Bad Guy Snakes4u.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
Tommywalker
Angry Snakes4u.com

Rick sladick at snakes4u.com sold me a albino male ball covered in mites and ticks and told me he put good bugs on snake to keep bad ones off costing theOut of me

Old 08-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
ShortStack
You aren't required to post emails, but it definitley helps your case. Do you have any? What about a run down of the transaction, pictures of the snake, vet reports? And you should to inform him of this thread so he can come and explain his side as well.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
Tommywalker
I take him back to vet Monday and I will post after I'm actually at work right now but as far as emails go I didn't send him an email I called hi
And told him when I received snake and I really didn't know what mites were I did tell him that he had bugs all over and what looked like ticks and he told be he put good bugs on him I went to vet right after and waited abot 5 hours the vet gave shot of ivermectin and told me to put vaseline on him

Old 08-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
Tommywalker
I sent him a email of post I didn't receive any paper work with snake just the shipping label

Old 08-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
reptilebaby
WHAT?

I've never heard of that. WHAT are "good" bugs on snakes???
Is that even POSSIBLE?
Sounds like a bad person to do business with.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
Homegrown Scales
Vasaline shouldnt be put on a reptile at all. It's actually going to make the snake prone to injury by softening his scales, causing them to flake. I would get that off
Of him ASAP. Oil based products shouldn't be used on reptiles on a large basis in general. Just a tip so that you dont have more issues.

Any pictures? Vet report, emails of transaction? Try and go through a rundown of the transaction or anything you have on it.
Morgan Weiss

Old 08-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
Homegrown Scales
I've heard of folks using Hypoaspis mite in cages. They are a predator mite that eats other mites. But they live in the substrate and not on the snake from what I understand. Meanwhile. Why was this snake even sold with mites at all? I am doubtful that was disclosed. Was it??
Morgan Weiss

Old 08-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
Tommywalker
Nope I was told he was healthy nothing wrong with him but these things are so bad they fall off of him and get on me while holding him he sticks his head under water an blows bubbles his nostrils were black on inside now there getting pink I did not put vaseline on him because another vet said not too so I didn't I was giving him a bath every day but was told not too so I clean his cage 3 times a day

Old 08-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #9
bpsandmore
I'd get a can of Provent-A-Mite fast as you can if there that bad that stuff works fast. It lasts up to 2 to 3 weeks with each treatment.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #10
Homegrown Scales
I agree P.A.M is The way to go with that. Yucky sounds like that poor guy was sent in Terrible condition.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!