Terd Ferguson (HerpExpert) Herpetology101 - Inquiry - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:56 PM   #31
LauraB
And to be fair...maybe Terd/Ted/Steve..HerpExpert/Herpetology101 has an office in the City National Bank Building in Miami...it is a large public office building, after all.
He does have 13 totally positive feedback posts at Reptile Auctions. I don't have a clue how Reptile Auctions works, having never registered, purchased or sold off that auction block, but all his feedback there is positive, thus far.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:46 PM   #32
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Laura,I do remember the discussion in another forum, but I do not think this vendor's name was mentioned specifically, just the generic discussion about the pros and cons of buying such young panther chams.
You're correct...the vendor's name was not specifically mentioned in the other forum's post, just the fact that there were Nosy Be babies for sale for $XXX on XXX website. They were, in fact, the only Nosy Be's for sale at that time, for that price and at that particular website, which was mentioned specifically in that particular post and easily researched. More recently, they have been advertised for exactly $20.00 more than they were originally offered back at the end of October by the same seller, with the same photos, and at the same sites we all frequent.
Quote:
how many times have we seen posters come out of the woodwork to support a vendor in question, who also seems to have come out of the woodwork.
Too many...hence, this inquisition. I spy another just tonight in a brand new BOI post! You are correct!
Quote:
The variety of animals offered is virtually an impossibility to be under the same roof.
Again...totally in agreement. Hence the skepticism as to the claim that all his animals are CB or CBB, especially since first activity of this particular seller on the internet is only some 3 months ago...and given the 3 different zip codes represented in the ads.

In the end, you are absolutely correct...it's a "buyer beware" business. That's why I bought from you, Jim...and have purchased from only those established, "visible" others I KNOW I can trust. That's why I observe, read and try to listen more than I speak

And yes, everyone interested in this thread wishes Terd/Ted/Steve will "C'mon down!"

Old 12-08-2006, 01:05 AM   #33
garweft
Has anyone tried to email him a link to this thread?

I have noticed his ads on KS and though that it looked like either a new wholesaler, an old wholesaler using a new name, or a scamer. Either way I wasn't interested, but I do wonder.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:28 AM   #34
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft
Has anyone tried to email him a link to this thread?
He has been here viewing this thread at least once.
Hopefully he will decide to post and clear up some of the questions.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:35 AM   #35
dbdave
He and they are good guys. Just got a snake from them and all went fine and perfect.You can trust him.....

Old 12-08-2006, 08:29 AM   #36
kmurphy
Quote:
He and they are good guys. Just got a snake from them and all went fine and perfect.You can trust him.....
Now that's a funny post . You may want to fill in the blanks. Who's he,they,them and him? And while you're at it, who are you?

Old 12-08-2006, 09:30 AM   #37
SiscoReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB
He (Terd/Ted/Steve..HerpExpert/Herpetology101) does have 13 totally positive feedback posts at Reptile Auctions. I don't have a clue how Reptile Auctions works, having never registered, purchased or sold off that auction block, but all his feedback there is positive, thus far.
Auction feedback on ReptileAuction are as easying as getting 12 different accounts and each of them giving your other accounts fraudulant feedback. In the old days on eBay there was an irc chatroom where some dishonost people on ebay could go and meet. They would put up fake auctions and the others in the chat would make a fake bid and they would exchange gleaming feedback. I don't trust 'feedback' as much as several people on this BOI giving actualy feedback.

Of course, some of the feedbacks here have more weight than others. For example.. dbdave joined fauna in July 2003 and made one post about wanting some tarantulas and never posted again. It's now Dec of 2006 and he only two other posts are to give praise to Ted/Terd. I am not saying dbdave is not legit, but his praise does not hold much value to me since I don't know him. This whole thread is starting to stink of old cheese.

Rick

Old 12-08-2006, 08:10 PM   #38
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft
I have noticed his ads on KS and though that it looked like either a new wholesaler, an old wholesaler using a new name, or a scamer. Either way I wasn't interested, but I do wonder.
I'm thinking it's an old wholesaler (and/or scammer) trying to sneak in with a new business name to attempt to lose old bad reputation type baggage and got caught hence why the ads probably vanished from KS pretty sudden after a couple months of solid posting. KS has been starting to make people show proof (DBAs) that they are registered with their state to legally do business under whatever business name they are trying to post as. If they can't show proof they are a registered business entity then they have to post under their own name.

Quote:
# All advertisements posted with under a business name, must be with a legally registered business name, registered with the appropriate state and/or federal agencies.

Adrian

Old 12-08-2006, 08:19 PM   #39
Chameleon Company
Very astute logic Adrain, with supporting reference. Nice job ! I maxed out my karma giving for today.

Old 12-08-2006, 11:51 PM   #40
crestedcrazy
I don't know the people personally but I got a baby grayband king from them a few months ago off of KS and it came in great and feeding with no problems. It was shipped on time and packed well and "Steve" responded to all my emails quickly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!