Website design? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-17-2006, 01:13 AM   #1
GKO Reptiles
Question Website design?

I'm getting into the leopard geckos with my girlfriend... well I guess I should say I'm already in the leopard geckos with around 20 breeders and 35 babies. The babies are getting to the age to sell. I just love all the morphs and every little gecko we have. Well, thats about me... now to my question. I have a domain name and hosting for my website but the templates they have do not serve my purpose. I want to spend no more than 200 dollars so what is out there? I just want a simple website with good pictures and stuff. I can do all the editing and things myself. I am computer literate I just don't know where to start with the whole website design aspect. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I will start posting pics of all my babies. They are spectacular.

Thankyou,
Phillip Hemingway and Christine Schorr
GKO Reptiles

Old 05-17-2006, 06:01 AM   #2
LadyGecko
If I remember correctly-there are many sites for web page templates that you can download for free
You might just have to spend a bit of time searching and sorting through different websites
Good luck and please do post some pics

Sandy

Old 05-17-2006, 09:27 AM   #3
perefalcon
I'm on tripod.com and that's free, it makes it pretty easy if you're like me and totally clueless about website design

Old 05-17-2006, 09:46 AM   #4
The NY Gecko
You can get macromedia dreamweaver for about 200. if you want it free i can burn it and send it to you. its probably the best web design software there is. i have yet to hear or see anything better. i spent 20 weeks in my school at a web design class and can probably help you out with it if you like. in all seriousness let me know if your interested.

Old 05-17-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
Rick007
Is that not software piracy.........

Unless you learn to do it yourself $200 aint taking you too far.

Old 05-17-2006, 12:24 PM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
Yes, it is software piracy...

I would have to agree that Dreamweaver is the best for easy website development. The prices tag on DW8 is $399.

http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/

Dreamweaver does offer templates, but you need to know how to use the software to successfully edit them...

http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamw...oad/templates/

If you know nothing about coding & design and want something professional, your best bet is to hire someone. If you don't mind the banner advertisements, a free service like Tonya suggested is your best bet, as those are probably the easiest to update & maintain.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:41 PM   #7
420Geckos
If you don't mind reading there's several how to books on Dreamweaver 8. I'm reading them right now and it doesn't seem too hard.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:33 PM   #8
The NY Gecko
It really isnt, i picked it up in under a week and can now make a good website. just dont have any drive to or reason yet. not till i get hatchlings :-P. well if its software piracy, i can always make the website for him, not for 200 of course because no one would believe that someone at the age of 15 would know what theyre doing. the even sadder part? most kids know more about computers than most adults.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:43 PM   #9
scalesnstuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by The NY Gecko
It really isnt, i picked it up in under a week and can now make a good website. just dont have any drive to or reason yet. not till i get hatchlings :-P. well if its software piracy, i can always make the website for him, not for 200 of course because no one would believe that someone at the age of 15 would know what theyre doing. the even sadder part? most kids know more about computers than most adults.

Actually for the first couple of years that the net was about, large corporations were hiring children to do the web design. I remember one company had to find a new one because theres got grounded and was not aloud to come to work. It's proven that children can pick up things faster than most adults.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #10
scalesnstuff
As far as the website goes, draw what you want. Copy it and scan it, email it to me and Ill send you back the html code to do it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!