Inquiry shipyourreptiles.com - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:27 PM   #31
C.J. Vogler
I used them a week ago and saved $17 and is was so nice just walking in to th hub and ropping the box off. So nice to print my own labels.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #32
AbsoluteApril
Just used this service for the first time on Tuesday and it was easy, quick and painless. Arrived by 10:30am the next morning. Saved my buyer about $15. Thanks ProExotics! I'll be using this service again.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #33
spawn
Used it a week ago - saved $17.00!

Old 05-30-2009, 01:47 PM   #34
fearaffect
Ive used them twice already, and couldn't be happier. Didnt know what I was gonna do to ship until they started this service.....just as good as anything else that Pro Exotics does...first rate!!!! Also use their other shipping service "Allproshipping.com".

Brye
Kustom Reptilez and Kagez
714-829-4230

Old 05-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #35
TommyC
I can drop off at the UPS hub as late as six pm which is very handy in the warmer months.

As soon as I learned they were using UPS at shipyourreptile.com, I was determined to try them out and am very glad I did. The savings are nice but for the chance to fly UPS and it be legit I would have gotten on board anyway.

Thumbs up from me for shipyourreptiles.com. I'm very pleased to have this new working relationship with the people in brown.

Tommy Carpenter

Old 05-30-2009, 07:04 PM   #36
VinnyButch
SYR

I've used ShipYourReptiles.com about 15 times so far and (according to the SYR web site) saved over $200.00.
Every shipment has arrived in perfect condition and right on time.

One little speedbump, though....

If you drop off at a UPS hub, everything's wonderful. They're professional and you're in and out in a minute.

If you go to a UPS store, they aren't quite up to speed on SYR being allowed to ship harmless reptiles. I've gotten tossed out of two UPS stores for "illegally trying to ship snakes". Even if they call the UPS people, they don't usually get the right answer. One manager has forbidden me from ever shipping anything through his store again. LOL

Robyn has told me that as time goes by that will become less of an issue. It's just that the UPS stores are franchises and they can pretty much do what they want. I was just shocked that there are people who are actually afraid of snakes.......

Vinny

Old 05-31-2009, 04:22 AM   #37
snakemom1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Yohn View Post
Just used this service for the first time on Tuesday and it was easy, quick and painless. Arrived by 10:30am the next morning. Saved my buyer about $15. Thanks ProExotics! I'll be using this service again.
I just want to say THANK YOU! For saying it saved your BUYER that money. Almost every post up to yours was how it saved that individual the money. I don't know what you offer for sale but your the type of person I'd want to do business with in the future. Thinking of how to save the buyer some money and not themselves.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:03 AM   #38
spawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemom1961 View Post
I just want to say THANK YOU! For saying it saved your BUYER that money. Almost every post up to yours was how it saved that individual the money. I don't know what you offer for sale but your the type of person I'd want to do business with in the future. Thinking of how to save the buyer some money and not themselves.
Why thanks for calling the collective group selfish.

Vinny - sorry to hear that. Did you give the manager at that store Robyn's number? Seems the service isn't adequate for you if you have to deal with something like an angry manager barring you from the store. That's a terrible shame, and I hope it improves with time, but it would seem a simple phone call from the right person could straighten that out for the future.

Quote:
Ive used them twice already, and couldn't be happier. Didnt know what I was gonna do to ship until they started this service.....just as good as anything else that Pro Exotics does...first rate!!!! Also use their other shipping service "Allproshipping.com".
After visiting Allproshipping.com, I could not figure out how the site was different from shipyourreptiles.com, aside from the color scheme. What/who is that site catered to?

Old 05-31-2009, 02:15 PM   #39
robyn@Pro Exotics
Each UPS Store is an independent franchise, and they reserve the right to refuse any package for any reason, including live shipments. Most are very accepting, but if you find one that does not want to ship live packages, there are many other drop off points to choose from.

Public reptile phobias still get a lot of doors closed (quickly), but I think it gets better each year.

As for the main APS site, we have other hobbyist sites coming online shortly, including Aquatics, Bikes, and RC, and the basic APS site allows for them to book shipments now without reptile pics and details creating a phobic or confusing situation.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:33 PM   #40
BryonsBoas
I've used SYR 3 times so far without a hitch , 2 outgoing packages and 1 incoming. The two outgoing saved US right around $36 - 38. We price some of our animals shipped so the few extra bucks in savings is nice.

When I print and attatch my labels, I leave the part on the side in small print that says " shipyourreptiles.com and UPS is a trademark of ...". So far no issues and I'm not really expecting any as I talked to two UPS drivers ( 1 was a supervisor ) last week about SYR and both said they would pick up the packages no prob.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!