Bad Guy Predetors or petespredetors@comcast.net - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #11
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarnes227 View Post
I said if it had IBD. I have an vet appointment Monday but there's no way to test for IBD without a necropsy.
That's right, I am thinking of the process of elimination..you can rule out other possible illnesses, get a fecal and at least you may get some idea of what you are working with.

You could post pics of the animal in the poses that concern you and note how often it does it. (I know nothing about Boas....so I'll bow out at this point).

Old 01-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #12
Roy Munson
I don't think I'd purchase a predator from a guy who misspells predator.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:06 PM   #13
mbarnes227
Lol. Good point. Didn't even notice that.

Yes, that's what I'm planning on doing with the vet hopefully without having to sacrifice the snake. I've been trying to catch it in action but I only have my phone camera ATM and the snake will flip it's head too quick to catch on the phone. She does it in her cage occasionally but most often when being held

Old 01-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #14
TailsWithScales
Stargazing can be from multiple causes. I've seen blind snakes stargaze and externally you wouldn't know they were blind. Not saying your snake is blind!!! Also extreme cold has been known to cause neurological problems which is also in turn can cause stargazing. Also I'm not saying she has those issues either.

I'm really sorry he's done this to you and the poor snake. I will be sure to spread the word that he's a do not purchase from person.

Has he been made aware of this thread???

Old 01-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #15
mbarnes227
He hasn't replied to any emails since the snake was in the mail

Old 01-09-2010, 09:14 PM   #16
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard View Post
Pete has had issues in the past, there is another thread on the BOI about him. His lack of response is not a surprise.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=pete+martinez

Old 01-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #17
crotalusadamanteus
Yes you can do testing on a live reptile for IBD. I have pathology results and the live snakes to prove it. But, it's not a cheap endeavor by any means. But any new reptile should have blood drawn and tested for various things anyway. Blood work tells many things about internal organs.

Snake was probably jut checking things out. I got many pictures of some of mine staring at the top of their viv's.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #18
mbarnes227
My vet said the only way is to send the dead snake up north to have it necropsied, I have boas that stare. This was not staring straight up, I don't mind that it was head going straight back over it's neck quickly in a motion that is unaffected by my presence.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:04 AM   #19
crotalusadamanteus
Your vet is either misinformed, or ignorant of modern technology. Sorry, but that's just a fact. Although a cadaver is a much simpler subject to work with, and not nearly as costly, arthroscopic biopsy samples can be obtained and sent in for pathology testing. It's not something I'm making up, it's something I've been through more then once when a snake comes from a questionable origin.

I admit, it's not cheap, and not something your average keeper, or breeder is going to fork out the money for, but it can be done, I assure you.

I guess what I am saying about the staring is, usually, an IBD infected Boid will not display only one symptom. Generally if it is star gazing from IBD, it's already affected it's neuro transmission, and will have uncoordinated movements as well. Does the snake right itself quickly if you place it upside down? When mobilizing, does it travel normally, or go in circles, or corkscrew movements? How about the appetite? Keeping it down, or regurgitating?

Good luck, hope it's just curiously checking out the new place.
Rick

Old 01-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #20
mbarnes227
I'm not calling you a liar. I'm just saying what he told me. He probably didn't mention it me knowing I couldn't afford it at the time nor would I be able to with this snake. When upsidedown she rights herself but it takes about 5 seconds. Which doesn't seem like much but when you count 5 Mississippi's it kinda is slower than expected. When she does it, it's a straight back over the neck motion that's super quick, just right over the back in a slightly to the rigt U shape. As for appetite she hasn't at for me yet. I got her on Wednesday and let her settle in thursday, offered her a dead rat friday night and she refused it. I fed it to someone else and offered her a stunned live one, maybe she won't eat dead, she refused it too. It's still pretty soon so I'll take her to the vet tomorrow and see what he says then try again if she comes back with me.

I'm not saying she has IBD. Never in the text have I said that. I'm just saying she's not healthy. And IF she had IBD then, well you know...I appreciate the info, don't get me wrong, but the point of this forum isn't diagnosing the snake, it's on petes credibility as a seller, to try to make this right.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!