High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 63 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:23 AM   #621
HerpVenue
Yes you can all post about how honest Dan M is.

Dan M you can post how wrong we are not to believe your honesty.

but I have a couple points to make about your "honesty"

I would not call a 20 foot x 20 foot structure a building.

I would not call a trailer a building.

You made it sound like they had at least 2 big huge buildings with "hundreds and hundreds of snakes"

don't even dare me to go get your quotes.... I will do it in a heart beat

now lets see the real deal
Quote:
As for the trailer, I never went in it so no idea. I was under the immpression that he bred rats in there, and I have seen enough rats going at it, and had no desire to see more, so I cant be sure what was in something I didnt go in.
so basically you never made it into the trailer. You just came here and posted it as fact that he raised rats in there. yeah you are right. He was raising RUGRATS in there. You ASSumed. Want to know what happens when you ASSume?

As to your hundreds and hundreds of snakes.

I lived in maryland and had a basement that was at least 30 feet x 30 feet.

there was no way I could fit hundreds and hundreds of snakes in there..... unless most of them were babies.

and with the types of snakes that Damon prefers..... Retics, Burms, rocks. there was no way you can fit hundreds and hundreds of snakes in there.
UNLESS MOST OF THEM WERE BABIES

And in one of my posts..... I said he mostly had babies. Then you came and posted that you saw the animals and that I was totally wrong.

Well you are a LIAR !!!
You said buildings.... yes I know the definition..... but you also knew people would think BIG buildings.
You said buildings...... what you failed to mention ... was one of them was really a trailer. You purposely neglected to say that part. You deliberately attempted to decieve.

How else are you a liar?
You said lots and lots of breeders with lots and lots of room.
Either he had lots of breeders all cramped.
or he had a few breeders with lots of room
Not both in a 30x30

I can agree with you if all he kept were small pythons and BCI.
But not if he kept rocks, retics and burms. not in the hundreds and hundreds.

You purposely held back information.
Why?
to protect your snakes. You did not want to get damon mad while still taking care of your snakes.

so you can all post about how honest you are.
some of us see your attempts to decieve.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:25 AM   #622
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lawson
That may point a finger....So can't say. sorry
Well let me see.

If everyone in town knew him as David.......then there would not really be a problem.

unless of course someone knows him as.....................

Old 01-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #623
fuscusking13
Ritchie Ritchie Ritchie....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie Luna
Yes you can all post about how honest Dan M is.

Dan M you can post how wrong we are not to believe your honesty.

but I have a couple points to make about your "honesty"

I would not call a 20 foot x 20 foot structure a building.

I would not call a trailer a building.

You made it sound like they had at least 2 big huge buildings with "hundreds and hundreds of snakes"

don't even dare me to go get your quotes.... I will do it in a heart beat

now lets see the real deal

so basically you never made it into the trailer. You just came here and posted it as fact that he raised rats in there. yeah you are right. He was raising RUGRATS in there. You ASSumed. Want to know what happens when you ASSume?

As to your hundreds and hundreds of snakes.

I lived in maryland and had a basement that was at least 30 feet x 30 feet.

there was no way I could fit hundreds and hundreds of snakes in there..... unless most of them were babies.

and with the types of snakes that Damon prefers..... Retics, Burms, rocks. there was no way you can fit hundreds and hundreds of snakes in there.
UNLESS MOST OF THEM WERE BABIES

And in one of my posts..... I said he mostly had babies. Then you came and posted that you saw the animals and that I was totally wrong.

Well you are a LIAR !!!
You said buildings.... yes I know the definition..... but you also knew people would think BIG buildings.
You said buildings...... what you failed to mention ... was one of them was really a trailer. You purposely neglected to say that part. You deliberately attempted to decieve.

How else are you a liar?
You said lots and lots of breeders with lots and lots of room.
Either he had lots of breeders all cramped.
or he had a few breeders with lots of room
Not both in a 30x30

I can agree with you if all he kept were small pythons and BCI.
But not if he kept rocks, retics and burms. not in the hundreds and hundreds.

