How important is a phone number? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

View Poll Results: How important is a phone number?
Very! Won't do business without one. 20 37.74%
It is a nice option but not necessary. 24 45.28%
Never use them and don't care. 9 16.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #21
hhmoore
My personal feeling about phones aside, I used to routinely ask for seller's phone numbers. I didn't call; but part of verifying that the person was legit used to be making sure the name, address, and phone number all lined up. Doesn't work now - too many people don't have, or don't give, landline numbers.
I've basically been out of the marketplace for 2.5 years...and I'm not looking forward to re-entering it in a few months.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:47 PM   #22
misthold
same here.. I like e-mail, but also want to be able to call.. flip side is more people are using MOBIL devices for e-mail.. so weird a phone call, be able to leave a message is so not liked??

Texting is a different deal... no way for me.. Go figure...

showing my age

Old 04-14-2014, 11:53 PM   #23
misthold
sad thing Herald, like me it was nice to have a confirm.. heck how about a nice personal chat?
today with cell phones, unless you can or do confirm a LAND line.. may not really be a way to confirm. pre paied phones.. Sigh.. caller ID..
I guess put me into the old fart category.. I like to be able to talk with a PERSON if I want as a buyer.. may not always use it.. but like the option..

Old 04-28-2014, 09:27 AM   #24
txdyna12
For the folks concerned about giving out/posting your number:

Look into Google Voice. You get a number to give out/post, but when rings to your existing phone. This also helps you identify a personal vs business call/contact allowing you to answer that call as your business name instead of "Hello" and its FREE!

Google Voice also lets you put "ring" restricions/time. So lets say you don't want phone calls after 10pm - it will send all calls that are dialed to your business number straight to VM but allow those dialing your personal number to come through.

Here is a link I found that explains it much better.

http://www.sparkuparts.com/blog/need...-google-voice/

Old 04-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #25
Charis
Thanks for the tip on Google Voice, I'm looking into that now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!