under tank heater for sliders.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
dMin
under tank heater for sliders..

ok the aqaurium i have my sliders in use to be my water dragon tank.. it has an under tank heater on it which aint coming off.. so my ? is can u use an under tank heater to heat the water??

Old 11-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
Michael Tarbox
im pretty sure it would work the same after all it is under the tank and isnt in the water. ive had 3 red eared slidders in my life but have never dealt with a water dragon cage being used for sliders though but i was just thinking out loud. good luck i hope you find someone who knows more. it may work but dont just take my word

Old 11-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
The Highlighter
I wouldn't recommend it....it could cause cracks in your tank.

Old 11-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
Tim Cole
As long as the sliders have a heated basking area, I wouldn't worry about heating the water.

Most UTH temps are around 90' which is way too hot for those turtles anyway.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
dMin
well i tried it and come to find out it didnt even work anymore, but the temp of the water in my new room staying right around 82-84 degrees, so i think this will be just fine

Old 11-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
Nick & Chelsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole View Post
As long as the sliders have a heated basking area, I wouldn't worry about heating the water.

Most UTH temps are around 90' which is way too hot for those turtles anyway.
Ditto....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!