Feedback needed. (new website) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:35 PM   #1
g&mgeckos
Feedback needed. (new website)

I am redoing my site and was looking for some feedback from you guys before I get any further on it. I seem to be having trouble with the background music on my comp. It (the music) just seems to take a while to load for me. But I am still on dialup. Anyway let me know what you all think. The link will only be inabled for 24 hours it is just a temp.
http://trialsites.ieasysite.com/trialsite54945/website/

Old 10-18-2005, 05:43 PM   #2
saltwaterreptiles
Glenn, it looks pretty good, the only issue I have is a personal one, I don't much cotton to sites with embedded sound, but thats just me. The Green and orange tend to vibrate a little as well... other than that, good job!

Old 10-18-2005, 05:51 PM   #3
Shinjite
Pretty cool site! I like the music, but not many people favor the embedded music on webpages. If you want to, you can try looking around for an HTML help page that has music codes on it, and see if it shows you how to put music on the site that isn't embedded. There should be some out there. (Just to let you know...I do like the music! ^_^)

Old 10-18-2005, 06:14 PM   #4
g&mgeckos
Thanks for the comments! Does the pictures on the available page look blurred to you? They appear that way to me, and didn't before.

Cory what do mean by vibrate?

Old 10-18-2005, 06:17 PM   #5
g&mgeckos
Oh, almost frogot thanks for the heads up on the embedded music. I will see what I can on the HTML help page. I think the little gec up in the coner like it.

Old 10-18-2005, 06:21 PM   #6
Rebel Dragons
I don't see any blurring and didn't have anything vibrate either. Other than the music, I think it's off to a great start.!!!

I have never been a fan of embedded music. It can really bog down a com if you are on dial up. I remember the days before cable and avoided pages with music like the plague.

Old 10-18-2005, 06:33 PM   #7
saltwaterreptiles
put red/green orange/blue purple/yellow together and look at the line where they meet, it almost vibrates in the eyes, they are colors at opposite ends of the spectrum and not "complimentary" colors and sometimes can be hard to look at. I see it all the time, red text on a blue or green background and I almost get an instant migrane.

Green and Orange aren't quite that bad, but it is a color combination we were told to stay away from, unless of course, you were looking to create that effect.

lol... 25,000 bucks and a fine arts degree later and I guess I proved my Dad wrong , I DID learn something!!!

Old 10-18-2005, 06:46 PM   #8
snowgyre
Definitely get rid of the embedded music. I know that I ALWAYS shut down any website that plays music. It's like a "WARNING, WARNING WILL ROBINSON" deal to me. You'll lose tons of visitors if you keep it. I mean, just think... most people will be visiting your site when at work, listening to music, or at home. It's a huge jar on the nerves when all of a sudden there's music blaring. Painfully scary!

Speaking of which, I clicked the link and immediately closed the window out of reflex. :/

Old 10-18-2005, 06:52 PM   #9
Supahypegex
page looked nice but very slow to load for me and i'm on cable maybe it was the music loading if it was I didnt hear it (mute key got to love it)

Old 10-18-2005, 06:59 PM   #10
snowgyre
Okay, perused the site. The following is my personal preference. Please don't take anything the wrong way. You asked for a critique and I shall give it!

First and foremost, your site is...well... big. It's not friendly for those of us on smaller resolution screens (like 800x600 pixels). I would suggest going to www.statcounter.com and installing a hidden statcounter on your website. It's incredibly easy and the site walks you through the whole process. It'll give you valuable information on how many people visit, how long they stay, how often they visit, along with their ISPs, screen resolutions, and OSs. Not only that, it's absolutely free! I use it on my website and it's incredibly helpful to me to tailor the site around the visitors that come.

I say get rid of the fade-in, fade-out deal. It slows down my browsing and for a button-clicking fool like me I get frustrated. In general, websites should follow the KISS rule unless you're a graphic designer. Keep It Simple Stupid. I use it on my work all the time. Besides, keeping things simply makes it a whole lot easier on yourself to maintain the website.

I also don't like the green background. I say keep everything the same color. Your bannerhead and your links have a black background. Black is your friend. It matches virtually anything. Also, like others have said, human eyes can't register blue/red, orange/green, or anything like that because the cones for these colors lie next to eachother on our retinas, so our resolution is terrible. I personally like black/orange, black/green, or black/yellow. Black/red is too dark. Human eyes are lazy. They won't make the effort to read something that's difficult to see.

This is long so I'll cut it off here. I can always write more later anyway.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!