New Online Reptile Auction - HerpAuction.Net - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 04-13-2005, 10:55 PM   #1
crotalus258
New Online Reptile Auction - HerpAuction.Net

HerpAuction.Net is proud to announce the launch of our new premier online reptile auction, and would personally like to invite you to visit our site. Membership and posting auctions is free. We have some great features and tools to make your auction experience exciting and enjoyable.

Membership Includes:

* Advanced Member Control Panel
* Auction Watch
* Item Watch
* Free Storefront for Sellers
* Bulk Lister and More!

New members also receive and instant $5.00 sign on credit which can be used towards advanced auction features such as:

* Buy-It-Now
* Homepage Featured Item
* Category Featured Item
* Bold Listing
* Extra Photos

You can visit us at: http://HerpAuction.Net

We hope to see you there!

Thank you,

HerpAuction Support Team

Old 04-14-2005, 05:26 AM   #2
DAND
What steps have been taken to avoid the inevitable scammers (i.e. multiple registrations/user names by one person)?

Old 04-14-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
crotalus258
We are currently working on an Id Verification system which work with a paypal backend.

A seller can become verified by sending HerpAuction.net a $1.00 paypal payment. If the seller is a verified paypal member, they will receive an icon next to their username. The $1.00 payment will be credited to their account balance and can be used for auction enhancements. While this is not foolproof nor gaurantee a sellers reputation or business practices, at least the buyer will know that the sellers bank information and address have been confirmed.

Protection for sellers:

A seller can post requirements in their auctions for potential buyers such as:

1. Must be a verified paypal member.
2. Will only ship to verified addresses.
3. Must have at least X amount of positive feedback.
4. Only accept Money orders or paypal.

A seller can check the winning bidders status by logging into their paypal account after payment has been made and check the buyers verification status. If the buyer is not verified, the seller can either refund the payment and not ship or accept the payment.

Another issue we are addressing is multiple registrations with different usernames. This is usually done for the purposes of posting positive feedback on themselves, raising bids or to hide a bad reputation. We do log all IP addresses of new members and will terminate any account caught using deceptive practices. There is a "Report Abuse" button in the member control panel which can be used to report any suspicious activity, failure to pay, failure to ship, etc...

Again, these are not all foolproof remedies but should help to protect buyers and sellers.

Unfortunately, there will always be some that try to scam the system, and these are issues that even the largest auction sites face, but we will do everything in our power to help protect our members and resolve any issues that may arise.

Thanks,

Terry

Old 04-14-2005, 03:05 PM   #4
DAND
Thanks for the reply Terry. I'll have to check it out.

Old 04-14-2005, 04:15 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
Sounds good Terry! Ill check it out, just wondering though, I got an email about the site yesterday, how did you get email addresses to send this email:

Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:39:02 -0400

HerpAuction.Net is proud to announce the launch of our new premier online reptile auction, and would personally like to invite you to visit our site. Membership and posting auctions is free. We have some great features and tools to make your auction experience exciting and enjoyable.

Membership Includes:

Advanced Member Control Panel
Auction Watch
Item Watch
Free Storefront for Sellers
Bulk Lister and More!
New members also receive and instant $5.00 sign on credit which can be used towards advanced auction features such as:

Buy-It-Now
Homepage Featured Item
Category Featured Item
Bold Listing
Extra Photos

You can visit us at: http://HerpAuction.Net

We hope to see you there!

Thank you,

HerpAuction Support Team

Old 04-14-2005, 04:29 PM   #6
crotalus258
Wendy, I have a complete list of all emails for every herper in the U.S....LOL just kidding..

Actually, over the last week we have been sending out emails to herpers that we have located via a search on alta vista for reptiles, chameleons, bearded dragons etc. Your website must have been included in the search results.

Hope we didn't offend you by this.

Thanks,

Terry

Old 04-14-2005, 04:37 PM   #7
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalus258
Wendy, I have a complete list of all emails for every herper in the U.S....LOL just kidding..

Actually, over the last week we have been sending out emails to herpers that we have located via a search on alta vista for reptiles, chameleons, bearded dragons etc. Your website must have been included in the search results.

Hope we didn't offend you by this.

Thanks,

Terry
At least you have a sense of humor lol

I was not offended at all, just curious about how you found people and it makes me feel kinda special that I came up on a search engine lol

Old 04-15-2005, 06:14 PM   #8
crotalus258
Seller Verfication

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
What steps have been taken to avoid the inevitable scammers (i.e. multiple registrations/user names by one person)?
We now have the seller verification process in place.

This should provide a little peace of mind to any potential buyers.

Click here for more info.
http://herpauction.net/displaynews.php?id=2

You can click on any of the current running auctions to see an example.

Next project: Get the verification process working for buyers.

Thanks,

Terry

Old 04-15-2005, 07:00 PM   #9
DAND
Thumbs up Kudos

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalus258
We now have the seller verification process in place.

This should provide a little peace of mind to any potential buyers.

Click here for more info.
http://herpauction.net/displaynews.php?id=2

You can click on any of the current running auctions to see an example.

Next project: Get the verification process working for buyers.

Thanks,

Terry
Terry,

I'm glad to see there are steps being taken for varification.

Old 04-15-2005, 07:02 PM   #10
dragonflyreptiles
I like that too, I just registered, Ill do the paypal this weekend then list some auctions!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!