Allen Belcher / Big Daddy's Wholesale ... WARNING - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #81
Chameleon Company
Dan, Bryon used the term "its not personal"

And with the many things that can be implied between what you refer to as a "personal issue" and what Bryon likely meant by "its not personal", I do not think they are one and the same in this thread. My take is that Bryon, in response to others, was indicating that he had no "personal" vendetta other than as I mentioned: the welfare of buyers of Allen's animals and the animals themselves. That it was a very "personal" issue to him does not contradict that belief and explanation by him, IMO.

As to whatever Allen's "show strategies" may be, I think that this part of your statement reinforces my point about competition:
Quote:
...... He is streamlining buyers towards his own business by dropping his prices. He is not making money on the animals? It doesn’t matter to him, as he already made it with the tables. Of course Allen will also learn this in time, as vendors who suffer this strategy will more than likely will not be repeat customers of his the following year. As a vendor, would this kind of competition upset me…?
I did highlight a part of it, which I find a bit disconnected, basically that "making money will not matter". Is it a safe extrapolation of that logic to assume that if Allen makes enough money on table rentals that we have to worry that he will just give his animals away for free? The latter part of your post indicates that competitive pressures rule in the end. My belief is that they rule far sooner that that.
My original concern still stands, that I find Bryon's inclusion of this revealing comment about Allen's show strategies puzzling in the greater context of all that he has said. I have to conjecture here, as I do not know, but my opinion would be that Bryon was so exasperated with Allen by the time he decided to do all of this, that his complete frustration also allowed some contempt to develop. Its completely understandable it that is the case, but again, I do not want to pretend to know Bryon's thoughts. That is why I asked!
I went to bed at a resonable hour last night after the game. Some of you overnight folks needed an enema!

Old 02-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #82
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebstr
Micheal Shelton, You are just assuming that everything that is said on the BOI is TRUE. Sometimes things are NOT what they seem.
If you do a search on both David Evans and snakebstr here it becomes quite obvious why Mr. Evans clings to the statement quoted above. With the exception of one gentleman wiith a post count of 4 (all in defense of Evans) no on has anything good to say about their experiences with him.

I wouldn't lend much (if any) weight to anything Mr. Evans has to say Bryon. His past actions and antics here speak for themselves.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #83
screamdreams
I'm sure most of you already know about this thread but just in case...
looks like he's changed "company names"...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=65274

Old 02-06-2006, 02:01 PM   #84
Bubafat
Wow and to think I almost bought this animal at the Dixie Herp Show...except he was asking $250 for it (WAY too much for it's size).

Old 02-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #85
LizardKing
Big Daddy is viewing this right now. It would be interesting to hear some sort of comment about any of this.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:46 PM   #86
big daddy's wholesal
Post Response to thread

See the attached files for my response!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Fauna.doc (29.0 KB, 507 views)

Old 02-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #87
Griz
For those of you without Microsoft Word (I am sure is most), here is the reply from Big Daddy:

