Boy Kills Giant Turtle - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 07-02-2006, 05:47 PM   #51
homegrownherps
Better yet , I'll stick to my earlier post.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #52
sfaoldguy
yawnnnn...

Old 07-02-2006, 06:05 PM   #53
Griz
Jim, why do you refuse to answer one simple question?

I have read your posts hence the need to ask the question.

Let's see:

1) You don't want people taking deer from your woods yet you have a collection of animals that originated from someone's environment. AND your motivation to own these animals is profit driven vs necessity.

2) You think it's horrible to harvest a wild animal yet your wearing leather shoes.

3) You somehow believe there are actual animals that are magically grown for human consumption but wildlife is not part of that. Isn't the very definition of being made for human consumption imply that it is made of meat?

4) You have created an animal hierarchy based upon whether you have to pull the trigger or not.

5) You have created a human hierarchy based upon whether you pull the trigger or not. After all, if you are the one who pulls the trigger then you are obviously a low life who needs to get a better job to provide for his family.

6) You equate law abiding hunters with poachers.

7) You mistakenly equate hunting as having no positive effect on wildlife despite the BILLIONS we spend each year on the environment.

I just shelled out over $20,000 on an elk hunt at 3 Forks Ranch for later this year and I am just one person! Nevermind there are MILLIONS of other low life hunters doing the same.

So Jim, yes, I am asking YOU for your definition of senseless hunting because your whole arguement, of which I just shot full of holes, depends upon it.

So, what is YOUR definition?

Griz

PS You and I do agree on one thing though. All of God's animals have a place on this earth. Right next to my mash potato's!

Old 07-02-2006, 06:41 PM   #54
homegrownherps
your right, I shouldnt have an opinion.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #55
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
your right, I shouldnt have an opinion.
Not one based upon fallacies and lack of common sense.....

Griz

Old 07-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #56
Griz
I just hope you're tough! j/k

Old 07-02-2006, 07:00 PM   #57
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
I just hope you're tough! j/k

tough enough wise @ss

Old 07-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #58
Griz
Jim, I was referring to your sig. Good grief.......

Griz

Old 07-02-2006, 07:46 PM   #59
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Jim, I was referring to your sig. Good grief.......

Griz
Sounds like you was directing it to me, at least it sure looked that way.
just about all of your posts about this have been sarcastic.
If you want to be a smart @$$, espect the same in return.

this seems like senseless hunting to me;

Hunting, the stalking and killing of animals, has been an American tradition most likely since the Ice Age when plant food became scarce. Today it exists as a "sport"; even when the animals' flesh is eaten, there is no excuse or justification for stalking and killing an animal in his or her habitat. Nevertheless, people not only engage in hunting but strongly defend it as their right to do so. With an arsenal of rifles, shotguns, muzzleloaders, handguns, bows and arrows, hunters kill more than 200 million animals yearly - crippling, orphaning, and harassing millions more. The annual death toll in the U.S. includes 42 million mourning doves, 30 million squirrels, 28 million quail, 25 million rabbits, 20 million pheasants, 14 million ducks, 6 million deer, and thousands of geese, bears, moose, elk, antelope, swans, cougars, turkeys, wolves, foxes, coyotes, bobcats, boars, and other woodland creatures. (Data from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and state wildlife agencies.)

Old 07-02-2006, 08:08 PM   #60
kmurphy
Quote:
The annual death toll in the U.S. includes 42 million mourning doves, 30 million squirrels, 28 million quail, 25 million rabbits, 20 million pheasants, 14 million ducks, 6 million deer, and thousands of geese, bears, moose, elk, antelope, swans, cougars, turkeys, wolves, foxes, coyotes, bobcats, boars, and other woodland creatures. (Data from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and state wildlife agencies.)
Well heck, my one deer isn't going to make a difference so I guess I may as well keep it up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!