Info Eddie Markward - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:09 PM   #1
charlene.dourty
Eddie Markward

As some of you know, my husband and I entered into a partnership with Eddie Markward at the beginning of December 2014. We agreed to terms that both parties found fair. Eddie agreed to take in our collection and care for them until we were able to have them again. My husband is active duty military and got reassigned. Due to the move and us expecting our first child, we felt it would be easier if our animals went to Eddie and would benefit from sharing males/females. After an unfortunate event and learning our animals were very small for their age, we decided to head out to Georgia to pick them up. Upon seeing our animals, I was in shock and at a loss for words. I will leave this here and answer any questions that I need to. I hope that the pictures can speak for themselves.

First pictures are of one of my 2010 female fires. weighed 808g when I picked her up. She was 1300-1400g when he got her in Dec 2014
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #2
charlene.dourty
More Pictures

2013 female Albino Spider.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2015, 08:26 PM   #3
bobbafett
What the heck?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-19-2015, 08:26 PM   #4
bobbafett
How did you learn they were too small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-19-2015, 08:28 PM   #5
mapleman
Wow!! Those guys look awful. I hope you can get them back in good health ASAP

Old 09-19-2015, 08:33 PM   #6
charlene.dourty
We had been asking for pictures and weights for months on a few snakes. I finally got him to send me a picture of two 2014 hatches that I was wanting to trade for some other animals from a friend. When he sent pics and weights, that's when we found out. The two in question was our kingpin ghost female that we hatched in 2014 and a dreambee female I got from Breeder's Circle. He said the kingpin ghost weighed 120g and the dreambee 180g. Both of these animals were at least 75 g when he got them in December of 2014.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2015, 08:37 PM   #7
charlene.dourty
All were infested with mites. Some had them worse than others.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2015, 09:19 PM   #8
meowmeowkazoo
I am at a loss for words. In the past Eddie has seemed like a decent guy, but there is no excuse for the condition of these animals. Do you have any pictures of them from before you left them in his care?

Old 09-19-2015, 09:20 PM   #9
Andy78Gman
So much for his standing as a "good guy" in the hobby.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:21 PM   #10
SPJ
Eddie, please, say something...anything....This is a complete shock to see something written like this about you. I never ever would have expected to see a negative post about you. What in the world happened?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!