Illinois state law issues - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 02-11-2005, 04:06 PM   #11
Alias47
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregh
I understand wanting to get a lot of traffic to view this thread, but isn't there a legislation forum somewhere on here?
Yes...it is under a pile of dust on the bottom of the pile...
I believe Jason did the right thing by posting it here...

This legislation may be at the Illinois State Level...but will affect the Pet Industry nationwide...effectively anyone selling animals at the NARBC show in Tinley Park would have to have a State license to do so...and would have to be inspected...and have current veterinary checkups on ALL animals...as well as all documentation for the care of such animals.

Anyone who transfers ownership of an animal in the state (even if it is for free) is subject to this legislation.

How do all of you who do big business with people in Chicago feel about that?

Old 02-11-2005, 04:13 PM   #12
Tripple H Herps
This is not a good thing to say the least.......

Old 02-11-2005, 05:02 PM   #13
Classic Dum's
If anyone can pick up an IL phone book and start calling the head managers of there local pet stores and making them aware it would be apreciated all you hve to tell them is go to www.ilga.gov and put hb0707 into the top search feature on the left side, Ive contacted all the pet sotres in Quincy, Jacksonville, Springfield, Bloomington and decatur. Also I have contacted the coperate officies of Walmart, Petco and Petsmart all stand to lose sales if this passes. Lori King CHS. Brian Potter and Bob Ashley from NARBC. Also the Chicago Tribune, Sun times, two springfield papers, jacksonville, and two papers in Quincy. They learned last time when we stopped them in chicago to move faster, they proposed this last week and its being heard next Wensday, that a record being proposed and heard in that short period of time is unheard of from what I am told. If you can call pet stores etc tell them to copy the list of reps and hand that list to everyone who walks through there door. Anyway thanks for the help!!!

Old 02-11-2005, 05:08 PM   #14
Alias47
I don't believe that the Committee hearing alone can amend the State Act...

I believe they hear it and deem it worthy of a General Assembly vote...
It will also have to have a companion bill passed in the senate and if both pass it is up to the Governor...who is a douchebag.

Must stop it now...I have written and called both my representative...and the reps on the committee...and wrote my Senator to be sure he is aware of any pending legislation in the Senate.
I also wrote the Governor...

I will be sure to call as many pet stores and breeders as I can...

Old 02-11-2005, 06:31 PM   #15
montezuma
To many people approach government with a type viewpoint, I am glad to see there are people paying attention!

I would like to wish you all in IL some luck on this issue! Do you know who is responsible for the Bill?

Old 02-11-2005, 07:25 PM   #16
Uncloudy
Just thought of something to bring up at the hearing or to your state representatives and all those who want to implement the bill. The millions of dollors it would cost to carry out and enforce this type of state-wide legislation of animals should be enough to kill the bill in its infancy. To me it just seems like the cost to implement a bill or program like this at the state level would be economically unfeasable.
Chris McLaughliin

Old 02-11-2005, 08:09 PM   #17
salito718
please find out who is the douche who introduced the bill, and maybe we can dig up if they have an agenda (you know peta member or something)

Old 02-11-2005, 08:29 PM   #18
Tripple H Herps
Quote:
I understand some of these concerns, but help me understand, exactly what is wrong with providing adequate housing and health requirements to the animals you breed?
- This law will rstrict all BREEDERS regardless of conditions of housing. Like you said, rack systems might not be considerd good enough. A vet inspection each year and selling each animal with a vet inspection. Maybe this would be alright with some of the hobbiest. However I ship out about 100 (retail) animals a month on average. IMAGINE the vet bill for me!

Old 02-11-2005, 08:32 PM   #19
Tripple H Herps
Quote:
Seems to be in the animals' best interest, since so many have been rescued out of unimaginably abusive environments.
- Those people will NOT obey this law. If they cant obey the normal animal cruelity law what makes you think they will obey this one? You see, those type of people are trash. End of story, they will never change. However they will change how us responsible people are treated. I am not based in IL, however I have good customers there and know people there. It just wouldn't be right for the govt to impose a bill like this on them.....

Old 02-11-2005, 10:28 PM   #20
Classic Dum's
Quote:
I understand some of these concerns, but help me understand, exactly what is wrong with providing adequate housing and health requirements to the animals you breed? Why would any responsible pet owner or breeder mind that?
Any responsible one wouldnt, like someone else said its the dirt bags and their not going to change. However the biggest problem here is this was not written by animal people to better the trade this was written by PETA or someone like them to make our lives hell. IL is already full of vague laws take our dangerous animal act its states that any reptiles that is considered deadly or life threatning. However its doesnt state what is life threatning, to a cop who is terrified of snakes that could be a 6ft boa to someone who knows what they are doing its more like a 15ft python. But its left vegue so they can harrass then its up to the courts to decide. In the mean time while you are waiting for trial your being charged boarding fees for the reptiles that were confiscated. Win or lose you get to pay the boarding fees. As long as it takes to get into court your looking at several hundred to thousands of dollars. Its left vague so they can harrass you and try to deteer the general public. Alot of it is really pitiful in IL I personally think there is a bunch of physco ego maniacs in power, either that or they are letting the ego maniacs write the laws for them. Look at toture tactics, they tought us alot of this stuff in the military its just physcological warfare is all it is. If the law stated a 15ft+ snake is illegal and the law was cut and dry, Hey as long as our snakes were under that size we could all live confortable. But they leave it vague so no one knows and either everyone runs around scared, we stay away from certain things because we just dont know or we hide it in our basement and dont talk about it out of fear. Its a way to opress people, make them feel as though they are beneath the power that be.

Think about it if these reps really have that much time on their hands to concern themselves with these kinds of matters, something is really wrong. They should be worried about economies and schools and what not. These things are being drafted written and pushed by humaniacs. I was talking to a friend of mine today about these things and they recently stopped some stupid law in their area( it was a local thing not state) they started asking the reps who had sponsored the bill why they felt is was needed for certain parts of the bill. One of the paragraphs they asked him about, the rep was completly clueless he didnt even know it was in the bill he was sponsoring. How sad is that "ya ill stamp my name on it....even though I havnt read it" Some of these reps get a peice of paper thrown on their desk a little bird informs them "hey pass this and well all back ya in the next election" they dont even read what they are trying to pass. They just do as they are told.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!