Inquiry MJC Serpents... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:43 AM   #11
Pink Lady Exotics
Arrow

Per Mindy's own words, she stated she contacted the seller of the snake and found out they lost a lot of their collection, and necropsies of their snakes showed peripheral inclusions in the blood.

Also, per her own words, she has bought and sold several snakes since her snake's death, including a boa litter born in May. 2 of those boas she sold died -- one died on September 7th within a few weeks of leaving her collection, the other died within just 1 week of leaving her collection. The first supposedly died from "organ failure caused by being fed weekly", and the other supposedly died from "thermostat failure". Necropsies were not performed on either boa. There is also a 3rd snake at her "store" that was on the verge of death:

She also claims to QT, but per her Instagram, she was photographing several newly acquired snakes with her established snakes, including those that had been around the one that died:

This was her initial ad selling her collection:

The summary is this: Mindy had a snake die from what she suspected as IBD, that she states came from a vendor who lost a significant portion of their collection to IBD. She never had a necropsy or any testing done herself, so it could have been any number of other known viruses like PMV or BPNV, or just a random fluke. No way to know. She continued buying and selling animals immediately after, often mixing them together for pics (including the snake housed with the suspected IBD snake), thus no quarantine whatsoever. Mindy then admits that 2 of the boas she sold in that timeframe died in their owners' care -- one in less than a month of its arrival, the other in less than a WEEK. She claims one died from overheating, the other died from organ failure caused by "being fed weekly". Both are suspicious at best, and a coincidence that they both came from her. Then a third snake in her care, at her "store", almost died from extreme weight loss. NOW she's looking to sell off her entire collection. On top of that, she repeatedly deletes/bans/blocks anyone on Facebook that contradicts or questions her, refuses to listen to or acknowledge hobbyists with far more knowledge and experience than her that have tried to get through to her, and deletes/hides every last shred of evidence on her Instagram and her Facebook profile once it is questioned...which is kinda sketchy.

Given all of the above, I feel that warrants an FYI to potential buyers, so that people can read the information themselves and make an educated decision before buying her animals, and if they do, at least be aware that they should be strictly quarantined to err on the side of caution.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:46 AM   #12
Pink Lady Exotics
Also, her name is Mindy J Comeau (obviously), in case anyone searches using her name vs. her business name.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:49 AM   #13
lillyorchid

Old 10-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #14
mjcballpythons
to straighten things out

I do NOT have ibd going around in my collection. the snakes that are for sale are at This Side of Paradise Pets, nowhere near any of my personal collection anyways. Sad all the lies being spread about me. A year and a half ago I had my first snake die after having her for two weeks. She was extremely skinny and dehydrated and too far gone. The night before she died she displayed neuro symptoms that all snakes display before they die for any reason. My mistake for saying it was IBD, I just had no clue and that's what I thought it was. Suvks that my misuse of words has caused this unnecessary blasting that has no conclusive answers. None of my snakes are sick and around 20 people have bought from me. I have yet to hear of a collection loss after buying one of my snakes and I also have yet to hear of a true story regarding a snake that I sold being sick or dying for a reason not buyer's fault.

Old 10-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #15
mjcballpythons
PLE

Also find it funny how Pink Lady Exotics is the one who started the blasting, has never seen or done personal business with me and has no idea what is going on. I blocked her on fb due to the harrassment and not listening to my explanations. All the snakes i have for sale at the shop just ate two days ago and are happy and healthy. See for yourself or listen to the bullshit being plastered by the woman who has nothing better to do than talk bad about everyone because she thinks she is God. Everyone who has actually done business with me and posted a TRUE review regarding me and my snakes, thank you.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:07 PM   #16
mjcballpythons
a little more sauce for the pasta

Two can play at this game.
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #17
bobbafett
Except Jens issue is on fauna.

And Jen didn't start this thread.

Also kinda funny how the ones who post your good guy transactions are new to fauna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #18
mjcballpythons
That's because I shared the link to this thread on my page and asked them to comment. They all did BOI posts in the reptile groups.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #19
Dennis Hultman
When you state
Quote:
my first snake die after having her for two weeks. She was extremely skinny and dehydrated and too far gone.
"first snake" in this quote are you referring to that being the first snake you owned or first to die in collection?

You bought a skinny, dehydrated snake? Where did it come from? How many snakes did you have in your collection at the time? What happened to them?

Several members here and friends of mine have had to put down their entire collection because of IBD. It needs to be taken seriously.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #20
bobbafett
Dennis, she never had a necropsy done so we can never know what happened.

But she said the person who she got the snake from had part of his collection die and the necropsy showed inclusive bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!