oustalet chameleon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-25-2006, 09:27 PM   #1
alejandro
oustalet chameleon

hi
i am going to buy an oustalet chameleon soon and since there is so litle info on the internet about this animals can someone with experience on this help me? i already got the cage ready it is 7 foot tal screen cage i am going to hace it outside since i am in puerto rico.
i already have owned 2 veileds so i got some experience on chams.
please if someone hace experience on oustalets help me and if got pics better.

Old 01-26-2006, 04:32 PM   #3
alejandro
thx if someone else have any other link or personal experience?

Old 02-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Jaredsmom
are they rare?

Old 02-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
EvilLost
you will likely not get an oustalets at this time, especially as a first chameleon it is not a great choice

might i recommend a panther if you have the budget otherwise a veiled is a great beginner cham

you can get more info over at the www.chameleonforums.com

Old 02-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
Killer Chams
Why cant the guy get an oustie? They arent that rare I see them advertised on fauna and Ks fairly often. Although they are usually wc's. And this guy may have a harder time getting one imported into puerto rico unless someone theres already breeding them. They are no harder to care for than a panther or a veiled. In fact they mite be considered a little easier to care for than a panther due to the fact they can withstand higher temps and less humidity than panthers.

If you dont have exp with wc's I would recommend waiting for a cb to come along. If youve cleaned up a reptile or two you should be able to handle cleaning up a wc cham. You'll need a good exp vet to help you though. Its a team effort between the owner/keeper and the vet. Good luck!

Old 02-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
EvilLost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Chams View Post
Why cant the guy get an oustie? They arent that rare I see them advertised on fauna and Ks fairly often. Although they are usually wc's. And this guy may have a harder time getting one imported into puerto rico unless someone theres already breeding them. They are no harder to care for than a panther or a veiled. In fact they mite be considered a little easier to care for than a panther due to the fact they can withstand higher temps and less humidity than panthers.

If you dont have exp with wc's I would recommend waiting for a cb to come along. If youve cleaned up a reptile or two you should be able to handle cleaning up a wc cham. You'll need a good exp vet to help you though. Its a team effort between the owner/keeper and the vet. Good luck!
he "can"....but pretty much the reasons you listed is why. I don't think it'd be worth that much extra trouble, esp for a first cham personally.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
Killer Chams
Depends, it may not be worth it for you or I. As personally ousties arent my favorite species and not worth the hassle of cleaning up a wc. But if they are your cup of tea then I see no reason why he cant get one for a 1st cham. Any cham he tries to buy is going to be a pita to get down in pr. Not many cham breeders down there.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
wormfood
Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandro View Post
hi
i already have owned 2 veileds so i got some experience on chams.
please if someone hace experience on oustalets help me and if got pics better.
He not a first timer with chams as you keep saying.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!