"Fauna
After watching this site all weekend I decided to allow my attorney to view the pics and the script before I responded. I have some legal advise that my attorney has given to me and a certified letter will be going out to Bryon. First my buildings are on private property and since the pics were taken on my property while working for me and without permission, these all put Bryon in a rather serious situation. Next you are allowed legally to attack a person but not a business. This also puts Bryon at risk. Finally sending e-mails to individuals and businesses to encourage them to look at this site and thread has also made this a tough road for Bryon to walk.
Now to address the issues: In most of the photos the water has been recently spilled. What one person has called mold is in fact Spagnum moss not molded bedding. The lamp inside the boas caging is there because that female had a mild case of upper respitory and the vet told me to raise her temps for 7 to 10 days. Then the poop in the containers, well it is all fresh as you can see by the pics it is all wet. Let’s face it all animals poop! Poop on newspaper usually dries in 4 to 6 hours and on moss usually a day at the most. Next there is a pic of some high end ball pythons all together in on container. O.k. two piles of poop five snakes fresh water forty-one quart container oh I almost forgot these snakes just came in and there in quarantine. I am sure a lot of people have different practices as to how they quarantine there animals, but this is how I do mine. Now it is not alright to put twenty snakes together like this but I believe five to be a good number. Then the pic of a rodent in with a snake, you can tell this rodent has just been put in with this snake. How? Because it is either still alive for one or is not dirty from being in a cage for days as suggested. Because surely Bryon did not give it a bath before taking this pic.
And then comes the pic of a regurgitated mouse, about three to four times a week this happens to some snake in some gage. And I agree it is nasty to see and even worse to clean-up.
Now about the allegations made toward me from Bryon concerning selling normal ball pythons for pos. het animals. I had some pos. het bp’s and some normals in different containers in the same building. I came in one day and noticed that some of the animals had been moved. I immediately asked Bryon what had happened. He explained that he had fed them and any that ate out of all the containers, he moved into another container and marked them feeding. I then told him RIGHT THEN of his mistake and what they were. I went through and pulled four out of the tank that was marked feeding that I knew were in the pos. het container and put them back in the pos. het container where they belonged. How did I know which ones? The ones that were pos. hets were bigger because they were about three months older than the normals. Now I probably should have left them all in the feeding container and raised the price a little on that entire bunch and went through this whole story with every one that looked at them at each show of how these cost more because they are somewhat pos. het animals, but I chose to do what I did. I feel much better knowing that I went through and picked out the ones I knew belonged and save Bryon the embarrassment of people finding out of the mistake he had made. Bottom line lack of communication between Bryon and myself was the key that could have kept this from happening. I do know that everyone who purchased one of those animals got what they paid for though.
As for Bryon: The e-mail that I sent him that he has posted was before I knew of this thread. When I met Bryon he was beat down by a previous employer who owed him a lot of money and all he kept getting was reasons why he was not getting paid. As Bryon has stated himself I told him from the word go that we did more than just reptiles. I currently own four businesses and I am successful at them all. Bryon’s first two weeks I loaned him extra money so he could get caught up on child support, car payment and send his kids something for Christmas. I had a few problems with Bryon such as taking personal phone calls during working hours for long periods of time, getting side tracked on his personal agenda rather than keeping up with the business, trying to put a deal together for himself using company time and contacts etc. But the only big problem I had with him was about ten days ago when he brought a sick het for snow boa to the vet and then brought her in and put her in my facility with my animals. This was completely out of line and was addressed and asked that he remove her right then. He did so and was very unhappy but did not argue at all because he knew he had done wrong. The snake died the next day from a severe case of mouth rot. This can be verified through Benning road animal hospital in Columbus GA. Last week Bryon got angry because a guy that he wanted to purchase some dwarf anery boas from offered to sell them to me for a hundred dollars more than Bryon had offered him for them. Keep in mind that this is the companies contact whom I have an on going relationship with now. This also made Bryon angry as he stated in one of his e-mails to me Sunday Afternoon. I run 287 racks of animals there is not a day that you can not come and find poop and spilled water in some of them. Bryon never spoke with me concerning any of these allegations instead he took me to the jerry springer show for the reptile world. This is the only time I will post on this site for a reply to any of these allegations made against me!
One last statement to Bryon: you stated to me via e-mail that we would never see each other again only through e-mail would we converse. You were wrong! We will see each other again when we appear in a court of law and you are rendered your verdict to the childish and untrue allegations you made vindictively toward me personally and my business and my partnerships in other businesses. Allen Belcher 706-615-4772"

Griz

Old 02-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #88
BryonsBoas
Allen

First off , don't send other people to threaten me , cowboy up and threaten me yourself. I'm not accepting calls from you but my e-mail is wide open. That is an open form of communication. Don't hide behind others to do your dirty work.

As far as the pics go , you've given me permission to take pictures of anything we had already for my use. You didn't state how long that permission lasted , to what extent I could or could not use the pics or what I could not take pics of. You left it open , got only yourself to blame.

As far as the posting about Allen's show promotions , I'm down for friendly compition but to willingly sell tables to the vendors who expect reasonable compition and have the show promoter drop his prices drastically to avoid compition is just wrong.

I contacted 2 people to make them aware of this thread . Over the top? Maybe , If it is then I wholeheartedly apologize for taking it to another extreme. As for asking Rich to drop this thread? NOPE , not happening.

Any postings were about you , I only recommended that people stay from your companies but that can be settled elsewhere.Kinda hard to not mention someone's company when your of an opinion that others should stay away.

I did what I felt was right or needed to be done . Could I have done it differently? Yes , I could have done it any number of ways but I did it this way.I'm a big boy , I knew there would be consequences to my actions . As a side note , I don't take well to threats.

I just got off the phone with yet ANOTHER person Allen asked to pass along his threat so I had to do a long spell check. lol

Old 02-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #89
Chameleon Company
I took Allen's phone number and called him.