You purposely held back information.
Why?
to protect your snakes. You did not want to get damon mad while still taking care of your snakes.

so you can all post about how honest you are.
some of us see your attempts to decieve.
Because you would not call a 20 x 20 building a building does not mean it wasnt one, and I never ever said I went in the trailer, he told me what it was used for and at the time I had no reason to disbelieve him, so why would I? Also who wants to see a bunch of rats that stink ect, when you are concerned about where your snakes are going to be living??? Are you telling me that if you had talked to someone for months that you believed 100 percent that you wouldnt believe what they told you a building you didnt even want to see was for? Get realistic, and if you wouldnt then you need to evaluate some trust issues my friend. A trailer up here at least is still a building, and I didnt think it was an issue since it definately isnt moving anywhere. I am sorry i didnt give you exact measurments, colors, Dave's shoe size, a dna sample ect. I was not the one on trial here, although you would like to make it that way. Those that have spoken to me know me, and I have been nothing but upfront. David is not taking care of my snakes, he bought them, so they are his now, so how would me lying help me in anyway?? It wouldnt and serves no purpose. Per my conversation with Mr. Lawson I now understand what some of you think, that I am getting anything from him to defend him, and that could not be further from the truth, as a matter of fact my being here alone may cause me to lose out on the second half of our deal for all I know, but I am taking that chance in the interest of everyone else but myself. I also never purposely held back any info, I came on to post my experiance with HEH, and then was asked questions and I answered them. Then the pissing contest began due to the fact that it is a crime to have a different opinion than the mob on the BOI. Yes David has Retics, Rocks, and burms, but he also has Carpets, macklots, BCI, bloods, borneos ect, and all of those snakes dont take up much room at all even as adults, so you can have hundreds in that space. Also Davids line of Rocks is fairly small as adults (I didnt see one over 11 feet) with most in the nine to ten foot range(probably off the strain of Southern rocks that are smaller, kind of like dwarfs almost, Python natalensis, as apposed to the larger python sebae), so a 5 foot cage can suffice there, especially for the males. I never said he had hundreds of rocks, or hundreds of burms, I said hundreds of snakes. You did not bother to ask what species, and I didnt think it would be an issue. The breeders are not cramped at all most cages there are 8 x 3 (estimate on the depth). They are built like shelves, and if you know how to build with that much space there is no reason you cant keep a large collection. With a 16" cage height and eight foot ceilings that is a 6 high stack 2 wide on two opposing walls(so that is 24 large cages so far). Then down a thrid wall (which we wil assume 6 feet is already taken up by the width of the opposing walled cages) you could fit another 6 stack of eight footers and then a 6 stack of 6 footers. Now you are up to a total of 36 large cages. Then you still have the fourth wall, which he wisely put a row of cages intersecting the room, and these were more of your 4 x 2's. Then also on that wall another another stack of cages, and those only 4 high so that there are a bunch of "sweater box" type cages stacked on that. Then there are also two rack systems with smaller stuff(but custom made so they can fit a lot of smaller stuff). Point being you can do a lot with a smaller space, and still have everything comfortable. As far as what I would deem large snakes (12 foot plus) there had to be at least 25/30, plus a few in the 10 foot range ect. Because you assumed, does not make me a liar. To me once you get over 25 snakes you have a large collection(unless they are ball pythons or anthills, childrens ect, as they dont take up much space or time). There were without a doubt well over 100 snakes there and not a single one was in a cage they couldnt freely move about in. Anyway, I dont even know why I am bothering to post this, as no matter what I say you will be over critical, over analyze it and turn it into something it is not. I understand you have trouble letting things go and thats fine, but please dont waste time calling me a liar because in your opinion a building must be huge, or a mobile home is not a building, because your opinion is not fact, hell a 8 x 10 shed is still a building, and no one asked me for measurments, or even asked how big it was period, and I didnt think it was an issue. Listen I dont expect you to like me or be my friend, and if you dont want to believe me thats fine, everyone has that right, and the right to exercize it, but what I have said has been nothing other than the truth, and anytime it was an opinion I have made that clear. Anyway I have some stuff to get to, so you have a great day, stay positive, and take care, Dan M.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:34 AM   #624
Dave Lawson
I need to know the page that the photo of Damon is on to pass it on to Oakdale, So can someone help me out on that?

Damon, I here that the car parked by your gate was towed away yesterday.

