Hatched Ruby-Eyed Albinos ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-23-2005, 11:11 AM   #1
groovygeckos
Hatched Ruby-Eyed Albinos ?

From APTOR X Het APTOR ! OK i was a little skeptical (still am ) even seeing it with my own eyes , but now i have hatched a second from 83 dg. inc. and allthough the eyes are darker than the first , i do not beleive these to be eyes of a "Normal"-eyed Tremper Albino from low inc. temps . they are a dark red, almost maroon in color in person , from edge to edge with a much darker ,RED-ish , but visible slit (pupil) , i beleive the lower temps also affect the brightness/darkness of an Albinos (even the "Rubies") eyes, at least the Tremper strain does .

There really werent very many Female Het APTORs or APTORs released , so im interested to see if anyone else ended up with APTORs Het for Ruby Eyes.

Also if my APTOR & Het are Hets , im doing pretty darn well . 6 eggs (so far) ,1 egg actually perished , 3 hatchlings so far , 2 are Ruby Eyed ,when i would expect only 2-4 this season (only one female) from Het X Het breeding. 2 being Het APTORs like this Male below , and the 3rd is fully a R.A.P.T.O.R. !!! LOL

first Het APTOR hatched 6-8-05 from 90 dg. inc.

right eye
left eye

Neat huh ?

Enjoy , try to post the second one that hatched yesterday , 'she`s' a fully "patternless" one too !

Old 06-23-2005, 11:19 AM   #2
groovygeckos
Ok

Now here is the second , hatched 6-22-05 from 83 dg. inc.

First eye pic is how it looks in person , kinda DARK Red

Now this is with more lighting and it seemed to come out brighter than it even looks in person

she`s perty !

Old 06-23-2005, 12:45 PM   #3
Chris@TSE
Interesting....

are you able to take any closer photos of just the eyes in sunlight...?

Old 06-23-2005, 01:08 PM   #4
groovygeckos
I havent been able to get pics of the eyes in any brighter light than in the last pic of the "female" due to their sensitive eyes . she just popped yesterday and it took me over an hour to get those 2 (last pics) . everytime she`d stop moving would close her eyes LOL I was able to get her fairly used to being handled though .

going to try again today to get a pic of the third 90 dg. Het APTOR (also hatched yesterday) that looks to have normal pink/red eyes , and some more of these 2 .

The eyes are the same in lighter and darker conditions and the "female" i can definately see the pupil , that normally "shines" red in lower light on some Tremps while the background is red . you can kinda see the slit in the pic taken in the light . That and the fact my other Albinos from this same temp are hardly red at all is why i decided to post .

Old 06-23-2005, 01:17 PM   #5
Chris@TSE
Post some photos when they begin to reach 20g or so..... it'll be easier to judge when more mature.

Old 06-23-2005, 01:20 PM   #6
groovygeckos
I agree w/ you on that . they are pretty small and do NOT sit still LOL

Old 06-23-2005, 01:49 PM   #7
USAGECKOS
Can't wait to see them when they are older, if the eyes stay red, they wil be awesome

Old 06-23-2005, 05:06 PM   #8
dragonflyreptiles
it will interesting to see how they develop with time and if the eyes change

Old 06-23-2005, 05:17 PM   #9
Jeremy Letkey
Very interesting....

Old 06-23-2005, 05:25 PM   #10
MatthewK
Why yes.. quite the perplexing subject

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!