Question for closing gap. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:08 PM   #1
Randall Turner
Question for closing gap.

I have a handful of Vision 221s and I'll be upgrading the occupants to larger enclosures shortly. When I do, I will be housing neonate leopard boas in a couple of these enclosures. I'm usually comfortable with the gap that sliding doors have, but these neonates are extremely small, small enough that I'm paranoid they will either get out through the gap or try and hurt themselves in the attempt. I'm looking for some suggestions on filling the gap. If all else fails I'm going to try using aquarium air line split and slipped over the inside edge of the inner door. It halves the gap doing that, but I'd still like to hear other suggestions.

Photo added to give an idea how small these guys are... This was right after being born last month.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2019, 04:01 PM   #2
bcr229
On the occasions I've had to put a small critter into a larger enclosure where there was a potential for escape due to gap in the doors or a hole in the enclosure for cords to run, I put the critter in a tub with a secure lid, and put the tub in the enclosure. You'd have to run the setup for a few days to ensure the tub-in-enclosure model is heated appropriately.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:47 AM   #3
Randall Turner
I actually have them in shoe boxes at the moment that are inside a vision 400 that I'm waiting on a heat panel for lol.(Wish I'd hear something from pro products already. Sent the money order a week and a half ago). I debated ordering a rack but I never heard back from Ali regarding a couple questions I had, which was unfortunate. Then again, I am not a fan of racks when I can avoid them.

Old 08-09-2019, 03:21 AM   #4
Helenthereef
Not sure if this is ANY use, but I have plugged gaps with slices cut from a foam pool noodle - they can be squashed into weird shaped places but remain quite firm and easy to clean.
By the way, such cute babies!

Old 08-09-2019, 08:47 PM   #5
Randall Turner
Thanks Helen. That isn't a bad idea. I keep some pool noodles on hand (different uses, covering railings etc) and it would only be until they grow a bit bigger. Thanks, I agree they are cute little boogers.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!