'd mention it. Randy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!