Adeno Thoughts - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-13-2008, 06:24 AM   #121
draggintails
Sherri,

Thank you for making some calls. Yes CA Avian.., he is a bit rude and he is like that to other vets too so don't be put out. He is also willing to offer information and becomes much nicer...he does accept samples in for dragon adeno PCR testing through vets of course but outsources them to VMD..he has not received samples though.

Tracie,

1. With the incident that just happened it is not professional for you to make statements that you have a negative breeder testing and retesting with verified negatives and be unwilling to provide proof for those that ask. It was originally said that these results would be posted on the breeders page, when this was retracted that stirs skepticism that alludes to deceit.

2. With the many hundreds of thousands of dragons out there you do not know the scale that are poor doers vs. the good doers. This has to be established to make a statement like this.

3. If data is going to be viewed and gathered...it should not be done so by you. PATS has been corrupted...hear me out here. False information was given to the entire reptile world on your website/posts/verbally. This information was not even attempted to be verified yesterday by you after all of this, but another person did this. It is your responsibility and as you say.."viewed and gathered by me". You did not make an attempt today to verify.

3. The data is already corrupted. That data should absolutely not be collected and gathered by you. The data should be collected by a university (Lou Ann has data and so does FL) each breeder who wishes to be labled as a "negative breeder" can post their official (on the lab's return form) on their websites for public verification..if you copy and email those results with a header to the university on that paper they will confirm or deny that those are their results (April and Lou Anne do this very quickly)..that is perfectly legal and breaches no confidentiality laws if it is posted on the web and they are all happy to do this as you have witnessed in the past.

4. I think we all agree that we see no one here with an agenda, it is perplexing that you keep saying this. I see several people who happen to be breeders doing a lot of research and posting all information they get and being very honest about their testing situation and colonies.

5. We do see you as having an agenda and it is to be right all the time and to pound your beliefs into others at the expense of hurting(check your old posts re: Dachiu, Sandfire, and a few others) others when you did not do an ounce of research to find out if this was global or truly to be blamed on breeders. PATS would have been done properly if it was for the animals. Non existent data and unverified persons would not have been mentioned. Tracie, I truly do not see anyone participating in this organization.

6. The reason it has not been done before by an individual: Well, if an individual wants to take this on for the purposes of statistics and organization of official negative breeders: legal will advise to file for 501C3 which could take up to a year any medical or data gathering organization should be set up legally with the government and have officers and a board..there must be balance. With a 501C3 the public is able to view any documents (medical/financial/correspondence) of said organization, it is illegal to withold any document that the public asks to view.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:49 AM   #122
draggintails
I have been contacting every university and Zoo as well as all govt. labs that I can find to find out what the status of the AU wild dragons are. I have made appeals to several Zoo's for a wild population study and I have received my first query response from the Taronga Zoo, she gave me 4 cases of adeno found in wild dragons but I cannot open the files..it is night there so I have to wait until 7:00pm my time to ask her to resend the case files:

Tammy,

We have permits in place that may help us to provide fixed (formalin or ethanol fixed) tissues to the USA for diagnostic testing. If this is to go further, perhaps we should consider a project proposal and grant applications to pay for the diagnostic work.

Please let me know if there is any additional information that I can supply. Thank you for your report.

Best Wishes,

Karrie

Karrie Rose DVM, DVSc
Australian Registry of Wildlife Health
Taronga Conservation Society Australia

This is something I wish to know for myself so I will speak with her and see if we can put together a proposal to the govt. for collection of wild animals for a study. If anyone is interested I can post up these case files when I get them opened and post my correspondence and my completed proposal.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #123
mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache613

I started this project & I will continue it by collecting tests & data. If any data is going to be viewed, it is going to be viewed and gathered by me. I have no agenda since I am not a breeder I have nothing to lose or gain. The data does not need to be scattered at a million different places where it can easily be corrupted or lost.
I am all for getting help. I have no problem with that. I just want it done & with someone who is not looking to have any type of agenda.

Tracie
Tracie,
The trust in your PATS Society is gone, GONE, GONE forever. You were proven to be DISHONEST. You have CORRUPTED DATA and LIED. It is clearly time for you to move on. Please take down PATS. Do not embarrass yourself or the bearded dragon community any further. Please take some time to reflect. You are clearly in over your head. We do not need or will tolerate another CHERIS. Get back to the basics and offer non ego driven, basic care advice. Seek out the EXPERIENCED when you are unsure, just don't wing it. Take a trip to a large breeder's facility and truly learn. I am sure any number of them would give you their time. Make the decision today to disband PATS and your "clients" or honest, unaltered data and facts will be generated via a new site. GAME UP !

BOYCOTTTHEPATS.COM
BOYCOTTTHEPATSSITE.COM
AVOIDTHEPATS.COM

Old 05-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #124
Tere Salazar
Just a quick observation and question...

How many times are you guys planning on threatening Tracie with do this, or this will happen?

Give it a rest already. It's completely uncalled for.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #125
mikey
Tere, This needs to and IS GOING TO STOP. We have tried to get her to see, but this is from just last night..

by Drache613 on Mon May 12, 2008 6:22 pm
Hello,

For those who are not aware of what has been going on regarding the Adeno virus discussion, some of the larger breeders freely admitted today after being forced to admit that they were in fact completely infected with the adeno virus. Dachiu & JMD dragons was a couple, but I cannot remember if there were any others. You are welcome to go to the http://www.faunaclassifieds.com & go to the discussion of the bearded dragons & you will see it is most likely the top one or two on the threads.
If you wish to discuss it here that is fine. However, please keep it civilized.

Tracie

http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/v...5134d48ec508b4

Old 05-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #126
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey
Tere, This needs to and IS GOING TO STOP. We have tried to get her to see, but this is from just last night..

Hello,

For those who are not aware of what has been going on regarding the Adeno virus discussion, some of the larger breeders freely admitted today after being forced to admit that they were in fact completely infected with the adeno virus. Dachiu & JMD dragons was a couple, but I cannot remember if there were any others. You are welcome to go to the http://www.faunaclassifieds.com & go to the discussion of the bearded dragons & you will see it is most likely the top one or two on the threads.

Tracie

http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/v...5134d48ec508b4

But, Jean, how is threatening her if she doesn't shut down PATS going to do any good? It's not. Nobody responds well to threats of any kind. Maybe allowing Tracie and PATS to succeed or fail, without being threatened, all on its own (can't think of the word I want to use here...need more coffee) is a more civilized approach.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:51 AM   #127
Tere Salazar
*Edit: attributes would have been that word.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:51 AM   #128
Valley Dragons
Hello,

Quote:

Tracie

http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/...45134d48ec508b4
So these breeders were FORCED to come clean and say that they are COMPLETELY infected with adeno? Wow, I just love the way you worded that, Tracie.

Jamie

Old 05-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #129
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Dragons
Hello,

So these breeders were FORCED to come clean and say that they are COMPLETELY infected with adeno? Wow, I just love the way you worded that, Tracie.

Jamie
Um...yet you say they freely admitted it? Huh?

Old 05-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #130
Mooing Tricycle
Is this a BOI thread against PATS?

Goddamn.... This thread isnt even worth reading anymore.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!