Dan Scolaro bad guy. - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:55 PM   #71
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
Dan gave me a gaurantee that I had 48Hrs to contact him if there was a problem...Which I did. He stated he would replace them. He pulled that "He's Harrasing me" nonsense which he pulled before on someone else. Then got off the hook by saying that it was my fault due to harrasment... I never lied about anything between me and Dan, The only thing I lied about was that My Dad started this post, I came back and told the truth. Read the E-mails and it is clear what he does.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:48 PM   #72
ravensgait
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckenzie_river_reptiles
Dan gave me a gaurantee that I had 48Hrs to contact him if there was a problem...Which I did. He stated he would replace them. He pulled that "He's Harrasing me" nonsense which he pulled before on someone else. Then got off the hook by saying that it was my fault due to harrasment... I never lied about anything between me and Dan, The only thing I lied about was that My Dad started this post, I came back and told the truth. Read the E-mails and it is clear what he does.
Well I wouldn't throw out the Harassing comment because you were harassing the guy, he told you he would replace it come summer and you kept after him. He asked you to stop and you just kept after him. In his place I would have been fed up with you too. I would have sent you a refund for the one animal and told you to never contact me again but that's just me. You act like a 3 year old and that gets annoying !

If Dan refuses to do anything for you I for one wont hold it against him but if he refunds or gets you another animal it would make me think more highly of him. As dealing with you must be like getting a Root Canal with out the needle first. Randy

Old 04-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #73
romad119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
I would have sent you a refund for the one animal and told you to never contact me again but that's just me. Randy
And I think thats thew difference that would make you thebetter person if this deal had been between Luc and yourself.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:37 PM   #74
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
Randy,

I kept after him because I did not know if he was going to "replace" the animal. That word "replace" means that he replaces the animal....An 06 pink tongue skink, and he pays for shipping.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #75
Dan Scolaro
Alan: Well a better person would not sway when confronted with intimidation tactics. My last email to the father Matt was that I would consider providing a free skink when I received more from the breeder, and his repy to thank me for such great consideration was to attack with this bogus thread. So go figure why that man is such a nut case.

Randy: Thanks for your comments, but why refund any money when it's not part of the guarantee and the skink was perfect and healthy when it was shipped? I am a retired Naval Officer and financially secure, but don't feel as though giving him his money will benefit the industry as he will smirk and try the same scam on other folks, so perhaps the boy needs a lesson that he cannot run his mouth and get away with it. Are you saying to give in to intimidation and threats? Again, you have not viewed all the emails and know all of the information. The buyer is afraid to present it because it makes him look bad and I really don't have time to piece it all together. Would you give a refund to someone who threatened to allude to robbery of your reptile collection as they did or would you rather give them a swift kick in their behind? I guess the latter, so we can leave it at that.

Dan

Old 04-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #76
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
Would you give a refund to someone who threatened to allude to robbery of your reptile collection as they did or would you rather give them a swift kick in their behind? I guess the latter, so we can leave it at that.

Dan
Dan, I would be interested in seeing that particular email with the headers attached.
If you could post it or forward it to me and I'll post it as received.

Thanks..

Old 04-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #77
Dennis Hultman
Lucius, did you or your dad threaten to steal his collection?

Old 04-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #78
romad119
I'm surprised no one has addressed the fact that this deal was with a minor... Alot of rope there.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #79
Dan Scolaro
Dennis:

This was the father's letter to threaten and intimidate to extort money for something he was not entitled to.

Dear Dan;
My name is Matt Cauthorn and I have been involved with working with various animals since I was a young boy, I am now 47 years old and have done quite well for myself in Realestate development.
To cut to the chase I have read all of the back and forth e-mails between you and my son luc, I have always warned him to check the persons background before making any agreements with anyone, with you Sir he didn't and now he is paying for it and it has been a good lesson for him.
I got out of this buisness for just this reason, I can remember talking to Applegate, ernie wagner, bob clarke, terry vandeventer and others when we started to see so many scam artists and we where all very bummed because it was something we all loved to do, but it just became a real constant anger we would experience at times, Hell Bob had most of his collection stolen, ron tremper likewise has suffered.
This is what you need to know; We are in the process of contacting the other people that have complained against you and I am taking care of the attorney fees which will be part of the judgement so I will recoup those at some point.
Do you understand at all what you have done? or are you amoral and without any sense of right and wrong.
I am going to give you 7 days from today so Dan that would be the 11th this will give you time to take all of your e-mails to your Attorney, after you are told that you would be smart to keep your obligations at that point I want full payment for the animal that came in unsavable and died the next day because YOU sent them to the wrong place and they just sat there.
I would encourage you to seek counsel but that is up to you.
But know this I have already contacted my Attorney and spent 60.00 which I am willing to forgive that if you play nice,than you can move on otherwise you will receive from me whatever it takes to get a Judgment against you and believe this at your own peril; my pockets are much deeper than yours.
Warmest Personnal regards,
Matt Cauthorn
The attorneys Phone # that will be handling the case Donald A Loomis (541)344-8333

Old 04-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #80
romad119
Dan,

I wouldn't have replied to anything in this thread then. It may come back to haunt you. Once he through the legal thing out there I would have clamped up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!