Alex Hue and TNS reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-17-2003, 05:42 PM   #1
NEWReptiles
Alex Hue and TNS reptiles

Please post the results of over 200 dead ball pythons.

I would like to see this post up again as I am angered that so many animals have been lost in less than a week.

Old 06-17-2003, 05:53 PM   #2
TNS Reptiles
Al im gonna be putting pics up tonight of the 35 that died last night and the 20 + more that died this morning and i have to go in again in a little while to clean more out and pick more dead out. You think you're angry, you cant even imagine how i feel.

Mike Brooks

Old 06-17-2003, 05:58 PM   #3
Seamus Haley
I ended up unable to read posts for a while and contributed to at least three of those error message alerts that was sent to Rich, but had been reading this thread prior to being unable to see the boards...

Was more detailed information about the exact disease/infection/parasite load that was diagnosed given?

Was more detailed information about the specific treatments being undertaken given? The last post I saw, there was some question about dosing amounts and the possibility of medication toxicity, just wondering if that got cleared up.

Was the email exchange and the more specific timeline posted?

Any information that ended up on here should probably be added to the end of the thread once more, server problems eating it leaves very few people as having seen the full amount of whatever was posted.

Old 06-17-2003, 05:59 PM   #4
Seamus Haley
Quote:
that was sent to Rich
Wow, my syntax and tense is all messed up today, that's about the tenth post I've done that in... should be "that were sent to Rich"

Old 06-17-2003, 06:23 PM   #5
TNS Reptiles
Sean as far as the treatment given my vet said he gave them flagyl and that was it. He takes care of many of my snakes and he did not give them all this treatment. I'm not sure of the exact dosage but he is a professional and this began before he had seen any of them. I have a pic that should be on tonight around 11 or so of all the ones that died last night and today upwards close to 50 or so in a container i have out by the garbage. I'm not freezing them all and i wont because its ludacris to have that many snakes frozen with my food. I cant freeze that many dead snakes in my fridge and my frozen rodent freezer is packed to the gills so outside in the garbage they go. If somebody wants them sent to them ill have no probelm bagging up the bodies i have here and the ones ill have tomorrow and the next day and the next until i have nothing left. When i post the pics tonight then give me a reply of what you guys think. These animals were dying long before any of them were brought to be checked out and given some meds. And it seems that many of them have been going from different things but if anyone things im going to have a autopsy done on that many snakes its a little ridiculous. 100's of these animals were dying before and after med so i DONT think its a question of toxicity at all. The majority died before hand.

Mike Brooks

Old 06-17-2003, 06:30 PM   #6
Seamus Haley
Quote:
100's of these animals were dying before and after med so i DONT think its a question of toxicity at all. The majority died before hand
I think it was just brought up by someone because you were unsure of the dosing levels, unfortunately I can't remember who asked or how they worded it. If you were following the vet's instructions though, then you're correct, there shouldn't have been a toxicity issue.

Old 06-17-2003, 06:39 PM   #7
TNS Reptiles
And as far as having an autopsy done on these animals. These are animals that cost $5 each. Having them diagnosed would cost 10x that much. And instead of being out 5k i would be out 12k. I thank all you guys with your questions and im not looking to harm anyones reptuation, BUT i am looking for someone to do the right thing. These animals should not be dying like this. SOMETHING is very wrong. I've come to the fact that ive been shafted here and instead of having aniamls that are healthy and eating and i can sell. I'm taking so much time out of my day to attend to cleaning out animals that are becoming. Pics will be on later. Like Al said do you know how bad it hurts to clean that many dead animals out of tanks? My #1 love is for the snakes first, then money. I'm not happy taking those dead babies out of those cages at all.

Mike Brooks

Old 06-17-2003, 06:50 PM   #8
TNS Reptiles
One more thing if the man who gave me those HET FOR DEAD ball pythons wants them back ill ship the live ones that are dying as we speak along with all the dead i have now back to you so you can see the rest for your own eyes. I know that you're not going to make good on this because you think im trying to pull as fast one on you some how or that I am uncapable of taking care of snakes which is quite funny. Anways like i said ill ship the rest to you because frankly im VERY sick of this morgue I'm running over here. I'll pay the money so you can see all the dead and because you're not going to make good one it you can keep them.

Mike Brooks

Old 06-17-2003, 07:21 PM   #9
NEWReptiles
Quote:
Like Al said do you know how bad it hurts to clean that many dead animals out of tanks?
Al also said he has a hard time grasping how you take proper care of 1000+ animals. And you said it yourself in the deleted thread that you take care of your animals yourself.

Old 06-17-2003, 07:51 PM   #10
WebSlave
Warning!

Hold on Al! That thread was NOT deleted! Is that what you believe?

Did you bother to read the post I made about what happened? Do you want me to post ALL of those 250 database error messages I got this morning?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!