lemon creme x killer bee - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-21-2019, 01:36 PM   #1
kalerway2019
lemon creme x killer bee

the male is the lemon creme (lemonback x vanilla) female is killer bee (super pastel x spider) clutch size was 8 eggs and out of the 8 eggs only 1 hatched. we had a few problems with maternally incubating. my question is that i need help identifying what genes are in this beautiful combo. my guess is lemonback, vanilla, and pastel. please can anyone help?
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2019, 01:44 AM   #2
kalerway2019
Opinions????

Old 08-23-2019, 06:25 AM   #3
chrisis697
I haven't seen many lemonback combos, but I believe it's similar to the fire gene. To me it looks like lemonback, vanilla, pastel. Mabe super pastel. How much of a difference between the baby & father? Good luck!
Chris
B and S Pythons/Facebook

Old 08-23-2019, 04:51 PM   #4
elena
It can't be both lemonback and vanilla, it is one or the other. Lemonback and vanilla are allelic, meaning they are on the same locus. That means that if both genes are displayed in one parent, and the other parent has neither, all of the babies will be either lemonback or vanilla. None will be normal, none will be both. It is essentially the same as breeding a super pastel to a normal, in that no normals or super pastels will be produced, only pastels. In order to produce an animal that has both lemonback and vanilla, one gene needs to come from each parent, not both from one. I hope I have explained this well enough. That being said, your animal is definitely either a lemonback pastel or a vanilla pastel. Also, again, it can't be a super pastel, you need to have two parents carrying the pastel gene to produce that.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:57 PM   #5
kalerway2019
http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/lemon-cream/

This is what the folks at Southern States Exotics said.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:05 PM   #6
elena
I don't see how that in any way disproves what I have just said. Yes, a lemon creme is a contains one copy each of the lemonback and vanilla genes. But it is not like a bumblebee, that can reproduce itself when bred to an animal without those genes. The genes are on the same locus. A single animal can only pass on one of those genes. I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this well enough, but the pairing you describe simply can not produce an animal with both the lemonback and vanilla genes. And, similarly, cannot produce a super pastel.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:07 PM   #7
kalerway2019

Old 08-23-2019, 05:09 PM   #8
elena
I'm not saying lemon cremes don't exist lol. I'm just saying you can't have produced one with the pairing you describe. I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:09 PM   #9
kalerway2019
Sorry Guys, I'm new to using the IMG links. The posted pics are the father at about 4 months old and then around breeding age. And before you ask, he had a really nasty poop and required a rinse.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:14 PM   #10
kalerway2019
I think you make sense, however I am lost at what the actual baby is then, because it looks like nothing that I would have expected from the combo.

I did put it in the morph generator and it wasn't a match either. What do you see. Do you not feel that the father is a Lemonback Vanilla combo then?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!