0.0.31 Oregon red spotted garters all have been born now! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Hognose, Garter, Water & Ribbon Snakes

Notices

Old 08-03-2020, 09:15 PM   #11
dougbasham
Interested. PM sent.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:06 PM   #12
Ballpythonbakery
Care to show a straight comparison from what you're calling a creamsicle to a normal in your eyes? I'm actually curious as I have 2 blue phase and several females similar to your creamsicle as far as I can tell. I only have a few really hard red males. They seem to be more rare in my collection. I'm genuinely curious.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:33 AM   #13
Iloveherps21
I will take a good picture as soon as she sheds next to several shades of red. Creamsicle is her name. Her clutch produces various reds oranges and also her color a light creamy orange. My other females produce the various reds oranges but not the light orange that creamsicle has. I don't know the specifics of how her gene is expressed only that she will produce the light orange with a red/normal male. She is very pretty my favorite personally.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-06-2020, 09:07 AM   #14
tarsky68
oregons

There is no such thing as a "creamsicle" morph in Oregon Red Spotted. It's simply polymorphism. Marketing it as anything else is misleading

Old 08-06-2020, 03:09 PM   #15
albert clark
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^. I was curious also as to the inference of a “creamsicle” red spotted (t.s. concinnus) as well. I know about the blue phase red spotted however I agree that this is mere polymorphism and polyphasic and dimorphism at work. Not to mention the possibility of intergrade differences affecting coloration and the lack thereof. In any case, congrats on the huge litter! There does in ball pythons exist what’s known as a “dreamsicle”. The combination of a lavender albino X piebald.

Old 08-06-2020, 03:17 PM   #16
Ballpythonbakery
I only averaged 13 babies a litter on my end. Seems to be about where I stand.

I honestly don't even know if my blue phase females are genetic yet. They were wild caught by me after weeks in Oregon. I bred them to a standard Male and I'll be holding back offspring to see if it's truly genetic or just a fluke that happens. I'll try to get some good pictures. One has literally no red to be seen and the other has almost a faint whitish pink to a few side spots. Both heads are blue with no red. They are my prized Oregon's. I was actually sad I didn't have any with the striking red heads I see in some pictures. I love that look.

Old 08-07-2020, 04:14 AM   #17
Iloveherps21
Like I said I know nothing of the genetics. only that her clutches and only hers produce some offspring that are dramaticly lighter in coloration "creamsicle" is just the name I gave her. I never called it a morph only stated that only she will produce babies that are her coloration. And personally I find her coloration the most attractive out of hundreds seen in person as well as photos of others collections including the blues. I am curious as to how the babies would appear if bred with a blue and her. Then select the creamy orange offspring to back cross. Maybe for some light baby blues.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-21-2020, 05:46 PM   #18
albert clark
Good information all around guys! Thanks for all the input.

Old 01-06-2021, 08:12 AM   #19
JANB01
ARE THEY STILL AVAILABLE ??
JAN B. IN NJ..

Old 01-09-2021, 11:14 PM   #20
HardLuckHerper
Question High Reds

Hi,
Any still available?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!