Bad Guy OVERSEAS SCAMMER - talk2james080@hotmail.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
mvite
OVERSEAS SCAMMER - talk2james080@hotmail.com

Here's another email address that's being used on KS to scam.
----------------------------------------------------

from talk2james080@hotmail.com
tomav@gmail.com

dateFri, Jun 19, 2009 at 3:22 AM
subjectMessage about: Axanthic Western hognose project - includes two adult VIRGIN females
mailed-byking5.kingsnake.com

hide details 3:22 AM (8 hours ago) Reply

NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised

I will like to buy your snake and let me know if its availiable for sale,i will like to let you know that i making payment with money order get back at me if its ok by you
jojo

----------------------------------------------
Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
location window) the URL below to view the ad that
this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=690982&cat=6

This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.
This person may or may not be who they say they are.
The return address they provide may or may not be their correct address.

Sent 02:22 AM, Jun 19th, 2009 from I.P. Address 196.46.246.21/

I've found that by tagging the email address below, it makes the BOI thread pop up as the #1 result on Google--(Thanks Webslave!) So--even if someone doesn't know about the BOI they can learn about this scam by doing a simple websearch.

Plus--all the wording sounds alike--once you start to see how they speak--you'll be able to spot them instantly when they contact you.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
TheFragginDragon
Get 'em Mark!!!

Old 06-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
jayfischerherps
Well they are persistent if nothing else. LOL

Old 06-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
hoosier645
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvite View Post
Here's another email address that's being used on KS to scam.
----------------------------------------------------

Sent 02:22 AM, Jun 19th, 2009 from I.P. Address 196.46.246.21

IP Address Location
IP Address 196.46.246.21
City -
State or Region -
Country NIGERIA
ISP AFRINIC.

Shipping might be an issue on this one.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
Nokturnel Tom
Thanks for the heads up

I just got that exact email reply to one of my ads... Now I know not to waste any time on it...thought it seemed suspicious...
Tom Stevens

Old 06-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #6
mvite
I'm glad you found this, Tom. I can't believe they try to scam so many of us.

I've made a pledge to tie up these stupid scammers any time that I can.

I will say that this scammer is very disorganized. I had to remind him to scam me.

-----------------------------
Quote:
from<mav@gmail.com>
tojames sunday <talk2james080@hotmail.com>

dateSun, Jun 21, 2009 at 9:25 AM
subjectRe: Message about: Axanthic Western hognose project - includes two adult VIRGIN females
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details 9:25 AM (42 minutes ago) Reply

Sounds good. I will find some Western Union offices locally so I am ready.

You're gonna love my snake! I wish I could put it in your .

Thanks again.

Joe
- Hide quoted text -

On Jun 21, 2009, at 2:12 AM, james sunday <talk2james080@hotmail.com> wrote:

Moreover,about the shipment my shipping agent will handle that and the payment will come with the amount of $2000 which you will wire the change to my shipping agent through western union for the transportation(flight ticket) of the snake to my
residence i will let you know as soon as payment is sent.

To: talk2james080@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Message about: Axanthic Western hognose project - includes two adult VIRGIN females
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 15:03:04 -0400

Thanks James-

Name & address is:

Joe Mamuh
4889 William Penn Highway
Murrysville, PA 15668
215-693-6235

On Jun 20, 2009, at 2:29 AM, james sunday <talk2james080@hotmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the reply i will like you to please forward ASAP your details,Full name and Address and telephone number for the payment to be issue to you ,I am counting on your support in concluding this transaction
> From: mav@gmail.com
> To: talk2james080@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: Message about: Axanthic Western hognose project - includes two adult VIRGIN females
> Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:11:01 -0400
>
> Hello are you still interested?
>
> Joe

Old 06-21-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
jayfischerherps
It's sad that some people are actually gullible enough to fall for this.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #8
dprince
Gosh, now I finally feel like part of the "in" crowd!!