It was an interesting conversation ..... very interesting. He gave me permission to cut-and-paste the full text of his memo directly into the thread, to allow for easier reading and reference by all:
Quote:
Fauna
After watching this site all weekend I decided to allow my attorney to view the pics and the script before I responded. I have some legal advise that my attorney has given to me and a certified letter will be going out to Bryon. First my buildings are on private property and since the pics were taken on my property while working for me and without permission, these all put Bryon in a rather serious situation. Next you are allowed legally to attack a person but not a business. This also puts Bryon at risk. Finally sending e-mails to individuals and businesses to encourage them to look at this site and thread has also made this a tough road for Bryon to walk.
Now to address the issues: In most of the photos the water has been recently spilled. What one person has called mold is in fact Spagnum moss not molded bedding. The lamp inside the boas caging is there because that female had a mild case of upper respitory and the vet told me to raise her temps for 7 to 10 days. Then the poop in the containers, well it is all fresh as you can see by the pics it is all wet. Let’s face it all animals poop! Poop on newspaper usually dries in 4 to 6 hours and on moss usually a day at the most. Next there is a pic of some high end ball pythons all together in on container. O.k. two piles of poop five snakes fresh water forty-one quart container oh I almost forgot these snakes just came in and there in quarantine. I am sure a lot of people have different practices as to how they quarantine there animals, but this is how I do mine. Now it is not alright to put twenty snakes together like this but I believe five to be a good number. Then the pic of a rodent in with a snake, you can tell this rodent has just been put in with this snake. How? Because it is either still alive for one or is not dirty from being in a cage for days as suggested. Because surely Bryon did not give it a bath before taking this pic.
And then comes the pic of a regurgitated mouse, about three to four times a week this happens to some snake in some gage. And I agree it is nasty to see and even worse to clean-up.
Now about the allegations made toward me from Bryon concerning selling normal ball pythons for pos. het animals. I had some pos. het bp’s and some normals in different containers in the same building. I came in one day and noticed that some of the animals had been moved. I immediately asked Bryon what had happened. He explained that he had fed them and any that ate out of all the containers, he moved into another container and marked them feeding. I then told him RIGHT THEN of his mistake and what they were. I went through and pulled four out of the tank that was marked feeding that I knew were in the pos. het container and put them back in the pos. het container where they belonged. How did I know which ones? The ones that were pos. hets were bigger because they were about three months older than the normals. Now I probably should have left them all in the feeding container and raised the price a little on that entire bunch and went through this whole story with every one that looked at them at each show of how these cost more because they are somewhat pos. het animals, but I chose to do what I did. I feel much better knowing that I went through and picked out the ones I knew belonged and save Bryon the embarrassment of people finding out of the mistake he had made. Bottom line lack of communication between Bryon and myself was the key that could have kept this from happening. I do know that everyone who purchased one of those animals got what they paid for though.
As for Bryon: The e-mail that I sent him that he has posted was before I knew of this thread. When I met Bryon he was beat down by a previous employer who owed him a lot of money and all he kept getting was reasons why he was not getting paid. As Bryon has stated himself I told him from the word go that we did more than just reptiles. I currently own four businesses and I am successful at them all. Bryon’s first two weeks I loaned him extra money so he could get caught up on child support, car payment and send his kids something for Christmas. I had a few problems with Bryon such as taking personal phone calls during working hours for long periods of time, getting side tracked on his personal agenda rather than keeping up with the business, trying to put a deal together for himself using company time and contacts etc. But the only big problem I had with him was about ten days ago when he brought a sick het for snow boa to the vet and then brought her in and put her in my facility with my animals. This was completely out of line and was addressed and asked that he remove her right then. He did so and was very unhappy but did not argue at all because he knew he had done wrong. The snake died the next day from a severe case of mouth rot. This can be verified through Benning road animal hospital in Columbus GA. Last week Bryon got angry because a guy that he wanted to purchase some dwarf anery boas from offered to sell them to me for a hundred dollars more than Bryon had offered him for them. Keep in mind that this is the companies contact whom I have an on going relationship with now. This also made Bryon angry as he stated in one of his e-mails to me Sunday Afternoon. I run 287 racks of animals there is not a day that you can not come and find poop and spilled water in some of them. Bryon never spoke with me concerning any of these allegations instead he took me to the jerry springer show for the reptile world. This is the only time I will post on this site for a reply to any of these allegations made against me!
One last statement to Bryon: you stated to me via e-mail that we would never see each other again only through e-mail would we converse. You were wrong! We will see each other again when we appear in a court of law and you are rendered your verdict to the childish and untrue allegations you made vindictively toward me personally and my business and my partnerships in other businesses. Allen Belcher 706-615-4772
I believe that I will have a few comments later, but have work that I must get to.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:48 PM   #90
Chameleon Company
Sorry Griz. Remind me never to get in a gunfight with you .... I'm a bit slow on the trigger it seems.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!