UTH Heater Doesn't Get Hot? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2019, 02:27 AM   #1
michaelaberkowitz
Question UTH Heater Doesn't Get Hot?

I'm pretty new to keeping reptiles and when I got my first snake (a milk snake) 1.5 years ago I planned on using a UTH. I got the ZooMed UTH and I remember it getting slightly warm but barely doing anything for the tank's temperature. So I went with a heat lamp instead and haven't had any problems since.
But now I'm getting a Brazilian Rainbow Boa, so a heat lamp isn't a viable option (because of the humidity requirement). I got a new UTH from a different brand, hoping it would work. It's been on for about 1.5 hours and it's somewhat warm but it doesn't even come close to increasing the temp to what I need, which is a big problem.
Luckily I have a few days to figure this out before I get the snake, but I really don't know what to do. I wondered if anyone else has had this problem before. Any advice?

Tags
brazilian rainbow boa, heating, question, supplies, uth