Exotic Herps 28 (Just a friendy BUYER BEWARE) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-08-2004, 11:47 PM   #11
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally posted by weaf

I have chosen to sell ONLY CB and to specialize in only a select few species. This will allow me to learn, work and build a strong client base, based on reputation. (I have a background in sales marketing and breeding birds in small and large qty) And if for any reason I decide to sell a breeder or like that is LTC (As I avoid WC like the plague) I would sell it as such and never mislead anyone knowing karma will come back around and nip you in the butt.........................

and a 3MP of better CAMERA (4 to 5 MP recommended). People how are buying pets don't like to reach in to a hat and grab a new pet. They want to see what they are considering before jumping in face first.
Well said. Just have two comments.
First you mention you would sell something as LTC, because you avoid wild caught like the plague. What is the difference? LTC is wild caught. Maybe you should have said, you only will consider WC if it is well established or quarantined/treated or something.

Second, correct me if I'm wrong, just a comment to those with a lower budget who just want to get photos online to start selling, but since online photos are 72dpi, a 2MP (or even 1MP) would be sufficient. Definitely, if you want a good camera, for all around use at least 4MP would be the way to go as you suggested.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:22 AM   #12
weaf
Agreed. The problem with the term LTC is that everyone has their own definition. I consider LTC a WC but I also consider "Long Term" as at least 1 year while way too many people seem to consider Long Term as 3 months, hell I wouldn't consider a girlfriend of 3 months "Long Term". Plus as I mentioned specializing in only a few species a few are extremely hard to find "CB". One more reason I want to breed them - Challange, Value and adding to the CB population to help reduce the need for WC of that species. My personal thought is that if we (herp breeders) do our part WC will become a thing of the past.

As for 1 and 2 MP cameras...they blow. Once you use a 4 or 5 MP quality camera such as Canon, Olympus, Minolta or like the difference is night and day. 72dpi maybe a limit but I have seen a great deal of nice pics using decent camera (3, 4 & 5 MP according to the owner of the pictures) and a great deal of rough, grainy, generally poor pictures taken with 1 & 2 MP Cameras.
My point in this section was, invest in the tools you will need to do a quality job of representing the animals in question.

Compare what is being sold by Exotic Herps 28 and JPPets and basically you will see a few of the same animals. The only difference is the Exotic Herps 28 provides even less info and charges around 4 times what he paid. Profit is good but please at least try to represent the animals correctly. I can only a assume from all that I have seen from Exotic Herps 28 that someone meet the local owner (as both companies are in Sanford, FL) of JPPets and saw a quick buck to be made at the reptiles expense and a few customers inbetween.

My 5 cents.

Old 11-09-2004, 07:13 AM   #13
Seamus Haley
Quote:
I am a reputable business man with one unsatisfied customer.
And how many total customers do you have?

See, I ask because... Well, nobody I know has any clue who the heck you are, yet your website claims that you're the industry leader in captive bred (Bwahahahaha! You're lying and we know it) reptiles... yet you offer nothing but species which are commonly WC and a very small selection at jobber prices... Combine this with the scars which covered the animals which were far smaller than advertised (I've got myself some inside info on this now) and the conclusion is obvious.

Plus the fact that the refund that Ang is getting is apparantly being sent by your mother...

PLUS the fact that I have it on good authority that you were looking for someone to help you visually sex ball pythons via photos you wanted to send them online...

My guess is that you're maybe sixteen years old (if that) and think that people are easily fooled. They aren't. You've gotten off on a VERY BAD foot by misrepresenting animals so blatantly especially when this is coupled with shipping errors that are clearly your fault for improper packaging and several further examples of lies and ignorance.

The fact that Ang is getting a refund is a good thing, she more than deserves one for being jerked around by lying scum like yourself. In this instance though it does not excuse or in any way lessen the burden of responsibility you have for your completely unacceptable actions.
  • Lying about the size of the balls, repeatedly even when your customer stressed the importance of large ones.
  • Shipping the animals first to Alaska instead of the destination your customer gave you.
  • Shipping the animals improperly packaged (crawling loose) without appropriate insulation (none) and heat (lukewarm hand heat packs don't cut it kiddo).
  • Even attempting to get out of any of your financial responsibility as you did in those emails. It's weasal behavior plain and simple, CROOKS do that.
  • Industry leader huh? HOW MANY CUSTOMERS HAVE YOU HAD IN TOTAL AND HOW MANY YEARS HAVE YOU BEEN "IN BUSINESS"?
  • Claiming animals are captive bred when they clearly are not is outright criminal, you have crappy B grade fresh imports to sell... so sell them as crappy B grade fresh imports. People can tell the difference you know.
  • Why were you asking people to help you visually sex ball pythons? I thought you were a bigshot breeder... had all these CB animals avaliable and you don't even know how to sex the species? You're lying about something and my guess is that it's your breeding success rate.

So Ang is getting a refund... Good. Now how do you explain the rest? In this case, since you outright flat out lied to your customer, I'm not so sure a refund (without even an apology or legitimate explaination or excuse) is going to save your reputation without some REAL honest and forthright admissions of guilt and a clear deviation from these negative habits starting immediately.

Old 11-09-2004, 11:49 AM   #14
Bringerofdoom
right on, Seamus. i was thinking the same thing on some of those.

im still wondering on how in the heck the package ended up in alaska to begin with. did the shipping company mess up, or did he somehow got the package mislabeled....

i also agree that he is a kid, most herpers atleast ask conditions when people live up in northern america, at this time of the year. only a kid would assume that everywhere is as nice outside like its in florida.

i like how he says he's a reputable businessman, but yet thinks the uromastyx is a lone species..... HE HAS the internet, but yet clueless to the species he sells........................... to me thats a major red flag. it also makes me wonder how the reptiles are in his care if he cant figure out the specific species...

Old 11-09-2004, 11:54 AM   #15
Exoticherps28
Thank you for the tips, I mean as you probably read this was the first time anything like this has ever happened & I think I did what was best for Ms. Dean. As far as ads on ReptiBid go though if anyone wants to beleive me, I am not in this business to make a quick buck I am in this business for the love of reptiles & the only reason their is no PICS on my ads is because I have a hard time getting them to upload onto the web, but still all my ads clearly state "For questions/PICS E-mail us at Info@Exoticherps28.com" I may have a few things to learn about the business end of it still, but I do know what I am doing when it comes to animals (Reptiles) I have a masters degree in herpetology. I know that a few of you will be determined not to purchase from us, but I can't beleive that one mistake that we made (& Fixed) is bringing up so many problems for us. All I am trying to say is that yes we did make a mistake but as you can see it has been taken care of, can any breeder or dealer honestly say that they have never had a problem with a customer before? That would be ridiculous, but the important thing to do when something like this happens is to make sure that you do whatever is in the best interest for the customer & that is why Ms. Angela Dean is receiving a full 100% refund.
I did not rip anyone off (never have & never will)

Old 11-09-2004, 11:57 AM   #16
Seamus Haley
http://www.seminolesheriff.org/auto_...semiannual.pdf

Sixteen years old, arrested for grand theft auto...

So where did you get that masters degree?

Old 11-09-2004, 12:03 PM   #17
1216dex
Masters in herpetology, HAHA
There isn't more than a handful of schools that have specific herpetology programs, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they're not desperate enough to take sixteen year olds. Good job Seamus, i like the quote
"Never ripped off anyone and never will" followed by a Grand theft auto report...
J. Dusty Loy

Old 11-09-2004, 12:03 PM   #18
Bringerofdoom
OUCH, yea seamus is right. to top it off he has a liking for Grand theft auto... whats to stop him from just doing grand theft on some customer?

Old 11-09-2004, 12:10 PM   #19
Bringerofdoom
16 years old with a degree in herpatology, but YET dumb enough to steal a car at what 13??? LOL yea thats believable.

i would say the only thing he is in the herp biz for is to make a quick buck, specially when he knew he sent smaller BP's than promised.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:11 PM   #20
Seamus Haley
There's also the way he's been claiming he's one of the industry's leading suppliers of CB animals, yet here on fauna there is this thread...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=55770

Which says the following...

Quote:
Exoticherps28
Enoc Alexander Dooley

Feedback Rating: (0)

Warning Level: 0
[ View User Warnings ]

I need Help!!!
I need somebody who can tell the sex of a Ball Python from looking at PICS my E-mail address is Info@Exoticherps28.com If you can help me let me know ASAP. Thank You.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!