Inquiry River Valley Herps/Feeders aka Dave Watkins? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:39 PM   #1
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
River Valley Herps/Feeders aka Dave Watkins?

This is an inquiry~ not a posting as to good guy or bad guy status.
I am hoping to complete a transaction with or failing that return money to:
Dave Watkins (I *think* that was the last name) DBA River Valley Herps and/or feeders at rivervalleyherps@gmail.com
We entered into an agreement n January 2015 to purchase:

BP-14-10 possible het clown female
BP-14-25 Piebald female
BP-14-23 Piebald male
BP-13-10 Het piebald female
Total of $650
Plus $80 shipping
Shipped total of $730

Sent payments via paypal of:
Jan 22 $100
Jan 31 $75
March 11 $200

Leaving a balance of $355

I have not heard from Dave in over 2 months~ I have sent him emails twice in the last week asking if he is ready to complete the transaction and ship the snakes and I have not heard back from him.

I'm kind of not sure what to do now. I'm inclined to send him a refund (less the fees paypal charged so the refund would be $363.22) but he was getting a very good price on three of those snakes and I'm a bit concerned he will be angry if I send back his money and re-list the snakes. But really~ it's been a very long time now.

Whats the right answer?
Wait a little longer?
or
Refund the $363.22 to the address that sent the payments and re-list the snakes?

Old 05-21-2015, 11:21 PM   #2
bcr229
River Valley Herps has a Facebook page with a telephone number. https://www.facebook.com/RiverValleyHerps/timeline

David and his wife also have Facebook pages, they're not hard to find. Maybe something happened to his email so you can try reaching either of them through FB.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:21 PM   #3
caffeinecynic
I don't know this gentleman but a quick Google pulls up a Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/RiverValleyHerps/

His phone number is listed here as 304-551-3837. You maybe could try reaching him at that number. It hasn't been updated since November, though.

I hope you find him. Good luck!

Old 05-22-2015, 12:24 PM   #4
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Thanks
I left messages at the phone number and on the facebook

Old 06-23-2015, 01:01 PM   #5
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
on the date of this inquiry 5/21/15 a third party sent me $75, when I inquired why I was informed it was a refund meant for mr watkins that he asked be sent to me. I found this confusing and annoying, I called left messages and sent emails to mr watkins informing him I was unhappy with the lack of communication and that I felt this transaction needed to be completed or I would refund his payments minus the paypal fees. It has been another month without a single responce from mr Watkins so I am returning his money today~ I have sent $438.22 to the email address which sent all but the last payment from the third party.

I am hoping this will be the end of it but I figured since I had started this inquiry I should follow up with the resolution.
Thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!