The Latest Step In Fighting Crime At Reptiles Shows!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 05-21-2004, 12:05 AM   #1
Neil Gubitz
The Latest Step In Fighting Crime At Reptiles Shows!!

Just recently, Tony Cueto (promoter of the Tampa and F.I.R.E. Reptile Shows), with a little help from me, started a NEW website in order to stop crime at our shows.... It will prove to be so helpful, that "Reptiles Magazine", has put a whole article right in the front of the new issue (on sale now)....

Click on....

http://www.ReptileShowCrooks.com

You guys will LOVE THIS!!

Enjoy....

Neil

Old 05-21-2004, 01:55 AM   #2
carl3
scary...

I never realized how bad theft was at reptile shows before.

There were TONS of people with backpacks at the last show I attended and all I thought was THANK GOODNESS I'm not a vendor b/c I would be worried all day about theft.

That website may fill up fast if herp show promoters around the country all contribute. I bet there is a lot more theft than most people attending the shows realize.

They should add helpful hints & precautions for preventing theft on that website too....this way its not so reactive...but a little proactive, especially for the amateur vendors w/less experience.

well, thats my 2cents anyway...not that ya'll care.lol

Old 05-21-2004, 02:52 AM   #3
Kevin Kaley
That website is a great idea. Vendor's should print up their pictures and hang them in full view as a deterent.

Old 05-21-2004, 05:13 AM   #4
Lucille
I see their pictures, an arrest date and the charges. These people HAVE already been convicted, right? You are not posting pics of people who are still legally presumed innocent?

Old 05-21-2004, 05:40 AM   #5
Kevin Kaley
They probably have not went to court yet, it only happened 2 months ago. But there where plenty of witness's who saw what happened. Dave Lawson is already in jail on other charges.

Old 05-21-2004, 05:55 AM   #6
Lucille
The pics label them as criminals. Isn't that libel if they should somehow get the charges dropped? I'm no expert, just curious.

Old 05-21-2004, 07:19 AM   #7
KNOBTAIL
NEIL, i am curious to know

if other show promoters from other shows are willing to add information to this site. Are they aware of it? JERRY

Old 05-21-2004, 07:21 AM   #8
Seamus Haley
Yeah...

If they had actually been convicted, I'd say great.

Even in a situation like this where guilt is pretty well evident, posting in this manner could wind the owner of the URL in some considerable trouble- look what has happened to the individuals running the websites outing "internet pedophiles" In no way am I deffending any of them- just agreeing that it's a good basis for a libel lawsuit.

I also can't help noticing that the list of three people seems to include only those on Neil's personal vendetta list. There have to be more people who have been caught stealing at shows... some who have actually been convicted at some point. Where are their names and photos?

Last but not least... I haven't liked the direction that Reptiles magazine has been taking for the last few years anyway, but if there's an article that's REALLY about that website (rather than say... theft prevention measures) on the cover, then Russ has sunk to a new low. Not like my opinion matters since I haven't bought a copy in two or three years, but c'mon... Publishing Gubitz's hatelist as if it mattered to anyone besides Neil is just pathetic.

Old 05-21-2004, 09:41 AM   #9
DThomas
A bit of advice,

Change the labels from crooks, criminals and such to suspects. List only what they were arrested for and leave all opinion out of it. Unless they have been convicted for the crimes listed, they are still concidered innocent of those crimes in the eyes of the courts. After they have been convicted or plead guilty, then move them to a criminals page and list the charges they were convicted of.

It is all public info so there is no problem IMO listing it. The problem comes in in how the info is presented. The way it is now gives the impression the person has already been convicted of the crime and that is where the problem lies. Tony should contact his attorney and run the site by him to avoid any lawsuits. He should do it soon because that site is one big lawsuit waiting to happen.

Old 05-21-2004, 09:57 AM   #10
gila7150
I don't get it

Neil,
So what you're telling us is if someone steals at a reptile show you're after them like a fly on sh*t
...but if someone steals on the internet (Sal), you're their friend to the end.

Anyone else see the hypocrisy here?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!