Some people may question if I am talking to someone in Oakdale well Damon knows I am, He knows that I am telling the truth and I would not or could not know this information unless I was talking to a person in his home town.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:11 AM   #625
Griz
Dan, surely even you can understand how your statement below misled this board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscusking
I wanted to see where they would be going. I met David at one of his quarentine facilities and was very impressed. He builds his own custom cages and everything was well cared for. No distgusting cages, and everything was well cared for and very tame. There was only one snake I saw that even had a bad attitude. This is one of several of his facilities and there were many snakes there, in the 100's. He also had another facility on the property for the breeding of food animals, which was kept up very well as well as the snakes.
A 20x20 shed is not a building by reasonable definitions and you go on to call it a facility. A facility implies something much larger than a 20x20. You even call the rusted out trailer of his as a facility and that you state was kept up very well buy by your own comments you never went in it. And, if it is a rusted out trailer how in the world can it be "kept up very well"?

Dan, just leave things alone. You're not helping anyone let alone yourself.

Griz

Old 01-24-2007, 11:53 AM   #626
fuscusking13
Bob...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Dan, surely even you can understand how your statement below misled this board:

A 20x20 shed is not a building by reasonable definitions and you go on to call it a facility. A facility implies something much larger than a 20x20. You even call the rusted out trailer of his as a facility and that you state was kept up very well buy by your own comments you never went in it. And, if it is a rusted out trailer how in the world can it be "kept up very well"?

Dan, just leave things alone. You're not helping anyone let alone yourself.

Griz
Here is Websters definition of a building copied from their website, so you saying his facility is not a reasonable building just went right out the window. You'll notice there is no size referenced once so ever.

Main Entry: build·ing
Pronunciation: 'bil-di[ng]
Function: noun
1 : a usually roofed and walled structure built for permanent use

And just in case here is the definition of facility straight from websters, once again does not say anything about size at all. So again I implore you to know what you are talking about before you say something is true, untrue, misleading ect. I used both of these words in line with their definitions, because you have a different perspective/interpretation, or made up your own definition is not my fault.

Main Entry: fa·cil·i·ty
Pronunciation: f&-'si-l&-tE
Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
1 : the quality of being easily performed
2 : ease in performance : APTITUDE
3 : readiness of compliance
4 a (1) : something that makes an action, operation, or course of conduct easier -- usually used in plural <facilities for study> (2) : LAVATORY 2 -- often used in plural b : something (as a hospital) that is built, installed, or established to serve a particular purpose

As far as the food facility he also has an outdoor area with rabbits, pigs, chickens ect that was very well upkept and that is what I was refering to in that statement, and I also did not see any rust whatsoever, not to say there may not be some there, I am not a building or home inspector. For its purpose that I was told it served it was perfect, and all I can do is tell you what I saw and what I was told. Anyway, dont want to start another useless arguement but for you to call Websters dictonary's definition "unreasonable" is a little out of left field my friend. Now, as this has gone way deeper than ever expected, yes I can understand how there was some confusion, but confusion and lying are two very different things, so I just wanted to be sure we are all clear on that, not that you called me a liar, but others have. Also I dont know what your problem with me on a personal level is and why you have to make your little comment(IE: even you can understand, ect) on everyone of your post directed at me, but if I am missing the issue feel free to bring it forward, so it can be settled like adults, not thru snooty comments like we are in elementary school. Have a great afternoon, Dan M.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:16 PM   #627
Scott Ashton
This is what I picture when someone refers to a facility:
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2007, 12:17 PM   #628
Scott Ashton
This is what I picture when somone says shed (its a 12 x 20):
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2007, 12:30 PM   #629
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Ashton
This is what I picture when somone says shed (its a 12 x 20):

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscusking13

Main Entry: build·ing
Pronunciation: 'bil-di[ng]
1 : a usually roofed and walled structure built for permanent use
Right, for permanent use. For me, to be permanent it has to have a foundation or a poured concrete floor. It it is a shed like Scott pictured, it is a temporary structure. In most cases trailers are considered temporary structures. shrug01:

Old 01-24-2007, 12:43 PM   #630
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
Right, for permanent use. For me, to be permanent it has to have a foundation or a poured concrete floor. It it is a shed like Scott pictured, it is a temporary structure. In most cases trailers are considered temporary structures. shrug01:

I think most tax assessors don't include sheds that are up on cinder blocks. If it was on a proper foundation, then it would be considered a perm. building and taxed. My dad bought a large shed (10x25 I think) several years ago and he originally wanted it set on a poured concrete floor, but it was recommended to him to have it put up on cinderblocks instead so that it would be considered a temp. structure (not taxed) and not a perm. building (taxed).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart