Terd Ferguson (HerpExpert) Herpetology101 - Inquiry - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:02 PM   #21
floridaboy85
Perhaps the Kingsnake adds are down but the adds here are still up right on the front page.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:19 PM   #22
Chameleon Company
It would seem that some puzzle parts do not fit as of yet.

Quote:
The address he gave was 25 West Flagler street Miami, Fl. 33130. An address search came up with the name Joel D. Eaton & Podhurst Orseck for that address & a phone number 954-463-4346. The zip code he uses on Reptile Auction is 35188 that is a WOODSTOCK, AL. zip code. The Phone number he gave is a cell number is 414-828-4859. That number is a MILWAUKEE, WI. number.
The cell phone could be no big deal, as it may have been initially set up for the Milwaukee area, but would continue to work just fine in other states. The zip code variance raises issues. Two first names is a problem as not even the Nascar folks name their kids Ted-Steve ........ Joe-Bob maybe. Haven't misspelled my name lately either. Slice it - dice it anyway that you want, when a "new" entity shows up selling a little bit of everything, something is not as it seems. Either an old entity with a new name, a drop shipper, or something else. Mike, I have to agree that something isn't passing the "smell test" here. Doesn't make him/her bad, just not as he/she appears.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:17 PM   #23
LauraB
Back on 10-31-06, that seller had month-old Nosy Be chams for sale. Someone on another forum (Jim F...remember that post?) inquired there about the seemingly inexpensive price. I also did a bit of research back then and noticed that HerpExpert/Herpetology101 had only been registered here, at KS, at Reptile Auctions and at PayPal since the end of September...first red flag. I also noticed back then, looking at the diverse animals he had at Reptile Auctions, that the chams he listed were at zip code 35188 (Alabama), some snakes were listed at 53214 (Milwaukee, WI) and turts were listed at 53140 (Kewosha, WI). At none of the 3 sites he advertised (then and now) did he ever list a location other than "USA"...second red flag. For me, the third red flag was his disclaimer that some email programs recognize his email address as spam. For me, that kind of added up to a new wholesaler or drop-shipper dealing in WC and not the CB / CBB he claims his animals are or someone seeking to re-invent their perhaps uh..tarnished...identity.
As of early this afternoon, all his Fauna ads were still up and active as well as his ads at Reptile Auctions, but I haven't looked for any since then.

All that said, I must say his ads are professional and articulate (so articulate in fact, how could the seller have possibly "accidentally" misspelled his own name? hmmm..) and the photographs beautiful. All the animals represented in his photos are the picture of health and excellent care. (Of course who knows for sure if they ARE his photos??)
I personally have been interested in a couple of his animals, but without knowing more about the seller and with said flags a-waving, I haven't taken my interest further than a just wait-and-see posture, but would definitely consider a purchase if Terd/Ted/Steve were not such a mystery entity.
I am, above all, a natural born skeptic!

Old 12-07-2006, 08:22 PM   #24
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB
53140 (Kewosha, WI).
Funny the first person to give him praise is from the same zip as this one and just registered today.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #25
heathn
Don,t know if it matters, but one of his good guy comments in this thread is really new. "Elect" joined up today.
Heath Norris

Old 12-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #26
LauraB
Imagine that! I hadn't even noticed..very observant of you!

Old 12-07-2006, 08:27 PM   #27
heathn
you beat me to it. arrrrrrgh.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #28
Mike Greathouse
Mr. Ferguson,
This thread has progressed to a point where, if you hope to enjoy any success at all selling through the classifieds here, you need to respond any clarify some of the issues that have been raised.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #29
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_topless
The address he gave was 25 West Flagler street Miami, Fl. 33130. An address search came up with the name Joel D. Eaton & Podhurst Orseck for that address
25 West Flagler Street, Miami Fl, 33130, (Suite 800) belongs to the active and prestigious law firm of Podhurst, Orseck, Josefsberg, Eaton, Meadow, Olin & Perwin, P.A. They obviously have a 305 area code. I just knew that address sounded familiar! www.podhurst.com

Perhaps one of the "partners" also dabbles in reptiles? LOL

It just gets better and better!

Old 12-07-2006, 09:51 PM   #30
Chameleon Company
Laura,
I do remember the discussion in another forum, but I do not think this vendor's name was mentioned specifically, just the generic discussion about the pros and cons of buying such young panther chams. Regarding the "pro" posts in this thread, I believe that both post were in the first 1-2-3 made by the posters. Along with the other evidence, while not indicative of any wrong doing, how many times have we seen posters come out of the woodwork to support a vendor in question, who also seems to have come out of the woodwork. The variety of animals offered is virtually an impossibility to be under the same roof. In the end, every customer may be getting what they paid for, but I do not think that is the point, and would implore "101" to come forward and come clean. The point is that so much of this business is "buyer beware", and that an ounce of prevention on the part of the buyer is the best way for them to keep from losing their money. Fundamental to that is knowing exactly who you are dealing with. "Herp Expert" .... c'mon down ! BTW, if nothing else, that name is a bit of a joke, and I don't care who you are.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!