Bad Guy Nick Lillis - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:23 PM   #101
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfiremajick View Post
500 being the lowest...he should have arrived here at no less than 500 grams, of course....

At optimum weight Jasper should probably be at least 500-600 grams.
You started out stating Jasper should have been 3-400grms? What are you using to estimate these numbers? (I'm assuming length, if so can you share that info as well?).
Thanks!

Old 06-12-2017, 01:42 PM   #102
greenfiremajick
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLeigh View Post
You started out stating Jasper should have been 3-400grms? What are you using to estimate these numbers? (I'm assuming length, if so can you share that info as well?).
Thanks!

Yes, I think he should have been at least 400 grams upon arrival to not be quite so horrified at their condition...I mean, I understand a bit of weight loss, but....

Vet, as well as some research (Maryland Zoo, etc), shows 5-850 grams is average with 14 oz, or 396 grams being the lowest.

Plus w hip bones and spines showing, thin tails, etc....There was a huge concern for their lack of weight and overall robustness.

I think that Jasper should weigh, if he were fully recovered, at least 500 grams (if not 600). However, he is the smaller of the two.

For Babbaduk, I really think he should weigh a lot more, as he is a large skink.

Some skinks can even weigh over 2 lbs (1000 grams).

In any case, these 2 were very thin and still are, even with the extra feedings and supportive care.

But, we will keep working on their supportive care and getting testing done, etc.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #103
Lucille
Can you please scan and post the actual paperwork you received from the vet.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #104
greenfiremajick
scan

I sure can. As soon as the vet tells me it's ready. We are waiting on test results, etc.

I wormed them with Panacur. So there was no issues with worms, as of today's visits. Yay for that. Vet did tell me, that the panacur does work that quickly.

He was also able to get an actual fecal sample instead of doing a cloacal swab. This was a concern, because they have only been pooping water.

Since they are refusing to eat (Jasper took one bite of mango last night, but then refused to eat,) I've put several food items in front of them, but they just aren't having it. In light of this, the vet gave them some B12 injections with the hopes they will start eating, soon. I'm still using Helichrysum oil on their scales, etc as I know how effective it is, in killing off infections of almost any type. Quite happy to report, no topical infections present.

As soon as I have all paperwork, I will certainly post.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:17 PM   #105
kmrkvicka
Quote:
I sure can. As soon as the vet tells me it's ready. We are waiting on test results, etc.

I wormed them with Panacur. So there was no issues with worms, as of today's visits. Yay for that. Vet did tell me, that the panacur does work that quickly.

He was also able to get an actual fecal sample instead of doing a cloacal swab. This was a concern, because they have only been pooping water.

Since they are refusing to eat (Jasper took one bite of mango last night, but then refused to eat,) I've put several food items in front of them, but they just aren't having it. In light of this, the vet gave them some B12 injections with the hopes they will start eating, soon. I'm still using Helichrysum oil on their scales, etc as I know how effective it is, in killing off infections of almost any type. Quite happy to report, no topical infections present.

As soon as I have all paperwork, I will certainly post.
Even without test results, you should have been provided an invoice stating weights, procedures done, total for services and any payments

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Old 06-12-2017, 02:21 PM   #106
greenfiremajick
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrkvicka View Post
Even without test results, you should have been provided an invoice stating weights, procedures done, total for services and any payments

I will be able to provide the report when it is available, to me.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:31 PM   #107
gracie
So has the seller given an explanation yet as to why these animals were listed and sold as healthy and flawless but showed up skinny, sickly, covered in stuck shed and what look to either be burns or possible fungal infections? All I have seen so far is excuses and repeated attempts to divert attention by saying he's never had other complaints or whatever. But other animals sold are not the focus here, these two CLEARLY sickly monkey tailed skinks are and a mature and responsible seller would own this mistake and admit the animals were and are in terrible shape and should never have been sold in the first place.

So ill ask again, why were these animals listed as flawless and healthy but arrived in the exact opposite condition advertised?

Ann is a good person and a good experienced reptile keeper. Whether or not she over reacted a bit is irrelevant really to the actual problem here, I'm sure there is not a single person commenting here that hasn't blown up over a situation that greatly upset them at some point in their life. And quite frankly if I spent the kind of money these animals cost and expected to get what I was told I was getting but instead received animals like THAT I would be pretty pissed off too.

Ann looks at all her reptiles as the amazing living creatures they all are, not like trinkets and dollar signs like SO MANY reptile keepers. And it obviously REALLY upset and ever disturbed her to see such beautiful and amazing lizards treated so poorly and in such a deplorable state. You can't fault her for being upset when faced with what frankly what sums up as animal abuse.

Lets try to stay focused on the actual issue here, and that's the animals involved.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #108
kmrkvicka
Quote:
I will be able to provide the report when it is available, to me.
They didn't provide a receipt upon checkout?

Old 06-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #109
Lucille
Quote:
other issues, are that he has supposedly been informed of possible crypto in his animals and that another fb member has had to destroy her collection, or most of it due to receiving animals from nick
This is an extremely serious accusation, care to provide details? I hope you can back this accusation up with names and facts, and it is not merely repeated gossip.
Please identify the 'fb member'.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:48 PM   #110
greenfiremajick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
This is an extremely serious accusation, care to provide details? I hope you can back this accusation up with names and facts, and it is not merely repeated gossip.
Please identify the 'fb member'.
That's why i said supposedly and allegedly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!