Good Guy Good Company [Big Appl Herp] - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
evilcowboy420
Good Company [Big Appl Herp]

I just wanted to post a quick message of how I my transaction went with Big Apple Herpetological.

First thing I ordered a Ball Python Normal. I was a bit nervous about ordering a live animal online so I decided to call in my order in case I had a question that needed to be addressed. The lady I spoke with was very helpful and the transaction went quick. I inquired of how it would be shipped and she said a deli cup and the cup would be placed in a bigger box. I was ok with this because I figured it was better than a paper bag. The whole transaction went smoothly and came to 86.83 with shipping. Since it was a Normal I was pleased with the price because the local mom and pop store around me wanted 100 bucks for a baby. They provided me with a tracking number around 4 pm after placing the order around 10 am which was good cause I got the tracking number even before ups took possession of the package.

How the package came: It came ups next day air. The package was delivered in a white box with large staples holding it closed. in side was a Styrofoam lid with styrofoam lining the box. There was a lot of shredded newspaper for extra packing and then the deli cup with air holes all around it for air and a sticker with the name and the scientific name. The snake was very alert inside. I could tell that right away. After taking it out of the cup it balled up more whick gave me an oppertunity to check him for wrinkles and mites. Since he was a Farm Raised Captive Baby I expected there would be no mites but can never be too careful. It had a very well rounded body clear eyes and overall just a good looking snake.

Over all the experience was a pleasant one and I would definately order from them again. I forgot to specify weather I wanted a female or male so make sure if you order that you remember to do this I felt like it was my fault for not specifying so I will have to sex it later when it calms down. The only thing I would have liked to have seen was a hatch date on the label but I believe it is a spring 2009 baby so I can gauge a rough estimate from that. The source they get these from seem to be a good source. For a larger company they are a superb company and seem to really care about the animals they sell.

The snake however tried to bite me but that was mainly due to being scarred and in the new environment. I have never had a ball before but I must say you can avoid a bite way easier from them than even most garter snakes (Some are pretty fast from what I have experienced handling wild ones). Over all I am enjoying the snake and it is very active now at night time and roaming all over the cage. My only concern is I can't get ti to use the hides that I have made for it (Had to make a hide cause I forgot to buy one when I bought the cage carpet and heat mat. I plan on purchasing a half log next time I am at the store) . Anyhow ordering from big apple is definately not a bad choice and is by far more than I expected from a larger corperation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!