New Digital Camera - Help Me Choose! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment

Notices

Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical and practical details of how to take good pictures and videos, as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
AGoodwin
Question New Digital Camera - Help Me Choose!

I absolutely loved my old camera (a casio xilim I got for $250 on ebay) when I got it, and it served me well for years. However it is now about 6 years old and has been acting up quite a bit (it sometimes takes several tries to turn it on as it likes to power back down immediately). I would LIKE to have the convenience of just using my iPhone camera, but it really sucks (I only have a 3gs).

SO, I am in the market for a new digital camera. Money is tight, so I have quite a low budget but have found a few within my price range. I was hoping you guys could help me out and tell me which one you think would be best and why. My main uses will be for taking pictures of my reptiles and other pets, and any other random pictures I feel like taking. Nothing artsy or professional. So, take a look and tell me what you think would be my best option. My personal favorite is the Canon PowerShot A4000, but I would like to get the opinion of those that are more experienced with the current market.

Thanks!

Fujifilm Finepix JX580

Samsung DV50

Canon PowerShot A2300

Canon PowerShot A4000 *My Favorite*

Old 03-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
SERPENTS DEN
Get your favorite at B&H Photo, you can't beat their selection, prices or service.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...op+Nav-Search=

Old 03-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
AGoodwin
Thanks for the reply. That is great that I can get the same camera for $50 less.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodwin View Post
Thanks for the reply. That is great that I can get the same camera for $50 less.
and get free shipping...lol

Old 03-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
hhmoore
I know what you mean about having an old favorite finally crap out...I really miss having my Olympus.
I don't have much experience with the cameras you're looking at - but my girlfriend has a Canon Powershot. I hate the thing with three passions, honestly; and that was before I broke it. (Though I will say that when I picked up the pieces & put it back together as well as I could, the camera still worked. I don't like it any better, but I do have to give it credit for that)

Old 03-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #6
Metachrosis
What did you decide on ?

Old 08-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
Reptile Frenzy
Hey steve great site! Just found the camera we bought my wifes mom and its $80 cheaper than best buy where we purchased it from. Deff will buy from this site!

Old 08-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
SERPENTS DEN
v=
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile Frenzy View Post
Hey steve great site! Just found the camera we bought my wifes mom and its $80 cheaper than best buy where we purchased it from. Deff will buy from this site!
The store itself is even more amazing, they sure do run a smooth operation.

B&H Tour
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmN6pBEfSIQ

Old 12-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #9
anolelover
I would highly recommend a Pentax K-50. Most amazing camera ever.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
camera, digital camera, digital photography