Quote:
Re: Message about: Wanna make a Silver Bullet? 1.1 pair of 2007 PewtersThursday, July 2, 2009 9:41 AM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"jojo roy" <talk2erica080@gmail.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: "Debbie Prince" <info@thegeckoprince.com>Thanks for the reply,My name is jojo James and i locate in Montana ,I have a family of four,My son is ten and my daughter is seven,my number is 18054192104,I am not home right now and leave me a message if I do not answer.. I will like to know the price of the if the price is okay by me and its good to go i will like to pay for it and my mode of payment will be via MONEY ORDER which you can cash instantly at your bank,the payment will be sent down to your place via FedEx courier service.
About the shipping there is no need for you to worry about that because i will have my personal shipping agent sent down to your residence for the pick up and inspection but i will need your help in remitting the shippers fee because I have not gotten in contact with the shipping agent for sometime now so what i want to do is that i will add excess fund i mean include his payment together with yours and once you have the Money Orders from FedEx and have them cashed instantly at your bank,Then you will deduct your payment and have the rest paid to the shipping agent via WESTERN UNION as soon as i have him located okay,he will be able to make arrangement to take his flight to your resident then and pickup then ship.So if this is okay by you i would want you to provide me with the below information which will be used to send the payment to you I hope you understood my explanation to you.

1. First and Last names(which will be issued on the MONEY ORDERS)
2. House address(physical home address where UPS will deliver payment too)
3. Phone number.(in case i need to contact you urgently)

I will be waiting for the details so that i can mail the payment to you...Here is my cell No..18054192104

Thanks and GOD bless you
Erica.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Debbie Prince <info@thegeckoprince.com> wrote:

Hi Erica,

Is there any questions I can answer for you about these snakes?

Thanks,
Debbie :-)

--- On Thu, 7/2/09, talk2erica080@gmail.com <talk2erica080@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Message about: Wanna make a Silver Bullet? 1.1 pair of 2007 Pewters
To: info@thegeckoprince.com
Date: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 5:43 AM

NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised

I am interested in your snake for sale.
erica

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=695770&cat=32

Sent 07:43 AM, Jul 02nd, 2009 from I.P. Address 216.118.251.246/
They must just zip through the Kingsnake ads and try new email addresses with each person. They didn't even bother to change their name from JoJo!!

So..........they're still out there. Just a heads up.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #9
mvite
Yep--the rotten little turd is still hitting me up as well. I mean, you would think he'd realize that I am the same Mark V all the time....

I'm getting ready to send him a pic of my dog's breakfast from 3 days ago.

I wonder who's number he's posting there??

fromMark Vitelli <mavitelli@gmail.com>
tojojo roy <talk2erica080@gmail.com>

dateThu, Jul 2, 2009 at 11:02 AM
subjectRe: Message about: 2009 Just Hatched! Pastel ORANGE Ghosts & Pastel 100% het Ghost + MALE ALBINO
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details 11:02 AM (2 hours ago) Reply

No sales to Nigeria cock sucker.
- Hide quoted text -

On Jul 2, 2009, at 11:02 AM, jojo roy <talk2erica080@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the reply,My name is Erica James and i locate in Montana ,I have a family of four,My son is ten and my daughter is seven,my number is 18054192104,I am not home right now and leave me a message if I do not answer.. I will like to know the price of the snake if the price is okay by me and its good to go i will like to pay for it and my mode of payment will be via MONEY ORDER which you can cash instantly at your bank,the payment will be sent down to your place via FedEx courier service.
About the shipping there is no need for you to worry about that because i will have my personal shipping agent sent down to your residence for the pick up and inspection but i will need your help in remitting the shippers fee because I have not gotten in contact with the shipping agent for sometime now so what i want to do is that i will add excess fund i mean include his payment together with yours and once you have the Money Orders from FedEx and have them cashed instantly at your bank,Then you will deduct your payment and have the rest paid to the shipping agent via WESTERN UNION as soon as i have him located okay,he will be able to make arrangement to take his flight to your resident then and pickup then ship.So if this is okay by you i would want you to provide me with the below information which will be used to send the payment to you I hope you understood my explanation to you.

1. First and Last names(which will be issued on the MONEY ORDERS)
2. House address(physical home address where UPS will deliver payment too)
3. Phone number.(in case i need to contact you urgently)

I will be waiting for the details so that i can mail the payment to you...Here is my cell No..18054192104

Thanks and GOD bless you
Erica..

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:06 AM, Mark Vitelli <mavitelli@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks.

On Jul 2, 2009, at 8:48 AM, talk2erica080@gmail.com wrote:

I am interested in your snake for sale.
erica

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=695159&cat=32

Sent 07:48 AM, Jul 02nd, 2009 from I.P. Address 216.118.251.246/

Old 07-02-2009, 01:29 PM   #10
mvite
oh jeez--I swear I meant to censor myself---I hit "post reply" too quickly.

I wish someone could pull my out of that post! (Harald? I really didn't mean it!)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
talk2james080@hotmail.com