NFL Predictions! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-08-2003, 12:20 PM   #1
Darin Chappell
NFL Predictions!

OK. We should have started this before this past week's action, but I was busy, and no one else jumped on it. However, it's never too late, so . . .

Here are my picks for the week 2 season of the NFL:

Washington @ Atlanta -- Redskins

Tennessee @ Indianapolis -- Titans

San Francisco @ St. Louis -- 49ers

Miami @ N.Y. Jets -- Jets

Cleveland @ Baltimore -- Ravens

New England @ Philadelphia -- Patriots

Chicago @ Minnesota -- Vikings

Detroit @ Green Bay -- Packers

Pittsburgh @ Kansas City -- Chiefs

Houston @ New Orleans -- Saints

Buffalo @ Jacksonville -- Bills

Seattle @ Arizona -- Sea Hawks

Denver @ San Diego -- Broncos

Cincinatti @ Oakland -- Raiders

Dallas @ N.Y. Giants -- Giants

So, what are your picks? I know a bunch of you are fans. Maybe we can keep a running total on percentages of correct picks? Just for bragging rights, but I think it would be fun.

Old 09-09-2003, 11:46 PM   #2
kenster
darin,
Ya know I can't let a football post go by with adding my .02..

Ok so here's my picks...

Redskins

Colts

49ers

Dolphins

Ravens

Eagles

Vikings

Pack and Lions ( tough choice which team will show up, as much as it pains me to say Lions looked very good Sunday and the Pack umm did not) So with that being said I'm going with LIONS

Chiefs (ouch that hurt )

Saints

Bills

SeaHawks

Chargers

Raiders (if only they wouldn't get 150 yards in penalities...grrr)

Giants

so there ya go

Old 09-09-2003, 11:48 PM   #3
Darin Chappell
Figured I could count on you, Ken!

Just one thing, though . . .

"Raiders (if only they wouldn't get 150 yards in penalities...grrr)"

But then they wouldn't be the Raiders anymore, would they???

Old 09-09-2003, 11:51 PM   #4
Darin Chappell
Seriously, Ken, your picks look good too. Some of these were really a coin toss for me, this early in the season. I really, really, REALLY hope you're right about that Broncos-Chargers game, though! That is one I would NOT be upset about missing!

Old 09-09-2003, 11:57 PM   #5
kenster
Well I figure that since I drafted Jake "the snake" Plummer in my fantasy team he will pretty much just throw INT's all year. As soon as Brees gets in the grove SD will be a darn good team. Now that they have David Boston (who can catch everything that is thrown at him) they will get some points on the board. Keep a running total of our picks and next year the loser will have to wear either a Chiefs or Raiders jersey to a show we both will be at...hows that sound?

Old 09-11-2003, 04:47 PM   #6
Darin Chappell
Ken,

Well, while I have full confidence in my CHIEFS, my game pognostication skills are really poor! LOL

However, I'm game for what you suggested. I'll be at the Tinley Park show next month, but that's before the season ends. So, shall we say whoever has the worse percentage by that week has to wear the other teams' jersey to that show? Or do you want to carry this over till next year?

Either way, we can continue through the season with our picks for bragging rights, of course!

Whatever you want to do is fine with me. If we can get John, who is also in Michigan and a Raiders fan, if I'm not mistaken, invloved, that would be good too. Let me know . . .

Old 09-11-2003, 06:24 PM   #7
kenster
Darin,
The Tinley park show is the same weekend as opening of duck season. So I know there is no way I could make it there Saturday. Sunday I have an application in to hunt the waterfowl refuge, as soon as I hear back about that I'll start making plans for the show. I'm guessing I should hear back in the next week or so. If I do get in to hunt the refuge, I will not be able to make it this year.

If I don't get to make it this year, we will have to carry over the bet till next year. Either way I'll be bringing my digi cam to get some great pic's of you wearing a black #24 Woodson jersery Or would you rather have the white one?

As soon as I hear about my hunt, you'll be the first to know and then I'll let you pick white/black

Old 09-13-2003, 12:00 AM   #8
Sasheena
Hubby Says

He said you got them all right DArin, except he chooses Arizona and Philadelphia (AZ because that's where we are.. gotta be loyal, even though it might be a stretch)

Old 09-13-2003, 12:09 AM   #9
Darin Chappell
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Sasheena (or should I be thanking your husband???)!

Ken,

Hmmm...black or white. I'll have to give that a lot of thought. Whatever I wear, it will have to go good with RED . . .

That way, I won't clash with what you'll be wearing!

Old 09-13-2003, 12:46 AM   #10
Sasheena
We both watch football, but he actually picks out his favorites every week to bet on with his brother. I just vote for the 49ers, the Raiders, the Yellow Tights, and the cutest butts... not necessarily in that order.