Dan Duvall Not looking good - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2004, 08:45 PM   #1
Chameleon Company
Thumbs down Dan Duvall Not looking good

I and My Partner Bought a snake from Dan about 2 months ago for 400.00 it was for a Ball python Project we are working on. I sent the money, and I got a snake, Not Bad looking, But it died the next Day. Well, we contacted Dan, and he said we could get a refund, or he would find us another one. We opted for a replacement at that time..... After a considerable amount of time, Dan offered us a snake in replacement, not a snake I would pay 20.00 for let alone 400.00 No offense taken, We just said No thanks. Well Now it seems as if this was our only option as we were then told basically it was that snake or nothing. And this time No refund either. We have tried to call Dan and get this problem taken care of, But at this time, He is not responding to our e-mails or our telephone calls.
All we want is or money back, and I believe given the circumstances, we are entitled to it..
What do you think??
All we have are his cell #s and his P.O. Box in virginia, Anyone out there have an address?????
Thanks
Tim Lane
Michael Cole
The Ball room

Old 01-18-2004, 09:36 PM   #2
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Mike,

Do you have the CITY he resides in or where the PO box is? I found a couple of Daniel Duvall's in Virgina. Below were found through SwitchBoard.com Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2004, 10:06 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
When I thought I had seen everything!

Is this the same Dan from VA that posted this ad today?

Quote:
RARE female racoon ball python
VA , / nation wide shipping
Posted by Dan (Contact Me!) on January 18, 2004 at 13:00:52

I have a 03, CH, female racoon ball python for sale she is
459g, healthy & very colorful pic,s do not do her justice
she gulps down lg, mice w/ no problems she is a VERY RARE
girl. I am excepting SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY, I am only intrested in other visable ball python morps & albino
western hognose morphs on trades, if you are intrested or
have questions please let me know............

all sales are final, Thanks Dan
If he is the one there is a thread on him already.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...1082&highlight

He seems to be selling pretty "unique" ball pythons but as such, the person that is buying from him wants THAT particular ball python, and not a replacement if the said python dies. Yes, he does have the clause "all sales are final", but that doesn't apply to animals that die! In my opinion you deserve a full refund.

Good luck!

Old 01-19-2004, 08:24 AM   #4
Chameleon Company
Yes, Thats the person in question

Yes, Its the Same Dan Duvall.. Watch out, He seems to have nice stuff, But do you want it dead of alive???
I have seen his recent posts, so theres no way he can say, that he's out of town or his computer is not working, all the old stand-by's Again, It seems as if he has some nice stuff, All I want is a 400.00 value snake or My money back. Seems appropriate, Also, The older adds did not have the little Comments, All sales Final.. I guess if you buy a dead snake from him It's tuff luck to you.
Tim Lane
Michael Cole
The Ball Room

Old 01-19-2004, 09:57 AM   #5
Rob @ RK Reptiles
I noticed all his ads are gone from KS. I went through my old e-mails and here are 2 different e-mail addresses for him from e-mails I received. I will try e-mailing him and see what response I can get back from him for you guys.

Received October 2003

DANDUVALL0001@wmconnect.com

Recieved January 2004

danduvall100@ispwest.com

Old 01-19-2004, 10:13 AM   #6
The BoidSmith
Michael,

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. He has been posting for a while and some of his animals look nice. But there was something odd about his ads and that's why I posted this thread
about him

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...31082&highlight

He was selling LTC breeding groups (1.4) for $450. To good to be true. They were all eating until a couple of months ago but now they were off-feed as they were in breeding mode (red flag!).

Hope you are able to find him.

Old 01-19-2004, 01:56 PM   #7
balls0001
TO TIM LANE FROM DAN DUVALL

This is real nice Tim, you trash me like I totally ripped you off!
why don,t you tell these people that you did not even finish
paying for the female I sold you on credit and also that when
I offered you refund on what you paid you said NO just get
you a female like that one or another abarrant female so when I
did get another abarrant female for you it was not what you wanted or not good enough since it was not a blurry female
like the male blurry I sold you . When you finish paying for
the female you will get your replacement not until then you
have my number and know how to reach me so don,t act
like I ripped you off and totally disappeared after all I guess
you don,t rember calling and telling my wife to FORGET
it that this finished its all over you don,t want nothing being
very nasty with her, which you did call back and said you were
sorry and thats ok ,since you do have my same phone number
and know how to reach me .

Old 01-19-2004, 02:10 PM   #8
ms_terese
The question remains:

If Tim didn't think the replacement animal you offered was of appropriate value, why not just refund his money?

Old 01-19-2004, 02:52 PM   #9
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Ok will both parties please explain the story on the supposed other female that has not been paid for yet?

Old 01-19-2004, 02:53 PM   #10
The BoidSmith
[QUOTE}When you finish paying for the female you will get your replacement not until then...[/quote]

So Tim is supposed to pay Dan in full, for a snake that died the very next day upon arrival, and only then will he receive a replacement?

What if he doesn't like what is available? When someone pays $400 for a normal or "aberrant" ball python, he expects that particular ball python. Not something that looks similar. If he doesn't like what the seller has to offer a full refund is deserved.

Now, if he so choses to send money again for a different snake that is a different story. It will be a different transaction. Tim's money can't be held "hostage" of this transaction and have him wait until a similar ball python shows-up. It's not the situation like a breeder that produces a given morph and can replace it with another similar one (pastel, piebalds, etc.). And even those can be of different quality/price.

Just my opinion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!