Small boa round the neck? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #21
Randall Turner
I thought I'd chime in real quick. First I don't see a real problem if careful carrying around one of your animals, they are pets and our enjoyment is why we have them.

Now on the legislative process. You might be surprised how little that has to do with our rights if the wrong person gets a hair up their butt. For example, the large city here has a ban on all boids (including the little itty bitty ones) Iguanas and monitors. The reason for this was 1 beyond stupid City Commissioner who had heard.... HEARD the danger of salmonella and the ownership of said animals. Doesn't take much for someone with zero care about the facts, if it isn't cute and fluffy few people care if you want to keep it.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:52 AM   #22
Helenthereef
Salmonella? Is someone EATING them?

Old 04-17-2009, 03:38 AM   #23
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Salmonella? Is someone EATING them?
Handle your reptile, then wipe your mouth, eat something etc, without washing your hands. The chance might be small of you contracting it, but the chance is there. Many reptiles harbor Salmonella in their system. If they are healthy, they'll keep it in check. If not healthy, the germs can multiply and become a pretty nasty problem.

Key word, CAN become a problem, however unlikely it may be. It's that small possibility that people tend to concentrate on.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!