Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-26-2004, 12:36 PM   #86
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Talking

I did it!! I got a waiver! Oh happy dance!

Old 04-02-2004, 07:20 PM   #87
Captive Bred Excellence
Fedex account

Just wanted to get some feedback on the fedex waiver to ship reptiles.

I have 2 problems with it.

1) Company agrees to waive any right to recieve adjustments, refunds or credits under the money back guarantee policy as defined in the Fedex service guide.

Why would it make a difference WHAT you are shipping in regards to WHEN the shipment gets there? Isn't that what we are paying for with overnight priority service? I can understand then not wanting to accept liability for the LIVE arrival part, but not for the time it takes them to get it there.

2) Company acknowledges that all shipments tendered to Fedex under this agreement are for business to business delivery only. No residential deliveries are allowed under this agreement.

Most of our deliveries are residential, unless we claim they are being delivered to a home based business.

We are already approved shippers with Delta and UPS so don't require their service. I realize there are not a lot of shipping options so don't want to make a big stink with Fedex and weaken our position with them or spoil anothers ability to become approved. I just felt those two requirements were unacceptable. I could live the the not recieving adjustments if not arriving on time, rediculous as that is. But to require us to lie about who is receiving the shipment seems unreasonable. Did anyone else get this immpression?

Tad Fitzgerald

Old 04-03-2004, 06:40 AM   #88
dwedeking
Quote:
Did anyone else get this immpression?
Yes. But 6 - 8 Months ago we couldn't ship anything via Fedex. In very few negotiations in business are you able to grab 100% of your demands in the first round. Personally, I am hoping that we are able to show them volume ($$) with little to no mishaps over a period of time. Then we will have leverage to go back to them with a more acceptable (to us) solution. If this doesn't work out then hopefully it will make other shippers realize the available market (competition) and that will give us more leverage to find a 100% acceptable solution.

Old 04-03-2004, 11:05 AM   #89
Captive Bred Excellence
I have made a few attempts to get an account with Fedex as far back as '94 with the same "no shipping reptiles" response, so I understand. I also agree with you 100% in regards to getting our demands met slowly as we establish a partnership.

Removing the "business to business" clause is not a demand it is a requirement to for us to legaly ship to a residence under their present agreement.

I can think of several options but none are acceptable to me except #4.

1) Conform to the aggreement and only ship to other business's. We don't need the account to ship to business's as we use Delta for that. This account was to offer door to door service to non-business customers.

2) Lie about it and say it's being shipped to a "home based business". This would require permission from the reciever to lie and claim they are a business. This would work in some cases and actualy be true but we feel it is unprofessional to ask our customer to lie about it if in fact they are simply purchasing a "pet".

3) Ship it anyway and see what happens.

4) Get Fedex to remove the business to business requirment and allow a door to door service to residences which is what we mostly use it for.

The fact that they won't honer the time arrival guarantee is simply them taking advantage of us because of the current circumstances. In regards to the time it takes to deliver what difference does it make WHAT is being shipped? As their customers we are paying them for the overnight priority service to get the shipment there by a specific time. We are counting on the time element to lesson the risk to the animals AND lesson our risk from a financial standpoint. We are already giving up ALL liability in regards to live arrival no matter what time it gets there so this is ridiculous!

Here's one senario off the top of my head. A driver has one of our boxes "out for delivery" and also has several other priority shipments that MUST be on time. With this current agreement they can now save ours for last knowing it really dosen't matter what time it gets there. This doesn't seem like an acceptable situation for the animals to be put in as well as the reciever waiting for the shipment. What do we tell our customers who are paying priority shipping prices? It Should be there by such and such a time but we can't really give you a time as Fedex is under no obligation to get it there?

I just see these issues as more reasons for shippers to continue to ship illegally in unmarked boxes and take their chances of not being caught. I hope with time these two issues can be rectified, but under these current conditions I am not willing to sign their waiver.

Tad Fitzgerald

Old 04-08-2004, 08:11 AM   #90
INSANE CANES
Getting 404 when I try to click link in 1st post.
Was wondering if this is the link to the correct form?

Fed X form

Thanks in advance

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver