Finally Done Hiding -- Ft. My Awkward Introduction - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:30 PM   #1
Great Lakes Snakes
Talking Finally Done Hiding -- Ft. My Awkward Introduction

Well, I figure I should finally bring myself into the light a bit to get to know a few users on Fauna, since I frequent here often. I'm pretty new to the forums, having joined about a month ago, and from the looks of things, seems I'll be sticking around for a while. That being said, I feel a proper introduction is in order.

I suck at these things, so I'm just going to expel a bunch of assorted information as it floods my mind, all kept in a neat little list format -- provided for both your convenience, and to help control my inclination to prove out the socially awkward reputation I have maintained oh-so well throughout the 20 years of my life.

Boring stuff first, I suppose:

- Birth name is Madison, although I am currently going through the process of changing my name to Scarlett. It is traditionary in my family that, upon reaching the age of 20, we are readily given the option to change our name, if desired -- thus I am changing mine.
- Somehow managed to survive 20 years to date, having conquered the womb on September 30th, 1998.
- Favorite color is black, mostly due to the fact I am fully colorblind (aquired, not genetic). Would probably appreciate the color red if I could remember what it looked like... which is ironic, considering my hair is, well, black and red.
- Maintained a 4.32 GPA throughout highschool, which didn't make one damn of a difference in college, since I attend trade school for gunsmithing, welding and machining, on top of breeding snakes.
- On that premise, I am both a gunsmith and snake breeder. I also partake in side jobs that include welding and machining, since they are skills I had to acquire for my gunsmithing career.
- I am new to breeding snakes, with my collection currently standing at 34 snakes in total to raise up as breeders. I am heavily involved with colubrids, but breed BEL Ball Pythons and Rainbow Boas as well.
- Pretty serious electric guitar player. Mostly into metal, but jump around various genres of music. Anything but rap and country.
- Also an instrumentalist of the piano and violin.
- I have had the pleasure of acquiring over 70 tattoos in the last year... which I am now in the process of lasering about half of them, since I want different work and have no room to put them.
- Dream rifle is the Colt M16A1.
- Favorite handguns are the Beretta M9 and CZ-75 (specifically prefer to shoot the Omega).
- Obsessed with WW2 weaponry. Actually, WW2 in general.
- Absolutley love Mexican Black Kingsnakes and Hognoses.
- I sleep with my MBK, Apophis, who is the most amazing snake I have ever experienced. Nobody could ever convince me that snakes are not capable of giving or receiving love and affection after I met him!
- Apophis is named after the Egyptian spirit of darkness, who takes the embodiment of a serpent.
- Most of my snakes are named afters gods and goddess (with the exception of my hognoses, which are named after food).
- My brain has exploded and I can no longer continue typing.

That's about all I can manage, but I figure that's a hefty enough intro. To sum it all up, I'm excited to do business with some great people on here and make a couple friends along the way. I'm always looking to learn and improve, so helpful advise and suggestions in regards to snake breeding or snakes in general are encouraged! Hopefully you found some sort of entertainment in reading my socially awkward introduction, and if not, I commend you for reading until the end. Thank you for taking the time to skim my post, and I look forward to meeting you guys.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:49 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
Welcome to the site!

Old 06-05-2019, 09:01 PM   #3
Great Lakes Snakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Welcome to the site!
Thank you very much!

Old 06-05-2019, 10:18 PM   #4
bcr229

Old 06-06-2019, 03:55 PM   #5
rattyrugrats
Welcome! :-)

Old 06-06-2019, 08:23 PM   #6
webster1234
Wow, heck of an introduction :-) I'm new here too. Welcome to the site.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:01 AM   #7
Great Lakes Snakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster1234 View Post
Wow, heck of an introduction :-) I'm new here too. Welcome to the site.
Welcome to you as well!

Old 06-07-2019, 06:06 AM   #8
danielboykins
So I did not understand - are you a gunsmith or a musician? Will you sell snakes?

Old 06-07-2019, 06:09 AM   #9
Great Lakes Snakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielboykins View Post
So I did not understand - are you a gunsmith or a musician? Will you sell snakes?
I'm a snake breeder and gunsmith. I play a few instruments as a hobby, but have no intent on joining a band or anything of the like -- just something I do in my free time at home!

Old 06-07-2019, 06:09 AM   #10
danielboykins
You are a very unusual person. That's cool!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
snake breeding, snakes