? about tank cleaning - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-08-2005, 12:40 PM   #1
fschburg
? about tank cleaning

I have a 50 gallon tank that previously housed a diamondback terrapin, I want to set it up for my leo's.

I drained and scrubbed it out with a bleach and water solution and dried it out. There is no bleach odor but the glass still needs to be cleaned better. Couls I use windex to clean the glass or is there something else available that I can use ?

Old 04-08-2005, 12:44 PM   #2
VipVenom
have you tried scraping it with a razor blade? Since it is glass you can scrape it at an angle without cutting the glass. Depending on what is on the glass rubbing alcohol may take it off. Windex may work I have never used it though. Whatever you use just make sure that it is cleaned up well and so there is no lingering smell. Hope this helps.

Chris

Old 04-08-2005, 12:50 PM   #3
hill4803
Maybe try some vinegar. Make sure you rinse really well because vinegar smells bad too. I use vinegar to get the hard water deposits off aquarium equipment.

Old 04-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #4
ShannanD25
White vinegar works great for cleaning glass and is not harmful to your reptiles if you don't rinse thoroughly...

Old 04-08-2005, 01:44 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
I use vinegar when I get yard sale tanks, cleans up the glass really well, then once its cleaned up I go back and use the virosan to make sure its sanitized well.

Old 04-08-2005, 05:17 PM   #6
Vince
Use CLR. then take the tank outside and rinse it again. I used this on some used tanks that had fish in them took that cloudieness off the glass. viniger will work, but not as well. good luck with your leos. if you have any turtles forsale send me an Email

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!