Allen Belcher / Big Daddy's Wholesale ... WARNING - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-05-2006, 11:43 AM   #31
Cat_72
*carse=cares

Old 02-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #32
snakebstr
Man, this guy sure has it out for Allen. If I was Allen I would be considering talking to a lawyer and seeing what can be done about someone taking pictures without his permission. With all that aside I would also like to state that if Bryon had the time to take the photo's he damn sure should have had time to do his JOB that he was hired for...TO CLEAN REPTILE CAGES.... don't seem to be working to hard to me except on getting revenge on Allen for something . Anyone here should know what a WHOLESALE REPTILE Business is, You mostly deal with Imported reptiles at wholesale prices so that could be the reason for dead frog, That is the main reason I don't do frogs, plain and simple the die. But that is besides the point. I think Bryon just wants to HURT Allens business.
Just my 2 cents
Thanks David

Old 02-05-2006, 01:21 PM   #33
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebstr
With all that aside I would also like to state that if Bryon had the time to take the photo's he damn sure should have had time to do his JOB that he was hired for...TO CLEAN REPTILE CAGES....
All I have to say to that is then the boss should have had him cleaning instead of laying sewer pipe and everything else he was doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebstr
Anyone here should know what a WHOLESALE REPTILE Business is,
Anyone who does a wholesale business should know what quarantine is!!!!!!!

I think you know Allen and are just here to throw doubt on Bryon. I don't think its a coincidence that you from AL!!

Another question, if Bryon was such a bad employee and didn't do his job, why would Allen want him back?

If I owned a wholesale company and my cages needed to be cleaned, I guarantee my employee wouldn't be out laying sewer pipe!!

Are you trying to say Allen doesn't know what the conditions are in his wholesale facility?!?!?!?! Get Real!!!!

Old 02-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #34
Zoo Supply
Come on man.....you have got to be kidding...I own a reptile business.. I wholesale, retail and internet out of the same location..there are quarantine rules and overall morals you stand by when you do business...this guy obviously doesn't go by the same rules and morals as most in this business.
I WOULD EXPECT an employee to do the same as Bryon did here if my place looked at all like this...
There is no excuse for this, even if they come on to defend themselves, THERE IS NO EXCUSE!
TOM

Old 02-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #35
Zoo Supply
Older post about Allen

For your reading enjoyment
Old post about Allen
TOM

Old 02-05-2006, 01:48 PM   #36
chondroqueen
I too am outraged by the disgusting manner in which he keeps his animals.....those are some ball morphs that I would give my right arm to own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to agree with Jim though, please be careful legally wise by what you do and say, it would be very easy for Allen to counter on you and clean up his place and say that you were slandering him and possibly press for a lawsuit. I too have worked for a pet store in which the animals were left in poor conditons (although not as bad as Big Daddy's Wholesale) and after two months of cleaning up animal cages day after day for the same pay of someone else (including the owner) while they sat on their fanny made me quickly decide that although the animals needed help, it wasnt just my problem. I began to worry about bringing a disease home on accident via my dirty clothes or shoes to my own animals, and I hightailed it outta there. (One so called breeder room had not been cleaned in MONTHS when I arrived. I found magggots as well as a hamster eating another that had been left to rot in the cage.) The last I heard a friend of mine went in there and turned around and walked out the smell was so bad. If anything comes out of this thread, hopefully Allen will wise up and learn that he has ALOT to loose by treating his animals that way.

Old 02-05-2006, 01:49 PM   #37
Chameleon Company
As I said earlier, I cannot condone the way that things appear.

The standards, or apparent lack thereof, are not acceptable from an ethical standpoint in any situation. All due respect to Bryon, I don't want to take his account verbatim, ie "that he was directed to lay pipe instead of clean cages". I do not know that it was that simple. Allen could come here and post, but my guess is that he is first going to pursue this at a higher level, if one is available to him.
Maybe just for the sake of argument Tom, I looked at this opinion which you stated:
Quote:
I WOULD EXPECT an employee to do the same as Bryon did here if my place looked at all like this...
Maybe so, but Bryon was there for six weeks, so should his indignation at the situation have moved him to action sooner if things are as we have been told? We also have this from an acquaintance of Bryon's in post #25:
Quote:
Wow, I know you were pretty hyped about this job a couple of weeks ago.
Its not so much that I question Bryon's motives, as I truly do not know. But I don't want to make conclusive assumptions as to it all either.

Old 02-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #38
Zoo Supply
Jim, (and having talked to you a few times before) I think I can say with all sincerity that you are like me, you realize that, as an owner of a business, you are the end of the road when it comes to responsibility. We are it....all the burdens are placed on our shoulders...you are only as good as your worst employee.
That is why I blame Allen totally and without question. If you have an imacculate place, but your customer service sucks because you only hire cleaners, then it is your fault.
If you have a dispiseably dirty environment but make money, it is your fault because you hired sales people. The balance is where you need to be. Even if Allen is a great guy, a good businessman, he is lacking somewhere. We all are, but, There is a cutoff on where it is morally and ethically ok. The pictures justify, in my mind, the conclusion that all is not well with Big Daddy's wholesale.
Hopefully this thread will bring a good conclusion to this whole matter.
TOM

Old 02-05-2006, 02:11 PM   #39
Chameleon Company
Tom, I think we agree completely with regard to the accountability of the owner, either for things as they are, and/or for the actions of employees. The current appearance of this situation is not good for Allen. Even if it is 50% as bad as alleged, its bad. I do not know if Bryon had an ax to grind by the time he decided to take pictures and make this an eventual BOI thread. It is quite possible that he is as honorable in this as the sky is blue, and only saw all of this as a last resort, having exhausted all other means. And It is possible that both are true, that he exhausted all means and had an ax to grind either because of what we know, or because of some other incident. While the deed has been done here, I would also hope that others faced with his situation would be sure that they have looked into all ramifications in advance of posting the full expose, and exercise restraint where prudent. I am not concluding that Bryon has not considered all of this and gotten good counsel already. I don't know.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:11 PM   #40
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamco
Its not so much that I question Bryon's motives, as I truly do not know. But I don't want to make conclusive assumptions as to it all either.
But they way you quote everything so far, you are assuming he has an hidden agenda. You have stated it could be staged etc. It sounds like you are trying to provide Allen with an excuse. Maybe I just don't understand what your getting at. So far I have not seen or heard one thing to validate the assumptions your are making. Selling normals as possible hets and laying sewer pipe are validated in Bryon's response and Allen's email. That right there lends credibility to his account!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!