Good steak salad recipie? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 04-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
JordanAng420
Good steak salad recipie?

I've been having a craving for some salad mixed with some nice, rare steak pieces...I was thinking something along the lines of spring salad mix, italian dressing, feta cheese, and some sirloin tips, but if anyone has a suggestion please post! Thanks!

Old 04-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #2
SamanthaJane13
First-I marinate veggies in a good balsamic vinegar-zucchini, mushrooms, green pepper chunks, etc. and throw them on the grill on low-just until they're getting a bit golden.

I thinly slice some red onion and some strawberries, and chop up some pecans.

Next, I toss the onion, berries and pecans into the spring mix with some balsamic vinegar.

I crank the grill up to medium high and slap a steak (I use rib-eyes) on the grill, cooking till RARE!!

I bevel slice the steak into nice thin strips, and throw it on the spring mix and berries with the grilled veggies.

It's my own twist on TGIFriday's Strawberry Fields salad, crossed with the steak and roasted veggie salad served at a local Greek restaurant.

ONE HELL OF A MEAL!!!

I've done the same thing with marinated chicken breasts.

Sometimes I'll crumble a couple of slices of bacon on it, too.

I've also used sliced pears or peaches when they're in season-in place of the berries.

Pick a cheese-any cheese...I don't eat it because I have lots of food allergies-including cheeses.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
Kaiyudsai
Larb Moo (Thai style Beef Salad)

I have a recipie for a thai beef salad that is amazing...

take 1 cup of uncooked jasmin rice..... toat in a skillet until it gets brown.... grind up fine..... this is a condiment in thailand and gives a nutty crunch to many dishes

get a nice ribeye.... slice it up into 1x2 inch pieces... in a very hot pan or wok with a little oil sear meat just enough to cook the outer edge.... keeping the inside raw(20-30 seconds in the pan max).... take off heat

slice thin 1/2 a red onion
chop 4 sprigs of cilantro and 5 thai basil leaves
chop 3 green onion tops

for dressing get 2 tablespoons of fish sauce and 2 tablesppoons of fresh squeezed line juice....... mix with 1 tbsp of dry ground thai red chilis

mix all above ingredients .....add I tsp of the ground toasted rice..... and toss in the meat........ serve in raw cabbage leaves(regular savoy cabbage not NAPA or BOK CHOY)... like lettuce wraps...

this dish is called Larb(pronounced Laab) in thailand..... It's traditionally a very spicy dish ..... the hot and spicy flavors gp great with the cool raw crispy cabbage

Old 04-16-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
JordanAng420
Both of these sound amazing! I definately will try them. Thank you guys!

Old 04-16-2010, 11:16 PM   #5
SamanthaJane13
Anytime, sweetie!!!

Old 05-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #6
joshc24
You could always go with the classic black and blue salad!!!!!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
tenderoni
My steak salad is super easy and something I make when I'm cooking for myself.

Spring mix tossed with a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Top that with blue cheese, red onion and walnuts. (bacon and/or strawberries are also good additions)
Place sliced steak on top! And voila!

I like to make my own croutons too. Just find a nice crusty bread and cut into crouton sized cubes. Put the cubes on aluminum foil and toss with olive oil, sea salt and cracked black pepper (you really can't over do it on the seasoning). Throw that in the oven at 350F until crispy! I like to mix them with the lettuce and dressing a bit before everything else is ready so that they have a bit of time to soak up some of the dressing. Then the are the perfect amount of crunchy.
Yum yum yum. May have to make this for lunch...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!