Pink Lemonade Horned Frog? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:11 PM   #1
hisk
Pink Lemonade Horned Frog?

Has anyone bought one of these so-called "pink lemonade" horned frogs from Underground Reptiles? They look really interesting, but I'm hesitant considering there are no other photos out there that I can find.

Did anyone else take a chance on these?

Old 06-17-2022, 09:14 AM   #2
JColt
There are like 12 - 15 horned frog morphs. That one looks like lemon albino horned frog. Sometimes morphs have multiple names.

Old 06-17-2022, 11:07 AM   #3
Socratic Monologue
My hesitancy on that purchase would not be regarding the frog morph itself. That's all the rules here permit being said, so hopefully a little hint is sufficient and Google can help with the details.

Old 06-17-2022, 01:04 PM   #4
hisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
There are like 12 - 15 horned frog morphs. That one looks like lemon albino horned frog. Sometimes morphs have multiple names.
I can’t rule it out, but the lemon albino is already listed on their website. The way the two morphs were photographed is totally different though so it’s hard to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
My hesitancy on that purchase would not be regarding the frog morph itself. That's all the rules here permit being said, so hopefully a little hint is sufficient and Google can help with the details.
Yes, that is one of the major reasons I’m more cautious than I would be otherwise. The only reason I’m even considering it is because this morph is terribly interesting if it actually does look anything like the picture.

Old 06-17-2022, 01:14 PM   #5
Socratic Monologue
I don't want to link to an ad on another platform, but a DDG search for 'pink lemonade horned frog' got me some hits ('pink lemonade pac man' didn't work as well) from another vendor (probably the person who actually bred the frogs) on that other classified site. They might have info on the exact genetics, though my above caution still holds in this situation too. Sigh.

Old 06-17-2022, 01:23 PM   #6
hisk
Quote:
I don't want to link to an ad on another platform, but a DDG search for 'pink lemonade horned frog' got me some hits ('pink lemonade pac man' didn't work as well) from another vendor (probably the person who actually bred the frogs) on that other classified site. They might have info on the exact genetics, though my above caution still holds in this situation too. Sigh.
I didn’t even think about trying “horned frog” as a search term! Unfortunately the photos didn’t look too promising either. I’m probably going to skip these guys. What a shame.

Old 06-17-2022, 01:40 PM   #7
Socratic Monologue
It might be interesting to figure out what the genetics are (and report back here, of course ). You might be able to make more informed guesses about what the range of appearance might be by comparing with other similar morphs.

Just a suggestion, though; hope you end up finding whatever it is you're looking for.

Old 06-23-2022, 02:54 PM   #8
hisk
Quote:
It might be interesting to figure out what the genetics are (and report back here, of course ). You might be able to make more informed guesses about what the range of appearance might be by comparing with other similar morphs.

Just a suggestion, though; hope you end up finding whatever it is you're looking for.
I sent a couple of messages to Unground to see if they had any other photos or anything, but needless to say they weren’t super helpful in that regard. I realize they have a lot of business and can’t answer every question, but considering it’s supposedly a unique morph with no other examples that I can find you can’t blame me for being curious.

I haven’t had a chance to ask the probable breeder yet, but I will report back when/if I do!

Old 06-24-2022, 12:52 AM   #9
hisk
Minor Update: The Pink Lemonade Pacmans from the other site are NOT the same as the ones from Underground Reptiles. The non-Underground frogs seem to be sold via Frogs Direct and come from an in-house lemon x strawberry cross.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!