Bad Guy scammers aqui4no - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:36 AM   #81
Michael Brown
Pretty hilarious if he did in fact send a box with just newspaper and it weighed only 1lb. Scammers are too cheap to throw some weight in the box to make it seem more believable.

Robert, there is no way in hell that a box with an animal + packing material + weight of the box itself could possible weigh a single pound. That is not to say that fedex could not have made an error in weighing it, but yeah. A 9x10x10 box is not small, its medium to large size. That animal appears to be like 16-32 oz if i had to guess

Also, not remembering the weight of the shipment is a red flag for me that he is lying. I ship frequently and can remember my last 5-6 shipment weights.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:25 PM   #82
elena
When I ship a neonate sand boa (10g) in a box smaller than that, with proper packing materials, it weighs more than a pound. However much that monitor weighed, I’m sure it was more than 10g.

Also, the whole hospital thing, with the refusal to prove it, smells like a scam. I was in the hospital recently and I left with a ream of paperwork.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #83
tlmoon
All good points. It is sounding like the 1 lb box is not reasonable to have contained the ackie. And the seller is not defending himself here, other than early in the thread where he made threats about having an attorney related to the posting of a news story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-18-2018, 01:04 PM   #84
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post

Also, the whole hospital thing, with the refusal to prove it, smells like a scam. I was in the hospital recently and I left with a ream of paperwork.
I suspect Simone does not exist either, or was unaware of the use of her name if she was.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:05 PM   #85
elena
Yeah, that attorney thing was straight out of the scammer's handbook. Immediate red flag for me.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:12 PM   #86
predators
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brown View Post
Pretty hilarious if he did in fact send a box with just newspaper and it weighed only 1lb. Scammers are too cheap to throw some weight in the box to make it seem more believable.

Robert, there is no way in hell that a box with an animal + packing material + weight of the box itself could possible weigh a single pound. That is not to say that fedex could not have made an error in weighing it, but yeah. A 9x10x10 box is not small, its medium to large size. That animal appears to be like 16-32 oz if i had to guess

Also, not remembering the weight of the shipment is a red flag for me that he is lying. I ship frequently and can remember my last 5-6 shipment weights.
The label was bought from a third party label re-seller (Reptile Express). Shipper can enter any weight he wants when he makes the shipment. Fed ex will bill Reptile Express the actual weight or the dimensional weight whichever is greater. In this case the Dimensional weight will be greater. The dim. weight on a 9x10x10 box is 5.4 lbs. Figured by LxWxH divided by 166. The receiver of the box can contact Reptile Express and, ask... Their bill will say actual weight and then dimensional weight. They were billed for a 5lb box but, what actual weight is not sure. Of course the shipper put 1lb when he shipped it and was only charged by Reptile Express for 1lb when it should be 5 but, that is another topic entirely..

Old 09-19-2018, 08:18 AM   #87
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by predators View Post
The label was bought from a third party label re-seller (Reptile Express). Shipper can enter any weight he wants when he makes the shipment. Fed ex will bill Reptile Express the actual weight or the dimensional weight whichever is greater. In this case the Dimensional weight will be greater. The dim. weight on a 9x10x10 box is 5.4 lbs. Figured by LxWxH divided by 166. The receiver of the box can contact Reptile Express and, ask... Their bill will say actual weight and then dimensional weight. They were billed for a 5lb box but, what actual weight is not sure. Of course the shipper put 1lb when he shipped it and was only charged by Reptile Express for 1lb when it should be 5 but, that is another topic entirely..

Think I spent 3 or 4 posts earlier explaining that to the buyer and here, thought it was covered pretty well but maybe not.

But you are completely right Dan, I know as I use Reptile Express myself all the time.

Old 01-10-2020, 08:55 PM   #88
ben t s
And YES - fauna-classifies allows scammer to continue selling. If I was looking for more listed items from this individual, might have fall for $450 scam!

Old 01-10-2020, 10:41 PM   #89
LauraB
It was never really PROVEN that the seller scammed the OP. Yeah, it looked suspicious, given the car accident, "wife/gf" involvement, but the original poster never came to update or offer further "evidence". Fauna is not a court of law. The information is here for each and every individual to make their own informed decisions. To buy or not to buy is your decision and responsibility. It is not Fauna's responsibility to play judge or jury or babysit when no Fauna rules are broken.
DISCLAIMER: I do not know, have never known nor have I ever done business with either the original poster or the seller, aqui4no /
Hannibal Cofield or anyone affiliated with them

Old 01-11-2020, 12:10 AM   #90
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben t s View Post
And YES - fauna-classifies allows scammer to continue selling. If I was looking for more listed items from this individual, might have fall for $450 scam!
Sorry, not our job, fella. Who you do business with is up to you to figure out, not us. We aren't going to tell you what you should do, and we aren't going to claim anywhere nor at any time that everyone posting classified ads here are vetted in any way, and safe for you nor anyone else to do business with. You, and everyone else, just have to make your own decisions, and live with the aftermath of your decisions, right or wrong. Unless someone violates one or more rules here, and we are made aware of such infractions, then, and only then, will we have reason to act. And even then, we will be limited to acting in such a manner as to simply guide such person into being in compliance with the rules. And sorry, but for reasons that should be obvious to most people, we do not have any such rule as "You will not scam, lie, cheat, or steal from someone else." We only provide this medium for people to advertise in. Nothing more. Yes, Jack The Ripper himself could post ads here as long as he is in compliance with the rules.

And guess what? After 02-02-2020, even using this Board of Inquiry to help you make that kind of decision using other members' feedback won't be available to you to do any such research. Posting any such warnings as were allowed here in the BOI will no longer be permitted ANYWHERE on this entire site. THAT will be against the rules. Them days of the BOI being here to help everyone will be over with. You all lost that privilege and use of this tool.

I suppose that is going to give you heartburn too, but gee, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!