Bad Guy I almost got scammed by swampbilly for $2000.00 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
Upcreek83
Angry I almost got scammed by swampbilly for $2000.00

Im going to post this and i dont want you(swampbilly1986) to call me or

email me. Ok this is what was said. I came to an agreement to do a trade of

around $2000.00 worth of jewelry to dustin(swampbilly1986) for his

collection which at his price was about equal. When i first talked to him he

sounded like he wasnt a very bright guy from the start and when i asked him

what all he had left he had to put me on hold so he could find a piece of

paper that he had the few snakes listed. I could understand if he had 20 or

30 snakes for sale but he only had a few and he couldnt even remember what

he had. He mentioned he had a bushmaster and i asked him the scientific

name. He didnt even know it either he had to look it up. Yeah not a very

bright guy. So i asked him is there anyway he could take some pics and send

them to me. I said when you take a pic. then place a tv remote in front of

the cage, so that way it would be something random and he couldnt steal

any pics. of the internet. Well he told me that he doesnt have a camera and

he said that the snakes are at his buddies house. Well i said does he have a

camera where he can take some pics. He replied no, he doesnt have a

camera, he doesnt even have a computer. He said do you know david

Weathers and i said yea, who doesnt. He said well thats my buddy whos

keeping my snakes for me. Well after he said that then that pretty much

raised a red flag for me. After i got off the phone with him i got online and

found david weathers myspace page, well that pretty much means davids

got a computer and reading davids bio. he clearly states that whenever hes

not hunting or fishing or camping then he is big time into photography, which

means HES GOT A CAMERA. What Swampbilly doesnt know is that im good

friends with a guy that sent him a check for $1000 dollars for the reptiles and

swampbilly had the check 1-2 days before we talked and he agreed to let me

have the reptiles in a trade for $2000.00 worth of jewelry. Also i sent david

weathers an email on myspace and gave him swampbillys address, number,

and real name and told him what he was doing. I cant believe i almost sent

this guy 2000.00. I had it ready to ship along with the 120.00 for shipping.

He almost got me. I hope this will help prevent anyone from buying from this

guy in the long run.

ADVICE TO SWAMPBILLY1986!!!!!!!! DO NOT CALL ME. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS BECAUSE YOUR JUST MAKING YOURSELF LOOK MORE AND MORE STUPID. GET A REAL JOB LIKE THE REST OF US. QUIT TRYING TO RIP OFF INNOCENT PEOPLE LIKE US. GET OFF THIS WEBSITE AND IF I FIND YOU ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE THEN I WILL REPORT YOU AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE SO SELL OR POST. I WARN YOU DO NOT CALL ME OR REPLY TO THIS!!!!!!!!! MESSAGE.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upcreek83
I WARN YOU DO NOT CALL ME OR REPLY TO THIS!!!!!!!!! MESSAGE.
Jonathan,

While I understand you're upset with "swampbilly", and I think you have every right to be...he has every right to post a response here. And well, it's usually kind of fun to see what they try to make up to tell their side of the story.

Do you have a full name for the guy? You say you gave the guy's info to a David Weathers, it would be helpful if you could post it here as well.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
interesting.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I'm confused. I believe SwampBilly is a scammer~ but what I dont get is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upcreek83 View Post
What Swampbilly doesnt know is that im good

friends with a guy that sent him a check for $1000 dollars for the reptiles and

swampbilly had the check 1-2 days before we talked and he agreed to let me

have the reptiles in a trade for $2000.00 worth of jewelry.
If you knew he was a scammer~ and your friend had already sent $1000 check........
WHY would you pack up $2000 worth of jewelry.......and how BIG are the jewelry pieces that they would cost $120 to ship?

Quote:
I cant believe i almost sent

this guy 2000.00. I had it ready to ship along with the 120.00 for shipping.

He almost got me.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
Uroboros
Something smells really funny about this whole issue.

You're going to make a deal with someone with nothing to back yourself up but a phone conversation that you say you had. No email correspondence, no snail mail letter with a polaroid, no documentation at all.

Maybe swampbilly doesn't have a computer, but if I couldn't get documentation of what our deal is, I'm not buying anything. Let alone a picture. He is not able to provide pictures, yet "someone" sent him $1000 for a phone conversation and you were ready to send him $2000 in trade before you saw a picture?

I have a dollar that he can't do this (because of a lack of snakes), but if swampbilly could come up with photos of these snakes he's got for sale, it would be the first documented proof that at least one of you isn't just making things up as they go along.

So we went from "I know a guy that got ripped off" to a guy that "almost got ripped off", where's the guy that did get ripped off?

Old 02-12-2009, 01:22 PM   #6
kmurphy
I agree Cheryl. Upcreek, if you're GeneticArt's friend that he mentioned in the other thread on Swampbilly, the you should have posted this there. You also should post more information on who you're talking about.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #7
David Scarboro
Something doesn't smell right here...

Old 02-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #8
hhmoore
Quote:
ADVICE TO SWAMPBILLY1986!!!!!!!! DO NOT CALL ME. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS BECAUSE YOUR JUST MAKING YOURSELF LOOK MORE AND MORE STUPID. GET A REAL JOB LIKE THE REST OF US. QUIT TRYING TO RIP OFF INNOCENT PEOPLE LIKE US. GET OFF THIS WEBSITE AND IF I FIND YOU ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE THEN I WILL REPORT YOU AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE SO SELL OR POST. I WARN YOU DO NOT CALL ME OR REPLY TO THIS!!!!!!!!! MESSAGE.
First of all, you posted a thread about him - he most certainly CAN post a response. In fact, his response is just as welcome as your commentary.
Secondly, who are you to tell anybody to get off this site...especially in your first post?

You're warning him not to reply to this? Sounds a little too much like a threat, to me - watch yourself, new guy.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #9
genetic art
in reference to

First of all i would like to address the fact that the reason i posted the ad in the first place was to prevent anyone from possible getting ripped off. yes johnathan is a friend of mine he and chris both (the guy from n.c.)And both of them found out from me (the post that swampbilly had placed).the reason i was trying to pass the info on swampbillys snakes was
i was hoping to aquire the russells from one or the other.Chris told me he was gonna get them. 3 days later he tells me that the guy has the check and was waiting until the weekend to ship (because chris is a busy guy). The following day i talk to johnathan and he tells me that hes preparing to ship this guy a bunch of jewelry and 120$ for shipping of the snakes. thats when i call chris and make sure he (swampbilly) has the money. chris tells me he has to have gotten the money because he repeated his new address which he never verbally gave him but was on the envelope with the check. As far as johnathan saying what he said about not posting i agree with you guys he has every right to prove his innocense. but personally i dont think he is innocent (or i would have never placed this ad in the first place)
and yes i agree it is stupid to trade or buy without proof.admittingly ive done it a bunch,and so far have been lucky to have dealt with some good people.
The whole intentions of this thread is to warn people, not to start a bunch of drama. Also hhmoore no disrespect in johnathans defence hes pretty pissed about this situation,wouldnt you be
dosent anyone find it funny that swampbilly has 2 different names?
on shhs and fauna its justin gallimore but when you call his house his name is dustin drant

Old 02-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #10
DeeSeven
Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic art View Post
Also hhmoore no disrespect in johnathans defence hes pretty pissed about this situation,wouldnt you be
I try and stay out of this stuff but honestly I don't see how he would be pissed. Did he actually lose anything? Does swamp have anything that belongs to him? your friend still has his "$2000" worth of jewelry. Why be pissed? he should be grateful he didn't get taken for a ride...I wouldn't send you a dime without some proof you have what you claim to have.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!